• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoudCloud said:
What? Can you rephrase that?
It was as joke along the lines of 'obviously ki iks so much stronger than god power that it can't be absorbed', with a secondary joke of this other situation where thor is not trying to absorb energy at all clearly proves that he can't absorb energy'.

Thesworddancer said:
Strmi said:
Is this a fight or energy absorbing competion?
It's a fight that Thor wins easily if he is able to play defensive and absorb some of gokus energy beam attacks long enough for ss3 to wear off. I still say Thor wins even without that but it would be more difficult.
So what.Goku will just stand still and wait for Thor to absorb?

Goku has superior speed + IT.

Goku wins Thor can't absorb ki is faster and a full power kamehameha wave will one shot Thor also goku has also gotten stronger from the training not just he got ssj 3 multiplier and that is it.

So what.Goku will just stand still and wait for Thor to absorb?

Goku has superior speed + IT.

Goku as he stands now doesn't have Thor's AP except by extrapolating off Cell's statement which was a full power kamehameha.

Thor's durability/Ap is a solid 12x times above Cell's best, Goku's hypothetical best as a SSJ3 is 8x times assuming multipliers can be taken seriously.

It's unlikely that even a fully powered kamehameha is going to outright kill Thor, on the other hand Goku using a kamehameha like that would eat up his own stamina so fast any further attack is going to become weaker and weaker.

SSJ multipliers aren't used here because it has never been confirmed if it's just power level or all around stats and the way you used them doesn't take into account any training whats so ever.

snip
Kamehameha is mega telegraphed. Thor doesn't need to absorb random balls of energy, just having the hammer ready to absorb the big moves that take a few seconds to charge up is enough to give him a huge edge.

RadicalMrR said:
SSJ multipliers aren't used here because it has never been confirmed if it's just power level or all around stats and the way you used them doesn't take into account any training whats so ever.

Even less reason to believe Goku is close to Thor's AP then.

the 8x times figure comes from assuming SSJ1 Goku by the Buu saga is equal to SPC/Gohan, which is blatantly untrue considering the fact that Vegeta only points out that they have surpassed that level of power after becoming SSJ2 themselves.

RadicalMrR said:
Sounds to me like you are arguing goku out of even having that 8x multiplier.

Thor can absorb energy considered to be someone's "essence" or "spirit energy". Ki would fit into that description supposedly.
Lifeforce

@Thesworddancer And ... whats your point i'm not here to wank Goku or Thor i'm here to say what is confirmed and what isn't and SSJ multipliers are all over the place.

@LoudCloud No a Soul would how many time do I gotta tell you Thor has soul manipulation.

RadicalMrR said:
@Thesworddancer And ... whats your point i'm not here to wank Goku or Thor i'm here to say what is confirmed and what isn't and SSJ multipliers are all over the place.
@LoudCloud No a Soul would how many time do I gotta tell you Thor has soul manipulation.
If Goku's Ki is energy-based - Thor can manipulate it.

If Goku's Ki is soul-based - Thor can manipulate it.

Not true in the slightest. We don't have chi as it's own category here. Just like we don't have chakra, haki, reiatsu, aura, magic, etc. as it's own category.

"Ki is also known as "latent energy" or "fighting power." Which directly translates as "life force." This force is a tangible energy inside every living being, with its major focus being in the center of the body."

Yep, sounds like what Thor manipulates.

It is irrelevant, There is no reason why thor can't do the same to energy that is described to come from "life force, spirit, etc". Specially when those terms are interchangeable in fiction 99% of the time.

Is Verse equalized like Prom said or not?You guys keep switching whenever it's convenent so I want a clear answer.

In MARVEL Chi is treated as it's own thing,not soul,not energy and has it's own proprties very different from both.And I've haven't seen a panel so far of Chi absorbtion.

And in fact the panel I put up earlier still stands.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8e/59/39/8e5939e2cef5143ebd2194eda8cd596b.jpg

If they are treted the same then explain this.And don't say it's inconsistent because it's not because no where else has Thor ever absorbed Ki/Qhi.

Explain if Ragnarok was trying to absorb it in the first place.

