• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Finally someone using Cat Noir instead of just Cat Blanc

Thor scales to 231 Kilotons by scaling to the explosion of Sokovia

Cat Noir scales to Mr. Pigeon in the New York Special, who did a 151 Kilotons feat

Thor should also be more skilled than Cat Noir at least with weapons, but Cat Noir has the LS advantage (Class G VS Class M)

However, a lot of Thor's powers need Mjolnir to use them, while Cat Noir doesn't need his weapon to use his Cataclysm

Cat Noir would instantly win if he manages to Cataclysm, so he might be able to win if he manages to tag Thor, which I'm not sure how skilled Thor is with CQC

Leaning toward Cat Noir, but I'll wait for more arguments

On one hand, infinitely extending staff aside, I do wonder if Thor's flight abilities could be trouble for Cat Noir.
I forget which villains have given Cat Noir trouble & how, but I know some for sure have.

That said, I do wonder if this wouldn't be similar to Cat Noir's area of expertise; Almost always when he & Ladybug fight, it's against Akumas, & usually, getting rid of the Akumatized object is how they win.
& Thor gets the majority of his powers, & uses as his main weapon, his hammer. Which, like a lot of Akuma items, has significance to him, even if he might not make that evident to Cat Noir. ....MCU Thor isn't the type to ramble about how special his hammer is to him in the middle of a fight, right?

Anyway, I don't remember how good Cat Noir's track record for identifying Akuma objects is (Realizing the significance of Mjolnir to Thor probably requires similar skills.), but if it's good enough, he might come to the conclusion he needs to Cataclysm Thor's Hammer, Mjolnir.
Especially if he has any qualms against killing. Sure, SBA says "willing to kill", but that means if necessary; I don't think murder is something Cat Noir likes picking as a first resort.

I guess I will voting Cat Noir fir now

Where Thor is in fact more skilled and exprinced, Cat Noir is skilled in his own right, can makes a forcefield with his staff, have better lifting strength and have a far better stamina. Thor have the AP advantage but it isn't that big

Cat Noir best chance here is to use his cataclysme in Mjolnir. That will makes Thor lose most of his abilites (Flight and Weather Manipulation). Thor use most of his things with his hammer, a thing that will make Cat Noir thinking that the hammer might be the akumatized object and try to destroy it (as it is something happen often for the akumatised villain to have the akuma as his weapon and honnestly there isn't many choices for where the akuma might be, other than the hammer there is only his cape?)

To add more, Thor is simailr in a way to Stormy Weather, both of them flight, manipulate the weather and shoot lighting which will mean that Cat Noir had deal with a simailir oppoenet before

It was a long time since I watch any of thor movies so I might miss something? Anyway for now I will go for Cat Noir due to his Cataclysme (that mostly will be in Mjolnir), stamina advntage, Lifting strength advatage and the fact that Thor will lose all his abilites and get weker without Mjolnir

Also Cat Noir FRA.

If he lands a Cataclysm on either Mjolnir or Thor himself, then he'll win since in the first scenario, Thor would be pretty much crippled (since he's not awakened and relies on the hammer for his abilities), allowing Cat Noir to easily beat him, and even if he would transform back into Adrien, he will hide first and transform again, this time with Cataclysm to finish Thor

In the second scenario, Thor dies because no resistance to deconstruction and corrosion

Although it is true that without the hammer, thor loses much of his hax, he does not lose AP (in thor 1 it was due to Odin, who weakened him on purpose), noticing that he lost his hammer will take Cat seriously, also as cat noir he will take care of thor when he sees that there is no akuma and he only has 5 minutes left.

Although it is true that without the hammer, thor loses much of his hax, he does not lose AP (in thor 1 it was due to Odin, who weakened him on purpose), noticing that he lost his hammer will take Cat seriously, also as cat noir he will take care of thor when he sees that there is no akuma and he only has 5 minutes left.
Yes, but aside of AP, he'll have none of his abilities (such as flight and shooting lightning bolts), and Cat Noir will outrange him with his staff

Yes, but aside of AP, he'll have none of his abilities (such as flight and shooting lightning bolts), and Cat Noir will outrange him with his staff
I feel it should be mentioned that Cat Noir will have around 5 minutes before he reverts back, after using his Cataclysm.
But other than an infrequently occurring alarm beeping from his ring, I doubt there'll be much that will make Thor know about this. So I doubt Thor would try to stall 5 minutes.
But can Cat Noir defeat a hammer-less Thor in 5 minutes?

