• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Those Who Hunger: Shuma-Gorath vs Oroboros (Marvel Comics vs Honkai: Star Rail)

Brief plot:

So the Old Ones, looking for a reality ripe for plundering, come across the Honkaiverse, and upon discovering a weak point in the fabric of space-time begin their invasion.

Luckily, all the Honkaiverse's heroes, from both 3rd and Star Rail, manage to arrive to the focal points of the invasion in time to fight the initial invading groups, managing to slow the invasion to a halt despite the enemy's superior numbers, until the real heavy hitters of the Old Ones' forces begin pouring through. Just as when all hope seems lost, the Aeons show up and begin battling the strongest Old Ones, all of space-time warping around them as they battle across every dimensional plane imaginable. However, despite this once again turning into a stalemate, a chilling voice soon rings out across the void of space:

"Before all was, I was. Before time was, I waited. I fed on the screaming souls of the universes. I drank the spoiled milk of dead stars. I am the emptiness outside all understanding. I am Shuma-Gorath".

As the massive form of Shuma-Gorath enters space, one of the Aeons, Oroboros, chuckles and flies through space to begin a battle with the demon, her many mouths soon clashing with Shuma's tentacles.

Obviously, this is using the Low 1-A end of Oroboros's tier.

The Great Old One:

The Leviathan:

Inconclusive:

Shuma's advantages:

+ Far, far older and more experienced

+ Statistics Reduction

+ Should have a AP/durability advantage, as he scales far above people who scale to Baseline Low 1-A such as Dormammu and Nightmare

+ Is an absolute tank in terms of hax resistances.

+ Can possibly use Sealing on Oroboros.

+ Plenty of Immortalities that make him incredibly hard to put down.

+ Low-Tier Sorcery gives him a large arsenal of magic spells

+Magic's innate plot hax goes brr

Oroboros's advantages:

+ Is also a tank in terms of hax resistances.

+ Her Immortalities are even more busted than Shuma's

+ High-Godly Regen is busted.

So it seems that Shuma-Gorath and Oroboros are both such tanks that neither can kill the other, especially in Oroboro's case due to her HGR.

However, Shuma's superior power/durability (via scaling far above Baseline Low 1-A people), statistics absorption, and energy absorption should let him overpower Oroboros after a prolonged fight, and his arsenal of magic, his plot hax thanks to his basic magic, and his sealing would be the final nails in the coffin for the abstract embodiment of Voracity.

Voting Shuma-Gorath.

Last edited:
First refer as Aeons as THEY as thats listed on their profile
Now i can see that Oroboros has HDE advantage since shuma has high 1-B and oroboros has low 1-A
If shuma can get trough AE Type 1 NPE type 1 and all aspects ill vote him if no then ill lean towards oroboros (im not reading all marvel stuff since its long af 🔥🔥)

First refer as Aeons as THEY as thats listed on their profile
Now i can see that Oroboros has HDE advantage since shuma has high 1-B and oroboros has low 1-A
If shuma can get trough AE Type 1 NPE type 1 and all aspects ill vote him if no then ill lean towards oroboros (im not reading all marvel stuff since its long af 🔥🔥)
All magic in Marvel can affect AE1.

Also, Shuma happens to be like the only non-abstract character who has NPI that let's him interact with NEP Nature 1.

What about aspects?
Aspect don't really matter to NPI, it only allow to resist hax that aim at such aspect due to lacking the aspect. For example, lack soul allow immunity to soul hax, lack concept allow immunity to concept hax, but if the opponent have NEP NPI and decide to punch you then aspect is irrelevant

Aspect don't really matter to NPI, it only allow to resist hax that aim at such aspect due to lacking the aspect. For example, lack soul allow immunity to soul hax, lack concept allow immunity to concept hax, but if the opponent have NEP NPI and decide to punch you then aspect is irrelevant
Technically, NEP only protects from physical attacks due to Incorporeality being required for NEP, so yes, even if Shuma couldn't affect the aspects of mind, soul, information, concept, or otherwise, he could absolutely throttle Oroboros.

Shuma resists Type 1 concept hax, and Shuma is stronger than her.
In order to an Aeon to absorb another one, they don't need to be stronger, THEY just need to have a broader concept than the Aeon with the narrower concept to absorb because of their overlapping concepts, that is how Xipe the Harmony absorbed Ena the Order

In order to an Aeon to absorb another one, they don't need to be stronger, THEY just need to have a broader concept than the Aeon with the narrower concept to absorb because of their overlapping concepts, that is how Xipe the Harmony absorbed Ena the Order
Oh ok, the description for conceptual absorption for Aeons wasn't clear on that.

But yeah, Shuma resists concept hax (type 1).

But yeah, Shuma resists concept hax (type 1).
Same with Ena but she still got vored regardless.

Anyway voting Shuma, even assuming Shuma is lesser in the broadness of his concept, the concept isn't even in the same group as Oroboros (that's IX domain), Shuma just slowly whittle down Oroboros till he can seal them off.

Ehhh, I guess I will have to vote for Shuma then, he seems to have more haxxes and advantages, and even if Oroboros can somehow get out of Shuma's Sealing, it would take a similar amount of time as Tayzzyronth is having to get out of Qlipoth's ambers, meaning several dozens of thousands of years

Shuma also like...has more feats isnt it? Besides going by its description it basically embodies many concepts such as destruction,voracity,chaos and a touch of nihility which is actually broader than Oroboros.
Shuma FRA.

Back