• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thor has pretty fancy resistance
Thor does indeed have resistances, but Kratos hax can be broken in some areas. For example, Kratos can go invisible with the Head of Helios. He can apparently manipulate pocket realities, and can clone himself multiple times. Thor's resistances won't really help against Kratos's hax. His list of abilities aren't actually that large. He's really only resistant to Kratos's magic, time manipulation, and that's all he's really immune to, and those two are a microcosm of Kratos's hax. Nothing even states that he has power null resistance on his wiki, while Comp Kratos does indeed have power nullification. Kratos would most likely out-hax, and his resistances wouldn't exactly stop his hax.

Thor does indeed have resistances, but Kratos hax can be broken in some areas. For example, Kratos can go invisible with the Head of Helios.
Helmet of Hades, Head of Helios nulls invisibility.

He can apparently manipulate pocket realities, and can clone himself multiple times. Thor's resistances won't really help against Kratos's hax. His list of abilities aren't actually that large. He's really only resistant to Kratos's magic, time manipulation, and that's all he's really immune to, and those two are a microcosm of Kratos's hax. Nothing even states that he has power null resistance on his wiki, while Comp Kratos does indeed have power nullification. Kratos would most likely out-hax, and his resistances wouldn't exactly stop his hax.
I remember Thor missing some hax resistance but Kratos in turn has his own slew of hax yet to be added. So honestly, I'm unable to decide on a proper vote until then.

Helmet of Hades, Head of Helios nulls invisibility.

I remember Thor missing some hax resistance but Kratos in turn has his own slew of hax yet to be added. So honestly, I'm unable to decide on a proper vote until then.
Yeah, but if this Comp Kratos as Doggo seemed to imply, he'd also have those items and equipment.

Jesus ******* Christ I've made a monster.

Kratos has a solid answer for most of Thor's abilities except maybe Matter Manip and Reality Warping, and the fact that Thor has like, 1-2 universes worth of an advantage over Kratos (In Tier 2, even a difference of one universe leads to a one-shot due to the unquantifiability of the distance between two separate timelines by default), nevermind the fact that the 2-A Godblast still exists.

And now we have 4D hax shenanigans for Kratos. Does Thor have any feat of resisting 4D Soul Hax that also resist conceptual attacks?

Kratos has a solid answer for most of Thor's abilities except maybe Matter Manip and Reality Warping, and the fact that Thor has like, 1-2 universes worth of an advantage over Kratos (In Tier 2, even a difference of one universe leads to a one-shot due to the unquantifiability of the distance between two separate timelines by default), nevermind the fact that the 2-A Godblast still exists.

And now we have 4D hax shenanigans for Kratos. Does Thor have any feat of resisting 4D Soul Hax that also resist conceptual attacks?
Kratos has a reality warping resistance, to the Furies to be specific. So that could count.

thor has witstood mephisto trying to eat and destroy his soul while both where in hell before so yeah he does have 4D soul hax resistance

if ya can't find it on his resitance list its because its in that stupid innante-powers list at the near bottom of his page

"Soul Manipulation: Thor can resist assaults from Glory’s psychic maggots that eat away at his very soul and could withstand the totality of Glory’s power, including his soul attacks. Doctor Strange and Mephisto also commented that Thor has a mighty soul. Thor even resisted Mephisto's attempt to absorb his soul and forced out Loki's astral possession"

Mephisto has 4-D soul-hax? I will also mention that Kratos' hax comes bundled with concept-hax, mind destruction and luck destruction (whatever that entails).

Mephisto has 4-D soul-hax? I will also mention that Kratos' hax comes bundled with concept-hax, mind destruction and luck destruction (whatever that entails).
I mean yeah he controls a 2-C realm that exists beyond the basic 3-D universe and its space time which itself runs off of the souls he takes and he controls the entriety of said realm when in it which is where he tried to destroy thors soul and failed due to thor having a "might soul".
honestly if you go past the basic hearald tiers in marvel you can add a demsional tier on to the hax with guys like moderatly fed galactus and above.

