• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-A The Black Desert Tournament (2023): Huijin Park vs Portal Drake (Semi Final-1)

YorcSsd.png
VS
IVbHbXI.png

Match Rules:
  • Match rules are stated in the Tournament thread.
  • Both are 9-A
  • Speed will be equalized
  • Both have their optional equipment
  • No Prep Time or Information of each other
  • Both start 30 meters away from each other
  • Location: Battles take place at the Desert with an abandoned town (Image)

HuFX5ZU.png

Result:
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
🪳Huijin Park:72.02 Megajoules with Falling Blossom. 177.84 Megajoules with Jun Ji's chainsaw via scaling above this feat
🐉Portal Drake:543.92 Megajoules
Inconclusive:8 (Pepper, ElajRuengies, Adem, Popted, Random, Reiner, DD, Aachintya)

Last edited:
I'm not sure how that'll work against poison gas
It's true, the once-per-day breath attack lowers strength and knocks folk unconscious, and Huijin has no resistance against sleeping gas (Hyeonbin's nicotine worked fine on her)- even after midterms with her boosted vitality Post-Midterms she's still vulnerable (Hana Seon's Erotica Chimera Hypnosis- which puts folk to sleep- is implied to have worked on her given how she was confident it would work against Seyoung Moon)...

But per tournament rules, victory is only via killing, and Huijin's regen/resurrection will kick in even if she's unconscious or literally dead, so...

Wait, how fast does it work?
Pre-Midterms- took several minutes if not around an hour depending on how long it took Suchan to return to Nest.

Post-Midterms- can regenerate her head between panels. Her dismembered limbs reattach themselves before they have any time to fall.

Anywho this is a 7.55x - 15.16x AP Advantage in Portal Drake's favor vs. a 192.02x - 240.69x LS Advantage in Huijin's favor, except that I don't see Huijin being able to grapple it due to teleporting so... Voting Incon.

You know, I do wonder
If the poison in theory knocks her out and then the Drake smashes her will the poison get out of her system and let her wake up?
Anyways there is the question of her stamina, because I assume she can't just regen an infinite amount of time right?
Like the Drake has a fighting style which requires way less energy and the ability to once in a while just get a rest through incapping her so

You know, I do wonder
If the poison in theory knocks her out and then the Drake smashes her will the poison get out of her system and let her wake up?
Moral of the story: Bloodletting works if you have a healing factor
Anyways there is the question of her stamina, because I assume she can't just regen an infinite amount of time right?
Like the Drake has a fighting style which requires way less energy and the ability to once in a while just get a rest through incapping her so
I'm not voting Incon because I think the match would go on indefinitely, I'm voting Incon because while there's a chance Huijin could get the Portal Drake once, and grappling with a ~200x LS Advantage is game over, the Drake has a consistent method of escaping every time so that's not a real feasible wincon.

Anywho, Roach's Form Maehwa literally needed getting hit with a Tactical Nuke in order to burn through her vitality- coming from the whole "cockroaches can survive nukes" thing (48.61 Gigajoules / 11.62 tons of TNT for a nearish baseline 9-A character), and Post-Midterms Huijin has literally 1000 times that as a swarm of "approximately one thousand cockroaches".

So technically she can't regenerate infinitely, but running her stamina out isn't exactly feasible for the Portal Drake, despite each hit being strong enough for a one-shot

So technically she can't regenerate infinitely, but running her stamina out isn't exactly feasible for the Portal Drake, despite each hit being strong enough for a one-shot
Okay weird question, can she suffocate to death?
Is there any way for her to get sand out of her lungs if the Portal Drake just puts some in her wounds?
Thing will spend a long time just TPing around and wrecking her physically, and it's fairly intelligent all around so it eventually will use out there strats I imagine

Okay weird question, can she suffocate to death?
Uhhh... Not sure, leaning on yes if we go by the story (Drowning is general treated as a big deal, and it was a problem for her Pre-Midterm Key at least)
Is there any way for her to get sand out of her lungs if the Portal Drake just puts some in her wounds?
Thing will spend a long time just TPing around and wrecking her physically, and it's fairly intelligent all around so it eventually will use out there strats I imagine
Open-Lung Chainsaw Surgery, and I'm assuming the sand's coming from the desert, so the Drake can't just TP her into lava or something right?

I will say
Since the Portal Drake basically has infinite time to try and take out Hujin and it can knock her out via poison several times it could try suffocating her after she's knocked out by the poison
Just cover her head with sand, her page doesn't give her self sustenance and Elaj said it's more so implied she can't come back from something like that

I will say
Since the Portal Drake basically has infinite time to try and take out Hujin and it can knock her out via poison several times it could try suffocating her after she's knocked out by the poison
Just cover her head with sand, her page doesn't give her self sustenance and Elaj said it's more so implied she can't come back from something like that
The poison is once per day though, and while it figuring how to work around Huijin's regen with poison and using it's portals to dump sand on her is a possibility, there's another possibility of it getting it's neck snapped after being caught off guard, on account of the fact that Huijin's still moving despite her dying from it one-shotting her (543 MJ AP vs. 35/72 MJ Dura)

Either the fight ends in like a minute with the Drake dying from grappling with a 200x LS Advantage due to being caught off guard by Huijin's regen/resurrection, or it takes days with the Drake eventually just burying her unconscious body in sand.

The poison is once per day though
No, it's 5 times per day lol
there's another possibility of it getting it's neck snapped after being caught off guard, on account of the fact that Huijin's still moving despite her dying from it one-shotting her (543 MJ AP vs. 35/72 MJ Dura)
I don't think you can neck snap someone like that when they outstat you in AP?

No, it's 5 times per day lol
Either I'm blind or the profile's wrong then
I don't think you can neck snap someone like that when they outstat you in AP?
Twisting moves in Jungle Juice has allowed Hyeseong- who is much less skilled than Huijin at grappling- to snap around the Stag Beetle's arm through a 13.14x AP/Dura difference (1.35 Megajoules vs. 17.74 Megajoules), which is why it's given limited Durability Negation

Last edited:
Back