If not, what options does he have to get to some place to safely feed Plagg some cheese (He does have some on hand, right?) & then transform back?

How could Cat Noir hide when he needs to feed Plagg? Can Hammer-less Thor jump good or such?

I feel it should be mentioned that Cat Noir will have around 5 minutes before he reverts back, after using his Cataclysm.
But other than an infrequently occurring alarm beeping from his ring, I doubt there'll be much that will make Thor know about this. So I doubt Thor would try to stall 5 minutes.
But can Cat Noir defeat a hammer-less Thor in 5 minutes?

If not, what options does he have to get to some place to safely feed Plagg some cheese (He does have some on hand, right?) & then transform back?

How could Cat Noir hide when he needs to feed Plagg? Can Hammer-less Thor jump good or such?
Adrien can hide somewhere, feed Plagg and transform back. These actions takes few seconds at most

Besides, they already did stuff like this in Antibug where Ladybug ran to detransform when facing her

Adrien can hide somewhere, feed Plagg and transform back. These actions takes few seconds at most
A few seconds in a speed equalized match against an opponent after him specifically, who's probably reasonably intelligent enough to be able follow him, no?
Besides, they already did stuff like this in Antibug where Ladybug ran to detransform when facing her
I'm sorry to say that I don't remember the events of that episode. Wasn't Ladybug still Transformed at the time that Cat Noir did that, though? (& wasn't Ladybug more the focus of Antibug's wrath?)

I don't doubt Cat Noir would want to try to find time for this, but given the characters & circumstances & environment involved in this, what can he do to ensure he can safely recharge his Kwami?
You can't easily gain distance in Speed Equalized, & a few seconds of being untransformed to get some cheese out of his pocket, offer it to Plagg, & let him eat is enough time for a presumably (relative to his untransformed self.) much stronger Thor to one-shot him, no?
Hence my concern what means he has to make that safer.

....What are Hammerless Thor's tactics?

'course, there is also the possibility that Cat Noir beats Thor within 5 minutes, without having to de-transform.

A few seconds in a speed equalized match against an opponent after him specifically, who's probably reasonably intelligent enough to be able follow him, no?
Without Mjolnir, Thor would have a much harder time following him since he can't fly or use many of his abilities.

Cat Noir can hide somewhere for a few seconds and transform again

Without Mjolnir, Thor would have a much harder time following him since he can't fly or use many of his abilities.

Cat Noir can hide somewhere for a few seconds and transform again
Brings me back to a previous question: Does Hammerless Thor have any good mobility? Jump good? Climbing skills?

If not, yeah, I could see Cat Noir being able to escape Thor's detection by pole-vaulting over a building or something.

I'm pretty sure Cat Noir will be superior to Thor in terms of mobility if he loses his hammer, as he needs it for many of his mobility actions, so yeah, I can definitely see Cat Noir escaping from him to safely detransform and retransform

Given what's been discussed, I think Cat Noir could probably get an opportunity to recharge against Thor, especially if he ends up Hammerless.

Thor has the AP advantage, unsure if he still does if his hammer is destroyed, but the possibility of him accidentally getting killed by Cataclysm (Though, IIRC, isn't Cat Noir normally good at being cautious to prevent such accidents?) as opposed to Mjolnir, is still there.

Whether it's him or his hammer, in either case, Cat Noir should probably have a chance.

So what about before then? Thor has Flight, & might have the sense to avoid a glowing/bubbling black hand that started after the user said "Cataclysm". Cat Noir may have experience fighting characters like him, but Thor still has Flight, & he kinda has projectiles, no? & Thor is skilled in his own right.

Though, Cat Noir has better LS & Stamina, so that might catch Thor off guard & give an opportunity.

