• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku is not only faster (combat speed) he can use instant transmission is combination with his power to give him the win.

SunWukong1986 said:
Seems like it, but what does it mean for Thor being "likely Solar System" level?
Means Thor has showings that put him there but he rarely ever does it as with other inconsistencies Marvel likes to sweep under the rug called "holding back".

Anyway, gonnna have to go with Thor here due to haxx, stamina and energy absorption that he can shoot out at twice (or was it thrice?) the original output. Iirc, Thor can also shoot in an omnidirectional manner from his body.

Update:

Thor - 6 (Sora'sOther, Promestein, The real cal howard, Fllflourine, AguilaR101, Gemmysaur)/ mostly hax and higher stamina

Goku - 7 (SunWukong1986, Anime444, AnimeFanboy2916, Strmi, RadicalMrR, God-King Superman77, The Living Tribunal1)/ mostly higher AP and speed

Stalemate - 3 (TheCompulsory, Byakushiki, Zensum)

Uncertain - 3 (CrossverseCrisis, AllanSaiyan, LoudCloud)

Hmm. Seems even, but leaning towards Thor because of what everyone has already said - his hax.

Well, that's a first. Lack of fanboys, especially given the combatants, is something I've never come across.

Goku is clearly gonna give thor a hard time,since he is noticably faster,and no slouch when it comes to hand to hand skills,but thor has thousands of years of practice and training and a very big versatility and stamina advantage.I think the fight would start with goku dealing more damage to thor than thor does to goku,thor will have a hard time landing direct hits,but he still has bunch of AOE attacks that he can catch goku with and defend himself,now this can go either way,with goku finishing off thor or thor surviving,the second seems more likely since thor is just as strong as goku himself and can quite hold his own,then thor starts unloading,as goku gets weaker and slower over time and thor starts landing more hits,eventually finishing off goku.Goku still stands a chance to finish thor in the initial exchange. But imo thor wins 6/10.

I'd rather we not put the overused and underutilized "thousand years of combat experience/practice/etc." since he doesn't need that long to learn how to swing an oversized hammer.

It usually only ever matters when his opponents don't have a proper melee fighting style (e.g. Hulk who only swings his fists at problems, if it doesn't solve it, swing it again; Silver Surfer who just shoots bolts and does cosmic stuff; Galactus who is just too big to use a proper fighting stance; etc.)

KazarianFahs said:
Goku is clearly gonna give thor a hard time,since he is noticably faster,and no slouch when it comes to hand to hand skills,but thor has thousands of years of practice and training and a very big versatility and stamina advantage.I think the fight would start with goku dealing more damage to thor than thor does to goku,thor will have a hard time landing direct hits,but he still has bunch of AOE attacks that he can catch goku with and defend himself,now this can go either way,with goku finishing off thor or thor surviving,the second seems more likely since thor is just as strong as goku himself and can quite hold his own,then thor starts unloading,as goku gets weaker and slower over time and thor starts landing more hits,eventually finishing off goku.Goku still stands a chance to finish thor in the initial exchange. But imo thor wins 6/10.
That fight would have to last very long,if you think Goku will tire out so that Thor can hit him.Because Goku in Buu saga is much much faster than Thor,who is what only MHS+?

And since Goku > SPC who is SS,that fight can't last that long anyway

Strmi said:
KazarianFahs said:
That fight would have to last very long,if you think Goku will tire out so that Thor can hit him.Because Goku in Buu saga is much much faster than Thor,who is what only MHS+?
And since Goku > SPC who is SS,that fight can't last that long anyway
Read the op, it say's "Use the high end of Thor's movement"

And i'm going say thor for the reasons above, goku tires out quickly in his ssj forms (espically ssj3) leaving thor open for him to use a hailstorm of mystical haxes on goku

not to mentioning there's also thor's warriors maddness as well.....

He doesn't need SSJ3 to be faster than Thor who is mhs+,his base is well ahead of that speed.SSJ2 because of less stamina would be ideal

OP said to use Thor's better speed (FTL+), not his standard (MHS+).

Also, don't double quote and please don't quote walls of text. It's annoying and it's a waste of space.

/rant

Gonna go with thor. He can play defensive with energy absorbtion and wait out the ss3 to wear off and leave goku exhausted, and then overpower goku in his weakned state and take him into space where he'll suffocate.

