• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A.K.A. I'm adding a new key lol

Hello Again!
My lovely scholars! It's good to see you again. With my self-imposed break over, I wanted to get back into my revisions. Don't worry; my Sonic Revision Series will be continuing soon. Until then...

Thanks to @Peptocoptr27 for bringing this up a few weeks back and being the reason for this thread. Now, let's get to it.

The Key
Within the Sonic 2 Mega Drive Koushiki Guide Book, specifically this page, it states Sonic is back with more power than last time. Power growth is nothing new narratively in this franchise, but this also calls for further indexing. And because Classic Sonic has only displayed the capacity to defeat the Death Egg Robot from Sonic 2 and onwards, I'm adding a key covering his Base for what's basically just applicable for him during Sonic 1 and CD.

In terms of ratings, he'll be Low 6-B (3.282265296367112839 Teratons) scaling from destroying the chains holding Little Planet. Additionally, his speed will scale to the Speed of Light by way of needing to move at sustained Lightspeed for the Time Posts in CD and being stated to have light-speed maneuvers as well (he also has a myriad of Relativistic+ feats from dodging laser technology created by Dr. Eggman to support this rating. Up to 69.493% SoL for Sonic dodging the Hotarus in the CD outro, and potentially up to 93.4% SoL with the Oil Ocean Boss). He'll be FTL in Reactions, with the Spin Dash or any speed-doubler (such as the Speed Shoes), and with Wisps and the like.
  • The primary reasoning for a partial speed downgrade is due to the fact that the main FTL feat that Vector does (>2x FTL) is from Knuckles' Chaotix, and the 7.785c feat Classic does happens in Generations + utilizes the Spin Dash (an accepted >4x multiplier).
Bonus
I had already made previous additions to Dr. Eggman's Eggperial City, but I did a second (and third and fourth) reading and have updated those additions slightly. Mainly noting the forced intangibility and the likes.

The Scaling/Pages Affected
Shouldn't be that many.
  • Metal Sonic (gets a new key)
  • Tails (He can likely scale from 9-B Badniks at worst, with "at most Low 6-B")
  • Dr. Eggman's Mechs/Bosses in 1 & CD
  • Any others I miss which may scale under context.
Neither Amy Rose nor Knuckles are affected, as their scaling relevance comes after Death Egg Robot scaling. Same goes for basically any other classic character.

Sooooo... Yeah! Let the discussion begin!

Staff Agreement:

Staff Neutral:

Staff Disagreement:

Last edited:
Lightspeed was reached & surpassed!?
fa2e56ca74b17e834b584cd82b19e1e20603afe5r1-1170-1367v2-hq.jpg

Anyway, agree with the OP

Back