You're trying to imply: Ragnarok getting hit by Iron Fist's Ki attack = Thor can't absorb Ki.

Yes because Ragnarock loves nothing for then eating s***.

That a good enough explanation or would you perfer a paragraph.

RadicalMrR said:
Yes because Ragnarock loves nothing for then eating s***.
That a good enough explanation or would you perfer a paragraph.
About Ragnarok: "...he wasn't anywhere near as powerful or as strong as the original Thor and only possessed a portion of his power and strength. While the real Thor was at the very least an equal to Hercules in hand-to-hand combat and clearly superior when using his hammer, Hercules defeated the Thor Clone and crushed his head with his own hammer "

Also, are you implying that if Thor gets hit by an energy attack, then that means he can't absorb it at all?

Alright. I'm going to add a serious opinion now. Sorry if this comes off as rude.

Firstly, quote from Marvel wiki:

Characters whose powers originate from the ability to manipulate the bodies bio-electric energy known as
Chi/Qi

Are we seriously trying to argue that a large building level character hurting a solar system level character via ki is consistent? Firstly, Powerscaling rules for Marvel and DC. Secondly, there's a crapton of different writers, there's a HUGE possibility that his writer didn't want that ability to be shown. So yes, PIS. Also, it's a punch. He can't absorb a punch. Has even Beerus been demonstrated to absorb a punch.We're not saying that Thor would absorb Goku's ki punches. Just the Kamehameha and the like.

Ok so you want the paragragh.

So in his first fight after being created he just staright kills someone,no atempt to talk,no trying restrain or incapacitate he got the job done no nonsense.Then in his fight with storm he destroyed part of wakanda again no retraint whats so ever and during all this he was smart and strategic enough to become a general and win entire battles.Now we have Iron Fist someone whos entire strengh is based of Ki and rather him absorbing it and making Iron Fist his **** and geting the job done he just decides "No,every other time I just vicously killed my oppenets,now despite having 0 motive to do so I will just sit here and take a hell of a beating because I refuse to absorb Qhi and nor shall I try."

Am I the only one that finds that improbable and doesn't make any sense at all?

Is that what your implaying?

I have shown Thor can't absorb Ki and have given you a panel and a paragraph aswell as some next level jokes while you have shown 0 evidence he can absorb Qhi (but if ever find thread saying Thor can't absorb energy or souls your the guy to prove them wrong) and so far your best reply has been "I refuse to belive it despite all the evidence" (It got a paragraph outgha my lazy ass so it's a pretty air tight argument)

RadicalMrR said:
So in his first fight after being created he just staright kills someone,no atempt to talk,no trying restrain or incapacitate he got the job done no nonsense.Then in his fight with storm he destroyed part of wakanda again no retraint whats so ever and during all this he was smart and strategic enough to become a general and win entire battles.Now we have Iron Fist someone whos entire strengh is based of Ki and rather him absorbing it and making Iron Fist his **** and geting the job done he just decides "No,every other time I just vicously killed my oppenets,now despite having 0 motive to do so I will just sit here and take a hell of a beating because I refuse to absorb Qhi and nor shall I try."

I have shown Thor can't absorb Ki and have given you a panel and a paragraph aswell as some next level jokes while you have shown 0 evidence he can absorb Qhi (but if ever find thread saying Thor can't absorb energy or souls your the guy to prove them wrong) and so far your best reply has been "I refuse to belive it despite all the evidence" (It got a paragraph outgha my lazy ass so it's a pretty air tight argument)
"All the evidence" - A single panel of a depowered clone of Thor which shows a major outlier of a Large Building level character hurting an at least Island level character. Briliant.

The problem is, it shouldn't have hurt him at all, as it's IRON FIST (high 8-C) vs THOR (4-B).

Let me give you an example of what you're saying, with ki, (in)consistencies, absorption, and showings.

Kirby can't inhale a kamehameha because he never aborbed ki before. Or else he would've absorbed the blast from that super saiyan monkey .