I seriously doubt Cat Noir would just instantly assume that Thor is an Akumatized Villain. Sure, Akumatized villains are the everyday thing for Cat Noir, but in Miraculous it's blatantly implied during NY that there's way more villains (let alone heroes, which are all over New York at every field) than just Hawk Moth and Mayura and their Akuma and Amok outbreaks. Hawk Moth and Mayura are just the only villains in Paris. Moresto, there is a Thor-like superhero operating in Miraculous' world. The fact that SBA makes the battle take place on, out of all places, New York would mean that Cat Noir should consider that he might not be facing a product of Hawk Moth's powers.

That said, whereas I do agree that Cat Noir cataclysm someone out of the blue would be OoC, he's clearly capable of doing so if given the chance. He wanted to do so with Sole Crusher and was only stopped because Ladybug was worried because she didn’t know how could that affect Zoé, as well as willing to Cataclysm Timebreaker if she attempted to take off his ring.

Don’t have major opinions on the matter other than that, honestly. I'd like to see how this goes on.

Edit: Ladybug appears and lifts Mjolnir.

Thor throws Mjolnir and Cat thinks it's an Akuma. Cat uses Cataclysm on Mjolnir and takes away Thor's lightning. Thor still has thousands of years of CQC experience and combat prowess. Cat will turn into a teenage boy in 5 minutes.

Insert Curb Your Enthusiasm here.

Thor throws Mjolnir and Cat thinks it's an Akuma. Cat uses Cataclysm on Mjolnir and takes away Thor's lightning.
Not likely. The OP didn't specify a location, so per SBA, they're in Central Park, New York. Ladybug & Cat Noir have been to New York & know, or are at least very sure Hawk Moth sticks to Paris.
Ergo, Cat Noir would be unlikely to think Thor's an Akumatized person. (Also, an inanimate object wouldn't be an Akuma, but an Akumatized object; An Akuma proper is the butterfly that induces the transformation on contact.)
Thor still has thousands of years of CQC experience and combat prowess. Cat will turn into a teenage boy in 5 minutes.
But, okay, for the sake of argument, let's say Thor does end up hammerless?

1. At their speeds, 5 minutes is plenty of time, & even if it isn't....
2. Cat Noir has better Lifting Strength; Class G to Thor's Class M.
3. Cat Noir has better Stamina.
4. Due to having a staff that can extend (& retract) seemingly without end, Cat Noir has the range advantage in melee.
5. Cat Noir is not unskilled himself, due to having fought a variety of villains, being skilled not only with his staff, but having been trained in fencing, & although it lacks a justification, his profile also claims him as being a skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
6. Thor's profile claims him as a Master Acrobat, but this also lacks a justification. But from what I've seen, Cat Noir is a very more skilled acrobat; In the absence of feats, I'd assume Cat Noir is better here.
7. Even if he does need more than 5 minutes, having better LS (Ex: To throw Thor off if Thor tries to restrain him.) & being able to just leap onto or over buildings (Presuming he has the better acrobatics.) means he could very qucikly find cover to de-transform, & feed Plagg to recharge; It's not like Adrien will be caught off-guard due to his ring warning him, & I'm unsure Thor will recognize his opponent untransformed, even if he does somehow find an opponent actively trying to hide from him.
Ergo, Adrien probably would have time to recharge, since all it requires is him feeding cheese -Which he is actually shown to carry on him- to Plagg.

Thor only has the advantage in AP (By an amount I'm unclear on.) & how much experience he has; Has Thor been trained in any martial arts or fighting styles like Adrien has? Is he so skilled/trained without his hammer?

Put briefly, I don't think hammerless Thor can win in CQC, & if Adrien needs to buy time to detransform, he has the means to, regardless of if Thor is a good tracker or not.

Not likely. The OP didn't specify a location, so per SBA, they're in Central Park, New York. Ladybug & Cat Noir have been to New York & know, or are at least very sure Hawk Moth sticks to Paris.
Ergo, Cat Noir would be unlikely to think Thor's an Akumatized person. (Also, an inanimate object wouldn't be an Akuma, but an Akumatized object; An Akuma proper is the butterfly that induces the transformation on contact.)
This only hurts your argument. Because if Cat doesn't destroy Mjolnir, he will be at a severe disadvantage.

