• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I like complicated Matches, though from what I know it seems Thorgrim has a skill advantage so that should be taken into account too.

his ki sensing should help him VERY early on to let him know to hit him in the head
I mean he can read people feelings but i don't know if this is enough
Maybe if he hits close to the head and senses thor's fear he can figure it out

his ki sensing should help him VERY early on to let him know to hit him in the head
Not exactly from what I see
I mean he can read people feelings but i don't know if this is enough
Maybe if he hits close to the head and senses thor's fear he can figure it out
This is the same guy who got stabbed in the back with a super dura neg that actually killed him and all he pretty much thought was "God damn Skaven" after he fought against millions of skaven without even a doubt before and had ******* strangled another named skaven. Thorgrim is pretty Damn fearless.

Not exactly from what I see
Ki Sensing that can read intent, state of mind, predicting body movements, glare, emotional state, life force
None of this will be enough to let him know early on?

Well, if I dunno if Asta would even try to attack him in the head anyways. He won't try to kill him so he'll probably try to knock him out instead.. but either way I think attacking his armor a couple times should give off the notion that "this isn't working"

None of this will be enough to let him know early on?

Well, if I dunno if Asta would even try to attack him in the head anyways. He won't try to kill him so he'll probably try to knock him out instead.. but either way I think attacking his armor a couple times should give off the notion that "this isn't working"
Not exactly, cause Thorgrim starts on the Throne of Power IIRC

Most likely, which is what I'm relying on for this to not be a stomp

Okay so firstly to clarify for Thorgrim's AP, the 510 gigaton feat comes from an ultra casual feat as it's literally just a by-product of a Bloodthirster flapping their wings, let alone actually trying to kill someone, with Thorgrim, scaling to Ungrim Ironfist who is definitively superior to Daemonslayers, who are themselves comparable to Greater Daemons like Bloodthirsters (hence the name), adding onto this, he should scale to Sigvald the Magnificent who was able to one-shot a powerful Daemon Prince, who at the very least is slightly superior to Greater Daemons. So AP is probably moot.

When it comes to sensing stuff like fears or concerns, that's going to be pretty null when it comes to Throgrim, as not only has he never really felt afraid throughout his entire career even when threatened and in very dire circumstances, his Crown and it's runes completely remove his fears, only giving him complete and utter certainty in his actions as the High King of the Dwarfs. The Great Book of Grudges only reinforces this as probably the most Asta is gonna sense emotion-wise is unrelenting willpower and rage.

As for skill wise, Thorgrim scales in skill to Ungrim Ironfist and Gotrek Gurnisson, who are INSANELY skilled, being fully capable of bullying Bloodthirsters who are master combatants and have pretty strong analaytical prediction, information analysis and enhanced senses (ironically Witchsight is very similar to Asta's senses, detecting thoughts, predicting moves, sensing emotions and intentions etc etc) not to mention fighting people with actual precognition and still outskilling. Alongside this, scaling him back again to Sigvald, who is such a skilled sword fighter that he was able to literally dance through a gigantic army of Khornate Champions who are comparable stat wise and are master combatants in their own right, and just....shredding them with his sword to the point where not only could they not touch him....but their BLOOD didn't even manage to splatter on him at any point.

Thorgrim is also a fairly tactical fighter, knowing full well how strong his armour, usually redirecting attacks to it if he can't block or parry it outright, making it all the harder to actually strike somewhere that isn't armoured.

Back