• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 Requirements and Examples Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see "entire universal spacetime continuums" as being synonymous with "entire timelines". If the entire timeline isn't destroyed then it wouldn't be the entire spacetime continuum.
True, but the timeline wording is not used very often, so either definition should work in my view.

I'm not sure what is new since I last posted. But my initial thoughts are more or less the same since I first posted.

In addition to the above, I believe we need to reword the description for High 3-A. High 3-A would include destroying up to an infinite amount of pocket dimensions contained within 1 space-time continuum.

Destroying Universes of different space-time continuums but not explicitly entire timelines should still be Tier 2.

Last edited:
It seems like Firestorm, DDM, and Qawsed agree, while Eficiente and I (at least partially) disagree. We all agree that one or both of the pages should be changed, but not the exact ways in which they should.

Although, Firestorm heard Eficiente and I out without pointing out a host of problems. I'd expect this to reach a good compromise with more input.
From what I can tell from my old posts in the thread, the Tiering System page and the Big Bang page give different instructions on how to tier Big Bang feats, so we'd need to reword one of the pages to be correct, but there's disagreement over which page should be changed to fit with which.

I don't remember this having much to do with "infinite pocket dimensions" or "different space time continuums but not explicitly entire timelines".

It seems like Firestorm, DDM, and Qawsed agree, while Eficiente and I (at least partially) disagree. We all agree that one or both of the pages should be changed, but not the exact ways in which they should.

Although, Firestorm heard Eficiente and I out without pointing out a host of problems. I'd expect this to reach a good compromise with more input.
From what I can tell from my old posts in the thread, the Tiering System page and the Big Bang page give different instructions on how to tier Big Bang feats, so we'd need to reword one of the pages to be correct, but there's disagreement over which page should be changed to fit with which.

I don't remember this having much to do with "infinite pocket dimensions" or "different space time continuums but not explicitly entire timelines".
@DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality

Which option do you prefer?

I do not remember more than what I quoted above. Sorry.

Isn't the issue here that we need to make the two pages consistent with each other?

Isn't the issue here that we need to make the two pages consistent with each other?
Maybe give them the same definition for the big bang parts? IDK, not really that brushed up regarding feats in the Tier 3, Tier 2 realm here.

Anyway, can somebody write a summary of the discussion and conclusions here so far, so I can call more staff members, please?

I would also appreciate their help with this.

I would also like to confirm the following statement.

"By default we consider destruction encompassing multiple separate space-time continuums as Tier 2, as in order to breach dimensional barriers you’d have to be affecting space-time. This is why Beerus and Chamapa’s statement of being able to destroy 2 universes is considered Tier 2 despite space-time not being explicitly mentioned."

I would also like to confirm the following statement.

"By default we consider destruction encompassing multiple separate space-time continuums as Tier 2, as in order to breach dimensional barriers you’d have to be affecting space-time. This is why Beerus and Chamapa’s statement of being able to destroy 2 universes is considered Tier 2 despite space-time not being explicitly mentioned."
I heard that from a staff member, who referred me to AKM, who referred me to DT, who didn't respond to me asking.

The reasoning is definitely incorrect, but I can't quite tell if it's a common standard or not. I think I asked Ultima about a similar case around 2 and a half years ago, and I think he felt "At least 3-A, possibly 2-C" was appropriate in cases like that (but I could be misremembering and have come up with that rating myself). If it is a standard, it's not widespread enough to hit the pages I made based on that evaluation, such as God Above All.

To elaborate on why the reasoning is incorrect, such statements that don't mention space-time often don't actually establish the universes as being separate space-time continuums. There are many dirt-common ways that multiple "universes" can exist in the same space-time. There need be no dimensional barriers being breached.

Last edited:
I heard that from a staff member, who referred me to AKM, who referred me to DT, who didn't respond to me asking.

The reasoning is definitely incorrect, but I can't quite tell if it's a common standard or not. I think I asked Ultima about a similar case around 2 and a half years ago, and I think he felt "At least 3-A, possibly 2-C" was appropriate in cases like that (but I could be misremembering and have come up with that rating myself). If it is a standard, it's not widespread enough to hit the pages I made based on that evaluation, such as God Above All.

To elaborate on why the reasoning is incorrect, such statements that don't mention space-time often don't actually establish the universes as being separate space-time continuums. There are many dirt-common ways that multiple "universes" can exist in the same space-time. There need be no dimensional barriers being breached.
@Ultima_Reality @DontTalkDT @AKM sama

Do we classify parallel dimensions as different timelines?
I'm pretty sure we treat them as pocket realities, which we treat as likely part of the same timeline, unless they're universe-sized, in which case they're considered different timelines, and rated accordingly.

I will ask DontTalk and Ultima to comment here via private messages.

What exactly is the pending issue here?
Short versions are...
  1. The Big Bang page and the Tiering System page list different standards for which exact feats hit 3-A, High 3-A, and Low 2-C. These should be put in line with each other. People in this thread disagree on which way the pages should be changed.
  2. Whether destroying multiple universes (with zero additional context establishing them as separate space-time continuums) should be rated as 3-A, 2-C, or something like "3-A, possibly 2-C".

What exactly is the pending issue here?
Short versions are...
  1. The Big Bang page and the Tiering System page list different standards for which exact feats hit 3-A, High 3-A, and Low 2-C. These should be put in line with each other. People in this thread disagree on which way the pages should be changed.
  2. Whether destroying multiple universes (with zero additional context establishing them as separate space-time continuums) should be rated as 3-A, 2-C, or something like "3-A, possibly 2-C".
@DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality

We still need your help with this.

I will ask both of them to respond here in private.

Ultima's been on a burnout recently, I personally talked with him on Discord. DDM tells me DontTalk has also been under stress recently.

I honestly am in no position to help either. Root canal did a number on my teeth and now I am constant pain, taking painkillers and ruining my kidneys.

Would it be helpful to ask Elizhaa for comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back