• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thread Of The Unown

1. Provided scans and reference for all feats
2. Added a lot more context around the abilities he already had on his profile
3. Updated his feats with new ones from a recent episode
4. Added a couple of extra feats here and there

And......that's all there is

Add a little sound file for its beeps under the quote or I disagree 😡

Yup. Under duplication
Why not list the statistics those duplicates have? At the very least, its indicative of the Unown's own Reaction Speed, since they seemed to have the duplicates take action based on what the Unown perceived happening.

A power to index it as like energy manipulation or something it also allows unown to do damage of any type except normal in legends

Hidden Power definitely needs some elaboration, but how would we index it? The type depends on how the Unown's IVs. It can't have every type at once.

Hidden Power definitely needs some elaboration, but how would we index it? The type depends on how the Unown's IVs. It can't have every type at once.
In legends it changes based on super effective types we can probably at least say elemental manipulation and possibly energy manipulation based on some of the animations for the move

Energy Manip is obvious, but it can also be fire, ice, electricity, darkness, magic, water, etc manip. It has a LOT of extra abilities, but only one at a time (atop the energy manip).

Legends is the odd one out tbh, not sure how we treat cases like that.

Energy Manip is obvious, but it can also be fire, ice, electricity, darkness, magic, water, etc manip. It has a LOT of extra abilities, but only one at a time (atop the energy manip).

Legends is the odd one out tbh, not sure how we treat cases like that.
I am not sure I suppose the change is either a retcon or just how it worked in the past prior to something causing it to change since we assume perfect ivs it would always be dark

A power to index it as like energy manipulation or something it also allows unown to do damage of any type except normal in legends
Sadly, Decompositing means this'll be inapplicable to the Unown that has most of the other stuff, since that's from the anime & Hidden Power is from the games.

Sadly, Decompositing means this'll be inapplicable to the Unown that has most of the other stuff, since that's from the anime & Hidden Power is from the games.
I mean do we assume that the capabilities unown Arceus summons are different in each world but even then there is this

Gotta fix some of the text and stuff there, otherwise it looks good

then later we can discuss stats because i don’t think they should be unknown all around

The unknown rating
Ah yeah. IIRC, it's something like Arceus was implied to have used 1,000 of them to create stuff, so they scale to a 1,000th or a very small portion of that, which is technically 4D energy or something?
But that's the games. IDK what the creation stuff is in the anime.

& in the anime, there's when there was 5 of them;
When considering anime, they created "illusions" that matched Ash, Goh & Cynthia's Pokemon, so there's powerscaling of some kind for them to be had there, I'd say.

I was wondering if singular unown have any reasoning to at least scale to first stage pokemon

the group key should’ve have a varies since, well, that’s the whole gimmick, the more the better, if we count them as entities that cross scale through canon like the creation and lake trios, they could probably be “varies, low 2-C (creating realities in dreams and stuff) to 2-B, likely 2-A (used by arceus to recreate a member of the creation trio)

Is there dialogue in Legends: Arceus about Unown? Since they have ruins & such, maybe there's some NPCs who warn or assign related missions?

I mean the unown have their own dimension and can travel across dimensions they might be reasonable to cross scale

I'll update it once I get to my pc
Gen 5 pokedex entry does says
"When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge."

So, maybe no.
Not entire true judging by what a single Unown did(merging with and warping inside the mind of Larvitar) and they can fire red beams from their eyes

Reactions: Rez
Why not list the statistics those duplicates have? At the very least, its indicative of the Unown's own Reaction Speed, since they seemed to have the duplicates take action based on what the Unown perceived happening.
I was thinking a varies tier will be appropriate for the Unown.

#Unknown, Varies up to X with Subjective Reality (They don't possess raw power but they have been shown to consistently create beings equal to or even superior to experienced trainers). #

Even Arceus summoned them when creating the CT in the games. So maybe 2A?

I was wondering if singular unown have any reasoning to at least scale to first stage pokemon
the group key should’ve have a varies since, well, that’s the whole gimmick, the more the better, if we count them as entities that cross scale through canon like the creation and lake trios, they could probably be “varies, low 2-C (creating realities in dreams and stuff) to 2-B, likely 2-A (used by arceus to recreate a member of the creation trio)
Agree. We can discuss that here

I reverted it to Abstract Existence

Moving on, pages like this leaves me to believe he could be given a varies tier. I'm not entirely sure about the standards so i'll take it to qna

Back