• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Three Guardians vs. Molgera (Battle of the Weaker Zelda Bosses)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
During the beginning of his long reign 100 year reign of Hyrule Castle, Gano has taken control of the Guardians and has begun using them to hunt the Hylians. However, it is soon brought to his attention that several of the Guardians did not fall under his control, instead wandering aimlessly across the countryside and shooting at anything that comes near. Wanting to test his own powers, he creates a creature out of sand and orders it to give chase and destroy the rogue Guardians. Eventually, the Guardians land in a sand pit of the creature's creation, and soon the creature of Ganon appears to attack them within its home court. But which will walk away alive? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Molgera from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, and in the red corner, we have three Guardians from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Molgera
Guardian Artwork
-This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of the other's capabilities beforehand, and there is no prep time, aside from Molgera digging its pit to entrap the Guardian.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help, disregarding the number of Guardians to help each other.

-This battle takes place in the aforementioned sand pit that Molgera dug for itself, giving it the home-court advantage.

-Speed will not be equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Wind Temple Guardian: 0

Triple Guardian Trouble: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Note: If I got anything wrong about the early years of Calamity Ganon wrong, then I apologize, since I have not played Breath of the Wild yet, despite my earnest intentions to.

Yeah, it's mostly right.

Molgera has a pretty decisive AP advantage as it's able to fight WW Link while it took an entire army of guardians to defeat Pre-Calamity Link, who's weaker than WW!Link, which is really enough to make this fight a stomp. Guardians shouldn't have EE, but only the Ancient Arrows.

@Triforce So...are you voting Molgera, or are you calling stomp. I just wanna be sure.

It's stompish, but if the Guardian is stupid enough to get swallowed despite his long range tactics and manages to get several close-ranged hits to the tongue before he dies badly crushed by Molgera, or if Molgera doesn't try too hard to approach him and gets hit several times, I guess he does have a chance, but it's very slim compared to Molgera just nearly one-shotting him via just "sneak attacking" from under the ground or summons.

Eh, I've heard worse reasonings. I'll mark that as a vote and keep it going unless others cry stomp as well.

Maybe there should be multiple Guardians to make this more fair.

Three Guardians sounds fair enough to debate, as it becomes far harder to dodge their shots when there are multiple.

Alrighty then. Erased all progress made so far, and now there are three Guardians to deal with.

Now this debate can begin anew!

I am genuinely surprised we don't have a Molduga profile yet. It feels like it would make this battle much more fitting than some Guardians.

I can agree with that. But, until then, this is gonna have to do.

Back