as for concept hax I feel like his existance erasure stuff with the unbinding stone that was quite literally repeling laws of physics and universal principles(aka concepts) should count for something but we don't treat it as such so I suppose concept hax could do something here
mind destruction is unlikely to work because:
  • Mind Manipulation: Thor has resisted mind attacks from Moondragon. As a god, he also didn’t have his mind destroyed by Chaos King’s power, which could immediately destroy a mortal’s mind with a touch. He also resisted a wave of psychic toxins from Glory that permeated every level of his being: body, mind and spirit. He fought said attack and even continued his attack on Glory, while just speaking would take an effort to break most men or gods. Mind-tendrils attack from the maggots of The Other also affected Thor only momentarily before the God of Thunder recovered. The Hurricane of the Lustful in Mephisto's Hell also failed to influence Thor.
Chaos king is low 1-A btw so you can expect those hax to be rather potent since it pretty much lobotomized half the marvel multiverse, than glory a 2-C character himself being resisted, moondragon who has the mind stone was resisted which is 2-A level mind manip and over all thor should pretty easily nulify any mind destruction feats kratos can pull on him

as for luck destruction eeehhhh dono? what does it do? instill really bad luck? or what?

I mean yeah he controls a 2-C realm that exists beyond the basic 3-D universe and its space time which itself runs off of the souls he takes and he controls the entriety of said realm when in it which is where he tried to destroy thors soul and failed due to thor having a "might soul".
honestly if you go past the basic hearald tiers in marvel you can add a demsional tier on to the hax with guys like moderatly fed galactus and above.
That's not 4-dimensional soul-hax though. By that logic GoW Hades has it cause he embodies the Underworld. It's just controlling a 4-D realm that absorbs souls.
as for concept hax I feel like his existance erasure stuff with the unbinding stone that was quite literally repeling laws of physics and universal principles(aka concepts) should count for something but we don't treat it as such so I suppose concept hax could do something here
mind destruction is unlikely to work because:
  • Mind Manipulation: Thor has resisted mind attacks from Moondragon. As a god, he also didn’t have his mind destroyed by Chaos King’s power, which could immediately destroy a mortal’s mind with a touch. He also resisted a wave of psychic toxins from Glory that permeated every level of his being: body, mind and spirit. He fought said attack and even continued his attack on Glory, while just speaking would take an effort to break most men or gods. Mind-tendrils attack from the maggots of The Other also affected Thor only momentarily before the God of Thunder recovered. The Hurricane of the Lustful in Mephisto's Hell also failed to influence Thor.
Chaos king is low 1-A btw so you can expect those hax to be rather potent since it pretty much lobotomized half the marvel multiverse, than glory a 2-C character himself being resisted, moondragon who has the mind stone was resisted which is 2-A level mind manip and over all thor should pretty easily nulify any mind destruction feats kratos can pull on him
So, the mind portion is fine but his concept would still be absorbed and assimilated. That'd do him in pretty quick.
as for luck destruction eeehhhh dono? what does it do? instill really bad luck? or what?
Not elaborated as much.

That's not 4-dimensional soul-hax though. By that logic GoW Hades has it cause he embodies the Underworld. It's just controlling a 4-D realm that absorbs souls.
I mean if hades fully embodies the underworld and its soul aspects than that would be 4-D stuff
and plus mephisto has effected characters who are above 2-C like silver surfer and galactus(not fully in galactuses case cuse ya know force of nature) who themselves as above low 2_C beings should have 4D souls
So, the mind portion is fine but his concept would still be absorbed and assimilated. That'd do him in pretty quick.
does kratos even have that? and how in character is the concept absorbtion

Not elaborated as much.
than I suppose pretty much resisted than

I mean if hades fully embodies the underworld and its soul aspects than that would be 4-D stuff
and plus mephisto has effected characters who are above 2-C like silver surfer and galactus(not fully in galactuses case cuse ya know force of nature) who themselves as above low 2_C beings should have 4D souls
You have to actually be higher-dimensional in nature for it to give 4-D hax potency when affecting you. Just having Tier 2 physicals doesn't give that anymore than Goku resists all 3-D hax just by being Low 2-C.
does kratos even have that? and how in character is the concept absorbtion
He does as of a few days ago, check the profile. It's tied in with his soul shenanigans and those are very in-character.
than I suppose pretty much resisted than
I doubt that but like, Thor's not quite dying cause he no longer has luck so it really doesn't matter at all in this match.

thor has witstood mephisto trying to eat and destroy his soul while both where in hell before so yeah he does have 4D soul hax resistance
Shouldn't they be listed in his Resistance section instead of the Notable Attacks and Techniques list?

