• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

There's wayyy too many characters in the hax category

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I hate that I'm making a thread about categories so soon after the other one but...

There's no reason there should be 81 pages in the hax category. I'm looking at the first page alone and quite a few of the characters in the first page alone don't qualify. It looks like people assume that just having one good hax is enough to qualify. That shouldn't be the case. You don't have to be Reinhard it xourse, but just having spammable timestop like Dio isn't enough.

Can't we just delete that category?

It's pointless, and unlike other catogories, instead of organizing characters with specific abilties, it just messes things up.

Even if it raises a standard, what counts as "hax" is very subjective, since it can be anything from just having some minimal level of durability negation, to higher dimensional erasure and crap.

And just look how inflated it is.

Why do we even have a "Hax" category to begin with? It seems completely arbitrary.

>Iconic Characters

Everyone: "Nah, let's add this, that and everything..." To the point that the discussion got out of control and we just agreed to delete it.

>Hax users

Everyone: Yeah, get rid of that.

I can delete the hax category if the rest of the staff think that it is okay.

Speaking of badly handled categories, most of the pages with the Shapeshifting category, should likely really just have the Transformation category.

Okay.

It is probably best if you ask Promestein to handle it with her "Promezwein" bot account, since that will hide the edits in the recent changes page, and as such avoid that it is spammed with 1295 edits, so nobody can follow anything else that is going on.

I am aware that I could handle it with my "Kav-bot" account as well, but my tablet only allows me to run one active task at the same time, and I have some other things that I need to do before I go to sleep.

So, just want me to fuse the Shapeshifting and Transformation categories? I can do that.

No, not at all. I want you to use the bot account to delete the "Hax Users" category:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Hax_Users

What I ideally want regarding the other two categories is that somebody preferably needs to go through the "Shapeshifters" category entries one by one and replace all the ones that cannot freely morph into lots of different forms on a whim with "Transformation Users" instead, but that is not realistic.

Oh, understood. I can do that. Starting now.

Back