Might give this too the God of Thunder due to hax, Thor may even be able to absorb Goku's energy attacks, but Goku is faster, not to mention he could pull an Instant Transmission SSJ3 Kamehameha, but apparently Aguila said that Thor's AP is like a dozens times Super Perfect Cell's, Majin Vegeta again stated that Goku surpassed SSJ2 Gohan and Cell once he himself became a SSJ2, meaning Super Perfect Cell and SSJ2 Gohan>SSJ Goku (Buu Saga), lets say that SSJ Goku is 90% of Cell, making Goku At Least High 4-C in the Buu Arc as SSJ, while SSJ2 is 2x SSJ, thus making Buu Saga SSJ2 Goku like 1.8x SSJ2 Gohan and Cell, SSJ3 is 4x SSJ2, so that would make SSJ3 Goku like 7.2x Cell, so conclusion

Base Thor: 12.33x Super Perfect Cell

SSJ3 Goku: 7.2x Super Perfect Cell

So, just like everyone else, I'm going to give the edge to Thor, but Goku is going to give him quite a tough fight, especially if he lands an Instant Transmission Kamehameha, so I'd say Thor 6/10

You are making alot of assumptions and we have no idea how big a boost SSJ multipliers give and the big thing is we can't assume life energy = energy

one is made of atoms and the other is made out of courage and spirit.

RadicalMrR said:
You are making alot of assumptions and we have no idea how big a boost SSJ multipliers give and the big thing is we can't assume life energy = energy
one is made of atoms and the other is made out of courage and spirit.
Energy is actually made of photons. But that's in real life. "Energy" in fiction can be made of anything whether it's plasma, magic, photons, the human spirit, pure concentrated PIS etc. so arguing whether or not it's the same type is kinda meaningless. Not to mention it would take away a lot of Beerus' wins on this wiki for his energy manipulation hax since it would make that hax questionable..

I'm just saying has Thor absorebed any of this type of energy?If so then yes he can absorb Goku's but if not then it is only limited to the type he has absorbed.

Beerus has Ki manipulation along with every DB character here not energy.Plus i'm fairly sure all of his 2 wins were only because of speed and nothing else.

The OP did not say the versus were equalized so you can't assume that.And even if they were it is made very clear in marvel that Ki is not regular energy.If you don't belive me look at Iron fist's profile it clearly says Qhi which is what Goku would have if they were equalized not energy.

Verses are equalized due to standard battle assumptions.

RadicalMrR said:
I'm just saying has Thor absorebed any of this type of energy?If so then yes he can absorb Goku's but if not then it is only limited to the type he has absorbed.
Thor has outright absorbed lifeforce out of his opponents and cosmic energy which is more complex than what ki has shown to do, there is no reason to believe he couldn't do it here.

Oh well then, he now has Qhi not Ki . . . man I don't know he's gonna fair without the K

I'm sorry for the sarcastic joke but it was to good to miss

It's standard to make some effort to allow each characters abilities to work against each other as they would in their own universes, otherwise molst battles would be pointless conversations of why x characters specific resistance to magic doesn't work against y characters spells because the author of y characters universe called their magic 'witchcraft' instead of magic or something else equally hair splitting.

Again even in Marvel energy is some thing completely diferent then Chi(which is what characters like Iron fist use) and in this battle it's one of the key determiners of who wins.

Thor has absorbed various different energies before (cosmic, the energy of multiple gods via Glory, the planet's gravitational force, etc.), and considering chi is some sort of spiritual energy, who he is no stranger to considering he shoots his own spiritual energy out as something called 'God Blast', I don't see why he can't absorb it even without "Verse Equalization".

Various different kinds of energies=/= Iron Fist's Qhi

God Blast from Thor but still has shown no indication that it's Chi or that he has any ability that he can do anything to Ki (Superman can still shot a blast from his body doesn't mean it's Ki/Qhi)

Verse equalization = Goku having Marvel's version of Chi instead of Dragon ball Ki and that still means you gotta show Thor using this power against a Chi user instead.

Saying Thor can absorb Qhi because hes absorbed various other types of energy is like saying Humans can drink lava and live because it's a liquid and Humans can live after drinking other types of liquids.