Mjolnir will always return to Thor's hand, unlike Cat's staff, and Thor can fly with it.

But, okay, for the sake of argument, let's say Thor does end up hammerless?
1. Speed is equalized. This point is moot. 5 minutes to them even at their speeds would not take away the imminent danger of transforming back into a civilian from Cat.

2. This is fine for the first 10 seconds when it matters before Thor realises this and doesn't go for grappling.

3. Moot. Cat still only has 5 minutes.

4. Fair. But Thor can still grab the staff and slam Cat into the ground. Cat may have the greater LS, but he still weighs as much as a teenager.

5. Thor has thousands of years of experience fighting vastly stranger foes than Cat. Also, he fought Hulk, who did nothing but fight and train for 2 years straight.

6. Cat is the better acrobat, but jumping around won't win him this fight.

7. Jumping onto buildings is the bare minimum Thor can do. This is disregarding the fact that Thor can just ram through buildings.

This only hurts your argument. Because if Cat doesn't destroy Mjolnir, he will be at a severe disadvantage.
Because why? Thor is still in danger if he goes for CQC with Cataclysm up. & Thor doesn't seem the sort to evade & spam range, & Cat Noir would probably attempt to close the distance anyway.
Mjolnir will always return to Thor's hand, unlike Cat's staff, and Thor can fly with it.
Cat Noir having higher Lifting Strength says Thor grabs Cat Noir's Staff, & Cat Noir swings Thor to the ground with him on it (He's the one holding it to begin with.). Not to mention, Cat Noir getting on his staff while it extends as a means of travel is not uncommon; If Thor tried to fly away with it, Cat Noir could just have it keep extending, or retract it out of Thor's hands.
1. Speed is equalized. This point is moot. 5 minutes to them even at their speeds would not take away the imminent danger of transforming back into a civilian from Cat.
(Ignoring that there's almost certainly time in the fight before Cat Noir uses his Cataclysm....) I don't understand your point here.
The slowest travel speed in this is Thor's 29.53 m/s
The slowest reaction speed is reacting to an Akuma, for which a relevant calc placed them at 611.229166667 m/s (Though, I have my issues with this basis of scaling.)
For the specific keys involved, the combat speeds listed are:
Thor: Massively Hypersonic combat & reaction speed
Cat Noir: Hypersonic with FTL combat and reaction speed.

So I'm a little confused; Which of those speeds being equalized to makes 5 minutes a small amount of time, & why? Even using that Travel Speed for their Combat Speed, I'd assume they'd probably be trading several blows a second, at least.
2. This is fine for the first 10 seconds when it matters before Thor realises this and doesn't go for grappling.
& what does Thor do then? Then it's melee, & we've discussed how this goes; Thor unknowingly at risk (He can probably tell the hand is dangerous, but not necessarily what it does.) of death or near to it if he touches Cat's Cataclysm hand -if that happens then- & if Cat Noir DOESN'T use Cataclysm, he has the Stamina advantage. Not to mention the range advantage due to a staff vs a hammer, the former of which can extend.
3. Moot. Cat still only has 5 minutes.
5 minutes AFTER using Cataclysm, whenever that is. Until then, Thor's advantages via still having Mjolnir are what, flight & electricity manipulation? Abusing those to stay out of range doesn't seem IC for him. & that's assuming Cat Noir doesn't just dodge or block with his staff to deal with Mjolnir at range; Fighting unusual opponents is normal for him.
4. Fair. But Thor can still grab the staff and slam Cat into the ground. Cat may have the greater LS, but he still weighs as much as a teenager.
Even if Cat Noir couldn't use his leverage to overturn this -Higher LS & he's the one holding it in the first place- Acrobatics, Cat Noir regularly using his staffs for flips, pole-vaults, hanging/clinging or hanging on it.... Not to mention, he's trained in fencing, so I doubt Thor would have an easy time grabbing it anyway.
5. Thor has thousands of years of experience fighting vastly stranger foes than Cat. Also, he fought Hulk, who did nothing but fight and train for 2 years straight.
Yes, but fighting opponents who are stronger doesn't mean you are a more skilled fighter. That experience could be of him having the statistical advantage, or the stamina advantage, etc.
Without knowing the details of how & what he fought, it doesn't tell us much, & how is that reflected in his fighting style anyway?
& does Thor have or show any proper weapon training?
6. Cat is the better acrobat, but jumping around won't win him this fight.
I'd imagine maneuverability is valuable in a fight, even with speed equalization. Being able to dodge, especially if you have to do so at odd angles, or being able to jump onto or above nearby fixtures, etc.
7. Jumping onto buildings is the bare minimum Thor can do. This is disregarding the fact that Thor can just ram through buildings.
Both for jumping onto buildings, & for ramming through them, is there evidence Hammerless Thor can do so? (In the latter case, having AP does not necessarily equal having that level of environmental destruction, IIRC.)

