• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Thor's Speed and Mjolnir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him

Mjolnir and Time

From the 86th issue of Journey Into Mystery, Mjolnir has the power to enter the fourth dimension. In the 102nd issue of the same comic, Thor uses Mjolnir to travel to the 23rd century, and it's explicitly stated by Thor he can move forward and backward in time by swinging it at the speed of light. In The Avengers issue 180, Mjolnir was able to bend the fabric of space and time to send the Monolith to the furthest reaches of their galaxy. In issue 393 of Thor, Mjolnir has the ability to go so fast it transcends the boundaries between space and time.

Scaling Thor to Mjolnir

Primarily, I believe Thor scales to Mjolnir mainly because of this scan, seeing as how he was able to throw it at speeds where it transcended the boundaries of space and time and catch it at said speed.

New speed statistic for Thor?

This is mostly just a theory, but I believe if Thor can both throw and catch Mjolnir which can enter the fourth dimension and transcend the boundaries of space and time thereby granting it Immeasurable speed, I believe Thor should also possess Immeasurable speed.

If this works, I think his new speed statistic should be something like:
Massively FTL+ when not holding back (Can regularly travel across the universe or between the Nine Realms without the aid of the Bifrost in a very short amount of time. The Nine Realms are shown to be separate universes, Crossed several lightyears nigh-instantly), Immeasurable with Mjolnir and by overexerting himself (Can swing Mjolnir so fast he moves forward and backward in time; can throw and catch Mjolnir at speeds where it transcends the boundaries between space and time)
If this doesn't work, then at the very least I suggest we leave out the "by overexerting himself" part and just give him Immeasurable with Mjolnir

Who here agrees with me?

Okay, not the additions I expected, but just as long as we're giving something to Thor's profile I can accept it.

I agree with DDM. I don't know about immeasurable speed since all he's doing is swinging it at the speed of light, but he is traveling in time as a result of that so time travel with Mjolnir is fine. If we want to give immeasurable simply for the fact that he can time travel, then it shouldn't scale to Thor's normal speed.

I agree with DDM. I don't know about immeasurable speed since all he's doing is swinging it at the speed of light, but he is traveling in time as a result of that so time travel with Mjolnir is fine. If we want to give immeasurable simply for the fact that he can time travel, then it shouldn't scale to Thor's normal speed.
So, can we still give Thor Immeasurable speed just by using Mjolnir?

From the 86th issue of Journey Into Mystery, Mjolnir has the power to enter the fourth dimension.
All u said from here.....
Up to here is suggesting he's able to time travel when Mjolnir is spinned at exactly twice Light Speed = 599,584,916m/s and isn't anything to award Immeasurable speed so that rating would be Time Travel/Time Manipulation🤷‍♀️(Capable of traveling through time via swinging Mjolnir two times the speed of light)
Yh... This would be Space Time Manipulation
In issue 393 of Thor, Mjolnir has the ability to go so fast it transcends the boundaries between space and time.
Haha this is the tricky one
The boundaries between space time can refer to the boundary between two Spatiotemporally isolated Universe/Dimension or whatever
I dunno the exact Context but from what is there he was transporting the building to another space time?
Anyways not still Immeasurable speed
That'll be BFR via his Manipulation previously stated

Up to here is suggesting he's able to time travel when Mjolnir is spinned at exactly twice Light Speed = 599,584,916m/s and isn't anything to award Immeasurable speed so that rating would be Time Travel/Time Manipulation🤷‍♀️(Capable of traveling through time via swinging Mjolnir two times the speed of light)
Well, he is missing Time Travel and Time Manipulation, after all, so I guess that should be added to his profile.
Yh... This would be Space Time Manipulation
Yeah, he doesn't have Spatial Manipulation, either. Maybe that should be added as well.

I agree with AKM and Medeus, but Immortus later removed Thor's time-travel ability, so it is not a current power.

See here:

I agree with AKM and Medeus, but Immortus later removed Thor's time-travel ability, so it is not a current power.
I was afraid somebody would mention that. I'm aware he lacks the Time Travel ability, but can it be listed as a former power?

Does Thor have any other former powers that we can list in an extra tabber in the powers and abilities section of his VSB wiki page?

You can check his Marvel wiki and Wikipedia pages for information about this if you wish.

Those abilities seem good to add to his regular resistances section. Thank you very much for helping out.

Immortality with these scans.
I don't think limited Immortality is a thing but u might aswell add these
HsYUZkxV6nlDLjhi3SqAcNVLHrD0yiXhUxT1vfw3HFslsSu_ZEGvpMTvatWvbb62eP-juG52KNeun2Jj0RmWaCucopk076wNhaGn_FroFrwkjHHRBcy0UjwQqbCUt31FWbp2UNKUrA=s1600

RfPY52MQq_9jQNEKwhwIABjXHYG046vT4WcjTaHO7N34VZLLzb3XKG0nmpRqUUdhZT0KaYJWhkpFJwvQZiDmrRkxhXQqZ8onAQzPSZDUmK-0au9IfoHOAXbeH3XlgTc2kCOVDNhPwA=s1600

Just found this thread lol.

Regarding the OP, yeah I'm not sure that that is Immeasurable speed, like what the others have said

If he doesn't have resistance to soul manipulation and telepathy, as well as type 2 immortality, listed, all of those abilities seem fine to add to his VSB wiki page, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back