You have to actually be higher-dimensional in nature for it to give 4-D hax potency when affecting you. Just having Tier 2 physicals doesn't give that anymore than Goku resists all 3-D hax just by being Low 2-C.
aigh hold on
the surfer can exist in the Singularity (dimension before Big Bang) which predates time and space and could be argued to give surfer higher dimensional existance
we also have thor stating to be "beyond dimensions" but that isn't some outerversal scaling shit so not really beyond dimesnionsal existance but it does clearly show that he exists on a higher plane than just 3D which imply's that his true existance aka the soul/esence is at least 4D and plus the collectors universe exists in a tesaract which at bear minimum is a 4D structure so thor going on about his existance being beyond that also leads to at least 4D existance (not getting into runes or odin force that is a mess on its own).
this leads to the fact tharacters like hela and mephisto are capable of taking his soul but only under one condition that being he is already dead which would provide 4D level soul hax for mephisto and resitance for thor because while thor was fully alive and capable of fighting back he did resist mephisto trying to destroy his soul
He does as of a few days ago, check the profile. It's tied in with his soul shenanigans and those are very in-character.
I mean isn't it more incharacter to start with the blades of exale or athena and than later down the line go for the claws of hades?
I doubt that but like, Thor's not quite dying cause he no longer has luck so it really doesn't matter at all in this match.
unless ya got some actual feats of it being used it would go under statistics manipulation/reduction so yeah

I mean isn't it more incharacter to start with the blades of exale or athena and than later down the line go for the claws of hades?
Kratos can affect souls with his bare hands.

Kratos's in-character nature is to analyze enemies first and figure out the weirdest shit about them, then use the appropriate weapon at appropriate ranges.

aigh hold on
the surfer can exist in the Singularity (dimension before Big Bang) which predates time and space and could be argued to give surfer higher dimensional existance
Existing in a place that predates time and space doesn't give one higher-dimensional existence.
we also have thor stating to be "beyond dimensions" but that isn't some outerversal scaling shit so not really beyond dimesnionsal existance but it does clearly show that he exists on a higher plane than just 3D which imply's that his true existance aka the soul/esence is at least 4D (not getting into runes or odin force that is a mess on its own) and characters like hela and mephisto are capable of taking his soul but only under one condition that being he is already dead which would provide 4D level soul hax for mephisto and resitance for thor because while thor was fully alive and capable of fighting back he did resist mephisto trying to destroy his soul
And again, throwaway lines don't allow for higher tiering. As far as the current profiles go, Thor and his aspects are as 3-dimensional as anyone else.
Either or honestly. And he can do so with his bare hands too.
unless ya got some actual feats of it being used it would go under statistics manipulation/reduction so yeah
It's an aspect of the soul so every time souls are messed with in the series, it happens. My point was that it changes nothing about the match at all. As per Mimir's words, it's actually the luck an individual has.

Existing in a place that predates time and space doesn't give one higher-dimensional existence.

And again, throwaway lines don't allow for higher tiering. As far as the current profiles go, Thor and his aspects are as 3-dimensional as anyone else.
you still can't wave away the fact that he can precive a tesaract in its true nature and outright states his existance is beyond the basic material world it would be like me going around and claiming that half the stuff in the novels is just fluff and throw away lines not exactly fair play is it?

Either or honestly. And he can do so with his bare hands too.

It's an aspect of the soul so every time souls are messed with in the series, it happens. My point was that it changes nothing about the match at all. As per Mimir's words, it's actually the luck an individual has.
eh fair

you still can't wave away the fact that he can precive a tesaract in its true nature and outright states his existance is beyond the basic material world it would be like me going around and claiming that half the stuff in the novels is just fluff and throw away lines not exactly fair play is it?
Perceiving a tesseract isn't yourself being higher-dimensional. And I dunno what you hope to prove here seeing as none of the characters you mentioned are accepted to have it currently. It's not even a matter of if it's literal or not. It just doesn't give what you think it gives.