& even if Thor does match him in a chase, I don't think it would guarantee Thor finds him; Having to detransform & hide (Often to conceal their identity.) happens frequently for Ladybug & Cat Noir.
Between trees, shrubbery, numerous buildings, bedrooms, trash cans, dumpsters, & probably other places, there would be a lot of locations Cat Noir could likely avoid detection in.

You seem to misunderstand. Thor will only be hammerless if Cat uses Cataclysm on it. Cat does not have nearly the amount of AP required to destroy the hammer like Hela did. In which case, Cat will only have 5 minutes to do anything to Thor before he transforms back.

You seem to misunderstand. Thor will only be hammerless if Cat uses Cataclysm on it. Cat does not have nearly the amount of AP required to destroy the hammer like Hela did. In which case, Cat will only have 5 minutes to do anything to Thor before he transforms back.
Yes, I'm quite aware Cat Noir can't destroy Mjolnir without Cataclysm.
The point is, in CQC, Thor can't afford to touch 1 of Cat Noir's hands, but he likely doesn't know what Cataclysm does, & maybe may not even fear it; Maybe he thinks it's an energy blast triggered on contact, or a power-up? The point is, without knowing what Cataclysm is, he may not give appropriate priority to evading it, & even if he is evading it, that's still a whole hand of your opponent's that you can't touch or you die (or come close to death.) in a CQC fight.

If Cat Noir DOESN'T use Cataclysm, he still has better LS, better Stamina, a very close match in range with his staff, excellent mobility, & from what I've read, trained in fencing/sword play, karate & kung fu, & has fought a variety of very varied villains, so he's not lacking in skill/experience.

(Yes, Thor does have his claim of being 1,500 years old (Though his profile says Age: 1053, possibly 1500) & his stamina justification of fighting hordes of Frost Giants & Fire Demons, but is he stated to be trained in any weapon fighting styles or martial arts? Does he have feats demonstrating that? Without details, how do we know he didn't just go through his battles simply bludgeoning them or leveraging better stats/abilities?)

Also, checking the relevant calculations, as linked below:
Thor's Lifting Strength feat was Calculated at: 1,089,449.04 kg
Cat Noir's scales to a Lifting Strength Calculated at: 1,054,953,842.47 kg

Meaning Cat Noir has a roughly 968.34x advantage in Lifting Strength.
Given that, I hope you can understand my skepticism about Thor being able to grab Cat Noir's staff & slam it to the ground.

His battle against Hulk is just a testament to how he fights without Mjolnir. He's no slouch in close quarters combat and that was against an opponent much larger than him.

Cat is still a teenage boy and weighs as much as one. Without any leverage, Thor will be capable of lifting and throwing him especially if Cat is caught off guard.

This is all assuming Thor doesn't ragdoll Cat with Mjolnir like he did with Surtur.

