• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-A Partners in Crime Tournament; Round 1 Match 7: Kamen Rider Shadow Moon and Kamen Rider Black Sun VS Berdly and The Queen (6-6-3)

Imagine Ki-Go meeting the rider duo again lol
FZA6cvuXwAA8KsA.png

The gameplay videos shows me the danmakus have just the amount of space required to dodge through it.
There's a small (Lol) misunderstanding here, & I think something said here earlier bares repeating:
They are not as small as a SOUL, and not meant for the kind of dodging that the game makes Kris able to accomplish.
That.

"SOUL Height = 37.37 cm (The SOUL is bigger in the Dark World)"

A SOUL is over 4 & a half times smaller by height than most average men, who'd be around 170 cm, if not more.

Ergo, when you look at what happens in the bullet board, & go by that, it should be noted the leeway isn't that much; The gaps between the attacks are only around 22% of a person's height.

Do the Kamen Riders have Acrobatics so as to drastically reposition their bodies mid-air?
AFAIK, a typical person's body cannot fit through gaps that size without notable re-angling.

"SOUL Height = 37.37 cm (The SOUL is bigger in the Dark World)"

A SOUL is over 4 & a half times smaller by height than most average men, who'd be around 170 cm, if not more.

Ergo, when you look at what happens in the bullet board, & go by that, it should be noted the leeway isn't that much; The gaps between the attacks are only around 22% of a person's height.

Do the Kamen Riders have Acrobatics so as to drastically reposition their bodies mid-air?
AFAIK, a typical person's body cannot fit through gaps that size without notable re-angling.
They actually do, but it's not in the profile and their addition is awaiting a CRT (but it's agreed on).

However, the location of the place also aids in their evasion of the danmaku. Since they're fighting in a dump and not a bloody dumpster, there will be much space for manoeuvrability, making things easier to dodge. Secondly, there's going to be a plethora of items there that they can use to shield themselves from the danmakus in addition to their dodging, so they can stay in the battle longer, though those are all one-time uses. Shadow Moon's TK can use bigger objects to shield themselves even better.
Thirdly, their blades will help tremendously in deflecting and blocking against the danmaku too.

Their blades can swing at an arc (duh), thereby deflecting the lines of danmaku they come across as they cross the gap.
We also keep forgetting that Queen and Berdly can also becoming Shadow Moon's shields for their danmaku via TK.

They actually do, but it's not in the profile and their addition is awaiting a CRT (but it's agreed on).

However, the location of the place also aids in their evasion of the danmaku. Since they're fighting in a dump and not a bloody dumpster, there will be much space for manoeuvrability, making things easier to dodge. Secondly, there's going to be a plethora of items there that they can use to shield themselves from the danmakus in addition to their dodging, so they can stay in the battle longer, though those are all one-time uses. Shadow Moon's TK can use bigger objects to shield themselves even better.
Thirdly, their blades will help tremendously in deflecting and blocking against the danmaku too.

Their blades can swing at an arc (duh), thereby deflecting the lines of danmaku they come across as they cross the gap.
We also keep forgetting that Queen and Berdly can also becoming Shadow Moon's shields for their danmaku via TK.

respectfully
that man stood still against a couple wind gusts, swung his blade once, and got hit twice. then he ran up to a stationary target and hit them once
that doesn't really help your case lol
and again, most of queen and berdly's attacks don't come in waves or lines like what you just said, they come in steady streams shotgunning across the battlefield. they'd have to be raiden to make that many slashes over and over again in quick succession

respectfully
that man stood still against a couple wind gusts, swung his blade once, and got hit twice. then he ran up to a stationary target and hit them once
that doesn't really help your case lol
For further context, this is Shadow Moon in his Kaijin Form. Fair enough that him in this key will get hit like that. But we're using the Kamen Rider Shadow Moon key, so again he's not going to stand there like an idiot and take that like a champ. I'm just showcasing that Shadow Moon can do this, obviously this isn't the only thing he can do at this point.
and again, most of queen and berdly's attacks don't come in waves or lines like what you just said, they come in steady streams shotgunning across the battlefield. they'd have to be raiden to make that many slashes over and over again in quick succession
Steady streams that have patterns. Again, their danmaku are neither Sans Level not Touhou Project levels, meaning that they can overcome this obstacle well. That's why I've been here for 4 pages talking about this. If it were anything along that line, I would've voted or surrendered a long time ago.

And that's just one method to deal with danmaku, they still have a few more ways of dealing with it. They do not need to go raiden level for this level of danmaku.
So this danmaku is going to happen all the time, even if Queen and Berdly are being attacked? What's stopping Shadow Moon from using one or both of them as shields for defending against their danmaku. 2 seconds tops and they'll already be in TK range. Hell, he can even pull her chair away to use it as a shield too, removing her flight and having a good cover against danmaku.

latest

Because Undertale/Deltarune's danmaku level is NOT LIKE THIS, there's definitely no reason why Black Sun and Shadowmoon cannot have a fighting chance in this matchup with the abilities and capabilities they bring.

Pardon my late participation, please, but....
Further concern comes to mind:

There's been a fair amount of evidence showing that the KRs are willing to tank attacks to try & initiate their TK, or to charge in.

Similarly, I'd assume it's not something they'd foresee that their opponents who are sending multiple projectiles are several times stronger than them; Usually, they fight someone comparable.

Ergo, while they have the skill to dodge, if their in-character behaviour doesn't show an inclination to do so, they might not do so.

Another issue is that in the 2 seconds or so where they're approaching (& closing distance wouldn't be easy with Speed Equalized, & Berdly & Queen, as projectile users seeing opponents charging at them, would probably want to back away.) they might not be able to get a grip on TK long enough.

&/or, while they're initiating TK, they get hit with an attack they don't know they need to dodge. Again, they have the skills & senses to know where the attacks are & where they're coming from, but their characterization, from what I've seen, doesn't suggest they do dodge often, & are willing to take hits to try & do hits.

A "take hits to deal hits" mentality here, especially one which could be presented by such supposedly bloodlusted-against-nonhumans characters as these does not trade well when only a few hits from your opponents can leave you injured & possibly performing worse, even if they probably have fought well with injuries.

Part of the issue, even if they do try to dodge, is many of the gaps are likely going to be covered by intersecting Danmaku.
There's much less room for error than there would be againast Queen or Berdly individually, & again, a SOUL-sized gap is less than 40 cm.

Do not.
Do not make me write a long post like this.

I am holding everything I can not to defend myself and let this be over with.

Edit: Fe-ck it, I'm doing it.

Yeah, the Riders dodging argument has been kind of wanked imo. Just because you can sense something doesn’t mean you’ll automatically be able to dodge it. Case in point the hundreds of times Spider-Man has gotten his shit rocked despite seeing the attack coming via Spider Sense.

Back