RadicalMrR said:
Various different kinds of energies=/= Iron Fist's Qhi
God Blast from Thor but still has shown no indication that it's Chi or that he has any ability that he can do anything to Ki (Superman can still shot a blast from his body doesn't mean it's Ki/Qhi)

Verse equalization = Goku having Marvel's version of Chi instead of Dragon ball Ki and that still means you gotta show Thor using this power against a Chi user instead.

Saying Thor can absorb Qhi because hes absorbed various other types of energy is like saying Humans can drink lava and live because it's a liquid and Humans can live after drinking other types of liquids.
You're trying to say that Qhi is infinitely more dangerous than any of the energies thor has ever absorbed? Because that is what comparing water to lava is like.

RadicalMrR said:
No i'm saying it's different and should be treted as such and the image above proves it
It's not like thor's energy absorption is a passive thing that just happens like a fire elemental absorbing fire attacks. It's an active thing that he has to do, and I'm guessing it has to be done quickly with the right technique and timing.

Showing a picture that one time a Thor (no proof that its the thor in question mind you, especailly with how comics are) was punched by someone who was using a specific type of energy doesn't prove anything about thors ability to absorb the energy if thor had reacted in time with the absorbing technique in question. Even then, not using it doesn't prove that he couldn't have used it. Plot induced stupidity has always gotten in the way of characters using their most efficient means to end fights, all for the sake of entertainment. Otherwise superman would just eye laser everyone and cut off their legs or something.

Strmi said:
Is this a fight or energy absorbing competion?
It's a fight that Thor wins easily if he is able to play defensive and absorb some of gokus energy beam attacks long enough for ss3 to wear off. I still say Thor wins even without that but it would be more difficult.

LoudCloud said:
RadicalMrR said:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8e/59/39/8e5939e2cef5143ebd2194eda8cd596b.jpgMa Thor sure seems to love the fact that he can absorb Qhi so that it can't hurt him . . .
OH WAIT HE CAN'T
Meanwhile, in a canon comic that doesn't rely on PIS to have Iron Fist hurt Thor...

Thorabsorb
Man, Kang sure seems to loves the way Thor can't absorb his life enegy...

OH WAIT HE CAN!
Hey now, showing that mthor can use his hammer to absorb god levels of energy doesn't prove anything! Look at that other comic where thor isn't even holding his hammer and instead is getting punched in the face! That has everything to do with the amazing beyond godlike power of ki and nothing to do with being a physical attack that is enhanced by ki instead of a oure energy beam that can be absorbed into the hammer!

Don't multi-quote guys. If you want to quote a long-ass post, change what's written in it to something short. I personally replace it with ~Snip to signify that the post I am quoting and replying to is a wall of text and/or a picture.

Regarding Thor absorbing ki, he should be able to do it, just not against Fist. It's not like Iron Fist a significant threat to him that he'd have to. But still, he should be able to. He's absorbed far so many energies over the years for him to suddenly not be able to.

Also, the pic of Fist fisting Thor, iirc that's Ragnarok, the Thor clone.

Zeno is DB character that uses Ki and he has the power to destroy the DB multiverse with Ki.

So yeah Ki is as strong as the user even with verse equalized this applies.

Nice pic but I still don't see any mention of Ki/Qhi.And yes Mjolinir has soul manipulation so yeah he took Kang Soul not Ki.Which again are treted differently even with verse equalized.

Ragnarock has all of Thor's knowledge and powers.

Both Thor and Iron Fist amazingly have the same speed so, Yes if Thor COULD absorb Qhi he would have.Plus this was Ragnarock who doesn't F*** around so it makes zero sense for him to just let that happen.

And that whole "It's an obscure comic" is terrible argument since I can do the same with the comic you showed me.

And in Iron fist's case it's a very uniqur type of Qhi that only the Iron fist has and Goku would have this Unique type of Qhi as well if you don't belive me here is what it does

Here is what Iron fist has to do to get his power

and I honestley don't think Kang beat that drago

Chi Augmentatio: Through concentration, Rand can harness his mystical chi to augment his physical and mental capabilities to superhuman levels

And in Dragon Ball it was made abondently clear that Ki also if you don't belive me then cheak this wiki itself here is what it says:
Ki manipulation for defensive (can use his ki to enhance his natural durability and harden his skin to the extent he's able to block sword attacks from a fellow Super Saiya-jin with only his finger) and offensive

If that doesn't sound like Iron Fists Unique type of Ki I really don't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back