His battle against Hulk is just a testament to how he fights without Mjolnir. He's no slouch in close quarters combat and that was against an opponent much larger than him.
I don't recall how that goes. Would you be willing to help provide details, please?
Cat is still a teenage boy and weighs as much as one. Without any leverage, Thor will be capable of lifting and throwing him especially if Cat is caught off guard.
Would holding the staff he regularly uses as a weapon not count as leverage? (Not to mention, he regularly uses his acrobatics to get to unusual positions on his staff.)
& I'm unsure Cat Noir would be unused to foes attempting to grab/seize his staff.
Also, by the same token, couldn't Cat Noir pin or throw Thor as well, due to his roughly 968.34x LS advantage? (Yes, with Mjolnir, Thor can fly, but Thor could still be caught off guard. Also, there may be the questions of deceleration & stuff.)
& that even assumes Cat would let Thor grab it.
This is all assuming Thor doesn't ragdoll Cat with Mjolnir like he did with Surtur.
I'm also unsure of how that goes. Would you be willing to help provide details, please?
Also, ragdolling requires hitting Cat Noir & him failing to dodge or block. Not to mention, Surtur probably is slower or less skilled in combat than Thor. The same isn't necessarily true for Cat Noir, given Speed Equalization & that I'm sure they have different skill feats.

The way I see it, Chat Noir wins more times than not with his cataclysm, which is more powerful that Thor by a margin, even if Chat himself is 7C.

It's power is already calced to be High-7A, and could possibly scale to Ladybug who could move a planet (High 5-A), it has deconstruction and is claimed to destroy anything it touches (which means it ignores durability), and has a range of 3.7-20 kilometers based off the feats in Style Queen and Pixelator respectively, which out ranges anything Thor has save for Bifrost (which isnt really helpful in battle), though Thor could fly to avoid it since it does require ground to conduct it.

Thor could technically win by spamming lightning and keeping to the air since Chat doesnt have anything to defend against it aside from playing a long range game of hit the pinata, but it isnt really in character of him to do so, not to mention that he would logically not know about the power until Adrien uses it and so would have no reason to use this strategy due to a lack of said knowledge, so he'll likely remain in melee with Mljolnir, which is when Adrien uses his power and taps him. Also the ability of Adrien to channel his cataclysm through mediums such as the ground means that even if he does hit the hammer instead of thor himself, he could channel it through the hammer to thor disintegrate him.

I don't see experience taking much of a factor since Cataclysm's ability will likely remain unknowable to Thor until Adrien already uses it, and by that point Thor would most likely assume Chat is a melee fighter and thus would see no reason to keep his distance until its too late, nor would he realize Adrien's limitation of a 5-minute timer and thus work his way around it. Also not a big detail, but Chat is pretty acrobatic, and so could probably dodge anything Thor can throw at him.

Chat wins by the insane power of Cataclysm, his acrobatic ability and the amount of puns he will likely spew out during the fight. On that side not, he would probaby be best friends with Earth-313 Spiderman.

Ok, so regardless of Thor being 7B now and Chat Noir still being 7C himself, I still say Chat wins this with everything I said above. Cataclysm is a 7A, possibly high 5A level power that also has deconstruction, that will one shot Thor with its AP, Durability Negation, or both. Thor can't even predict it due to Adrien not likely to use it till he has a clear shot, so Thor will most likely be in melee by the time Chat uses it, and with equal speed it most likely means a win for Chat

Yeah no, it is completely out of character for Adrien to use Cataclysm on a person and Thor AP stomps him now.

Yeah no, it is completely out of character for Adrien to use Cataclysm on a person and Thor AP stomps him now.

Well if Thor does stomp him like you say, wouldn't that mean Chat would use anything in order to turn the tides? Such as the Cataclym?

Also since OP didn't specify victory conditions asside from speed equalization, Standard Battle Assumptions must be used, meaning Chat must be in a state where he is willing to kill if necassary and that means that Chat would end up using the power on Thor if he felt it was necassary to win, especially in a fight to the death

(Also, probably not a major detail (and also an exxageration), but Chat Noir is implied to be able control the power of his Cataclym in order to avoid outright disintegrating something, such as in the episode Animan, where he uses the power to short circuit a bus to trap the villain Animan inside it. Considering he's capable of controling the output power, it wouldn't be too far out of fetch he could control it so that it only incapacitates thor rather than kills him.)

Anyways, my point goes to Chat Noir regadless of Thor being 7C or 7B+. I gave my reasonings and this is the hill I die on regardless of anyone elses votes.

My Vote goes to the Kitty Boi

Back