RadicalMrR said:

You showed ragnarok again ragnarok. Let me put it in caps and quotations so we get it across that dense brain "RAGNAROK" not thor. Hmm see the problem ragnarok the pretty much stale and Luke warm version of thor. Ya no show me thor because I only see ragnarok getting pummeled by a wall level iron fist. So let's get this straight your using straw man fallacy and refusing to accept that the pic you posted doesn't prove a thing but clear PIS. Yet you keep pushing Ragnarok can't absorb chi when we are talking about thor. The guy is far weaker than thor got torn by Hercules who thor can match blow for blow. Also interjecting your own interpretation of the image and assuming he can use all of Thor's abilities but yet he has never been shown to be his equal or near him. Yet when your correct that isn't thor you clearly don't care and keep saying it's thor.

You're basing your entire argument around a scan of a building level character, hurting someone who is at least star system level and expect us to belive this is anything but a showing of PIS?.

You also imply that a watered down copy of thor is ought to have all of his abilities when he doesn't even have the same level of power, then you go ahead and claim that, because he didn't use one of Thor's abilities, (that he might not even have in the first place) is evidence that the actual Thor can't make use of them.

You have proven nothing, sorry.

Go show us a panel of the real Thor actually atempting to absorb a chi blast and then failing to do so and maybe you'll have something resembling an argument.

At least High 8-C, likely higher via chi amplification

So you will ignore the second part of that.

Also where is your evidence all i've shown me is soul and energy and soul absorbtion/manipulation then claimed it was Qhi despite none of the characters you've shown me being in any way asociated with it.You've only started questioning mine after you realized Thor has not ever absorbed Qhi

Go on show me thor absorbing Qhi.

Just asked an admin. DB's chi falls under energy manipulation, and can be subjected to Thor's energy absorption due to verse equalization.

Also, likely higher doesn't even qualify a tier jump. Let alone thousands upon thousands of times stronger, minimum.

The real cal howard said:
Just asked an admin. DB's chi falls under energy manipulation, and can be subjected to Thor's energy absorption due to verse equalization.
Also, likely higher doesn't even qualify a tier jump. Let alone thousands upon thousands of times stronger, minimum.
Ok now Thor has my vote

RadicalMrR said:
No, everyone is quik to fault my argument but still haven't shown Thor do so
Yet your argument is baseless as water. You have yet to admit your grasping at straws. Than you expect some to disprove your argument when you gained no ground with it. Your argument is the equivalent since I'm the only one who brought something to the table I auto win even though it's PIS and I'm using ragnarok and telling people its thor. But yet we need to disprove your baseless argument.

RadicalMrR said:
At least High 8-C, likely higher via chi amplification
So you will ignore the second part of that.

Also where is your evidence all i've shown me is soul and energy and soul absorbtion/manipulation then claimed it was Qhi despite none of the characters you've shown me being in any way asociated with it.You've only started questioning mine after you realized Thor has not ever absorbed Qhi

Go on show me thor absorbing Qhi.
1. "Higher with Chi amplification"? What, all the way up to Raganrok's level? lol. Has Iron Fist ever gone that powerful? Nope, never.

2. Ragnarok not trying to absorb Iron Fist's Qhi and getting punched is not proof Thor can't do it. Especially since Thor doesn't always resort to it unless he feels the need.

3. Ki/Qhi is for all intents and purposes "life energy".

"Chi or Qi is the bio-electric energy that surrounds all life-forms." - Marvel wiki. It even gives a link that shows that bio-electric energy can take multiple forms in the marvel universe, not just chi/qhi.

"
Ki is also known as "latent energy" or "fighting power." Which directly translates as "life force." This force is a tangible energy inside every living being" - Dragon Ball wiki

We've already established Thor can absorb "life energy".

I don't know what people are so rield up about I just changed my vote to Thor after what cal said

It's aite.There were way over 7 people chewing my ass off in this thread so I think it's safe to say we can add this to Thor's wins

as i see it beacause of thor's feats and durability he has all the means he has to knock goku off the floor while goku needs to move up to a legit planet buster if he wants to scratch thor (by legit planet buster i meant like he was able to throw of a planet busting attack not just potency)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back