Tell ya what. Make a CRT for it and get that added and the match would continue. Since it seems to hinge a lot on something not on the profile.

eh questionable considering like 90% the cutscene's of god of war 3
Not really, Kratos is just really, really versatile, it just doesn't get shown much because the game likes to show visual feats of strength more. But the novels elaborate a lot more on that versatility and analysis, and he can easily analyze how supernatural enemies work as Lore and Legends shows.

Not really, Kratos is just really, really versatile, it just doesn't get shown much because the game likes to show visual feats of strength more. But he's a lot more calculating in the novels and can easily analyze how enemies work as Lore and Legends shows.
I mean about how to properly deal with the opponent thing cuse if thats the case he'dve just ran at zeus with the blade of olympus the moment he saw him instead of just standing there postulating and going on about how he will die by his hands and then you know taking a lightning bolt to the face(cutscene so no gameplay falacies) he lets his rage overtake him more than not, I mean if this is pre god of war 3 kratos than sure, god of war 3 kratos though? definitly not

Perceiving a tesseract isn't yourself being higher-dimensional. And I dunno what you hope to prove here seeing as none of the characters you mentioned are accepted to have it currently. It's not even a matter of if it's literal or not. It just doesn't give what you think it gives.

Tell ya what. Make a CRT for it and get that added and the match would continue. Since it seems to hinge a lot on something not on the profile.
I mean the concept hax is still there if kratos can effect the concept of thor and absorb it than he wins the soul hax is more a secondary thing that for kratos lies on the fact that he has 4D soul hax

and honestly yeah I will probably make a CRT about it because its weird that he doesn't have higher dimensional existance at least for the soul I mean him channeling his soul into the god blast gives him 2-A attack potency that is kinda insane not to have it for him

But anyway yeah how does kratos concept absorption work and is it relaint on anything in preticular?

I mean about how to properly deal with the opponent thing cuse if thats the case he'dve just ran at zeus with the blade of olympus the moment he saw him instead of just standing there postulating and going on about how he will die by his hands and then you know taking a lightning bolt to the face(cutscene so no gameplay falacies) he lets his rage overtake him more than not, I mean if this is pre god of war 3 kratos than sure, god of war 3 kratos though? definitly not
He tried that in GoW2, didn't work. Had to play possum.

Tried it again in GoW3. Didn't work. Fear Zeus clapped him.

Zeus is built different.

Also, Kratos isn't as rageful as you think, he explicitly offered an out to every single God who confronted him, he offered to spare them so long as they didn't obstruct him from killing Zeus, but seeing as their arrogance and defense for Zeus and their constant mocking and ridiculing of Kratos wouldn't allow them to, you can see how that ended. He also isn't gonna leave any loose ends behind if his victims could potentially stab him in the back later onwards.

He tried that in GoW2, didn't work. Had to play possum.

Tried it again in GoW3. Didn't work. Fear Zeus clapped him.
he didn't try that at the start of GoW 3 though he also doesn't go for clean kills with the gods seen eehhhhh.... well everywhere in GoW3
Zeus is built different.

Also, Kratos isn't as rageful as you think, he explicitly offered an out to every single God who confronted him, he offered to spare them so long as they didn't obstruct him from killing Zeus, but seeing as their arrogance and defense for Zeus and their constant mocking and ridiculing of Kratos wouldn't allow them to, you can see how that ended. He also isn't gonna leave any loose ends behind if his victims could potentially stab him in the back later onwards.
I mean herc and hera sure but he really went hard for posidon and hades no remourse just called them cowards and dared them to face him which ya know how THAT ended

Kratos isn't stupid, far from it, his combat experience is on the kind that makes even the Sisters of Fate and Athena shit their pants, causing them to shudder at the sight of what would happen if Kratos ever got a weapon powerful enough to kill Zeus, let alone the strength to kill Zeus.

That was a one shot.
Kratos couldn't even react to it. The bolt was so fast that he was caught like a deer in headlights.

That was a one shot.
Kratos couldn't even react to it. The bolt was so fast that he was caught like a deer in headlights.
yeah a one shot but he didn't really try anything untill zeus started floating he went on a whole ass monolauge about how nothing could stop him to then get slapped in the face, you got to admit that was pretty dumb of him

Back