• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Justification (this isn't a upgrade nor downgraded)

I'm sick and tired of people trying to downgrade dark souls, so I'm going to explain its AP justifications. I'm not going to explain their speed.

Country Level

First people tired to argue this isn't a feat, now they're trying to argue that it doesn't scale to anyone. Neither are true no matter how you look at it. For starters hundreds of characters scale to stuff like this and the only argument against this is that it didn't destroy the castle, but if it did do that it would be game breaking. Not only would it have wasted the creator of the games time and money on a game that already went through development hell, but it would just lead to you falling to your death after the boss fight ends, making the entire fight almost worthless. The second thing is that it would scale to someone regardless, because if you don't think Souls is Star Level then it would still be this tier due to the first flame being one of the strongest thing in the verse (Ashen One's and the technically the bed of Chaos is what happens if you aren't strong enough to light it), thus should be superior to a random bell that was made to praise the Dragon's might. Also it should scale to the Dragons because it was made to worship their power, you wouldn't make a nuclear bomb to worship somethings might if it's weaker than the nuke and samething here. The Dragon worshippers saw themselves beneath the Dragons; they wouldn't do that if they could make something that can one shot them.

Star Level

Anyone that has played Dark Souls 3 would know that the Sun starts fading away at the end of the game. This would scale to Gwyn and other keepers of the first flame, because the Sun most likely is the first flame. Even if it isn't the flame, this would still scale to Gwyn and others like him, because if the first flames dies so does Sun. This is the equivalent of plugging a phone into a computer. The computer (the first flame) is getting its power from the wall port (Gwyn) and is using the power to keep the phone (Sun) charged, so it would scale to Gywn anyways due to being the original power source.

Sorry if poorly written, just bad, or is pointless, but I'm getting annoyed with all the recent downgrade threads, we had three so far and each one (regarding AP at least) have been debunked.

We really need a discussion rule about not downgrading DS for these reasons, its getting ridiculous and extremely tiresome at this point

Ohhh my Mr Wanker just got salty.

Storm has no destructive feats, castle wasn't slightly affected, maybe you should take a lesson from OBD, they actually use feats instead of statements. It wasn't even stated to be done by stormdrake lmfao, show scans it was.

"because the Sun most likely is the first flame."

that's what a fodder debater like you would say. You can't go around saying this is true because it should likely be so. You need actual proof which you have none.

"because if the first flames dies so does Sun."

No, not really, the flame never really dies until ds3. the flame still has embers so that it can be kindled. The blackened sun has no context of it disappearing out of existence. that's made up headcannon again, the sun is never shown to visibly disappear, because it's mass would decrease.

"but I'm getting annoyed with all the recent downgrade threads, we had three so far and each one (regarding AP at least) have been debunked"

get a load of this, they were never debunked lmao, they were closed because all the supporters were to fodder to defend their arguments with feats.

Champion gundyr boss room has no sun or moon light, and his boss area is the result of the first flame going out

Abyss has no sun and moon and is black, untended graves can be a part of the abyss for all they care, show me proof of it being directly affected by the dying of the fire.

Maybe? Always thought dark shrine was at night (and in the past also) although ya may have a point.

That was the past though yeah?.

Champion gundyr boss room has no sun or moon light, and his boss area is the result of the first flame going out

Abyss has no sun and moon and is black, untended graves can be a part of the abyss for all they care, show me proof of it being directly affected by the dying of the fire.

Gundyr arrived late to Firelink Shrine, and was greeted by a shrine without fire, and a bell that would not toll.[1] <- this is from the game. He arrived late and the Sun died as a result

@Keeweed

Which I told you already is irrelevant information, because the fire never really dies. Just it's sunlight. If the fire is still slightly lit then so is the sun still present.

WeeklyBattles said:
We really need a discussion rule about not downgrading DS for these reasons, its getting ridiculous and extremely tiresome at this point
Why this is not already a thing I have no idea

Untended graves was kinda removed from time, as Ludleth forced himself to become a pseudo lord of cinder to avert it. It's not so much past or future as another timeline that Ludleth removed from the main one. You can have the fire die in two of the endings, which either results in absolute darkness or you harnessing both the power of the light and dark to become the lord of hollows, the new supreme being basically.

Back