• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thematic matchups that would be/are stomps

Alternate incarnations of the same character are just boring for matches, it's like doing matches between characters from the same verse.

One Piece is just overpopulated on fans and most characters are theoretically matchable as they don't have silly hax and are mostly one trick ponies.

Being one trick ponies simplifies potential arguments for the most part, although plenty of them still have convoluted strategies anyways.

Pit vs Pegasus Seiya for me

• Both are greek themed heroes (Despite being an angel, Pit is essentially a soldier in a fantastic version of Greece, while Seiya was formally trained and got the Pegasus Cloth in Greece)
  • Both are quite kid heroes (Pit is decades old, but looks and acts like a 13 year old boy. Seiya is actually 13 despite looking a few years olders)
  • Both have an unquestionable loyality towards a version of Athena (Palutena being obviously based on here, while Saori Kido is Athena's reincarnation). And both have tease of sorts with them (Pit many times can come across as having a crush on Palutena, Seiya and Saori have many interactions that come as outright romantic) and battle forces of evil in their name.
  • Both go around beating up the greek pantheon, culminating in big bad Hades.
  • Both fit the idiot shounen hero arcehtype to T (Though Pit never loses his comedic side, this part of Seiya gradually goes away to focus on his more heroic and knightly aspects). They even have similar haridos.
  • They both inherit increasingly powerful divine weaponry in their story (Pit gets the three Sacred Treasures and then the Great Sacred Treasure, Seiya gets the Sagittarius Gold Cloth and eventually the Pegasus God Cloth)
Unfortunately, this has always been a pretty ugly stomp in Seiya's favour both stat and hax wise.

Animator (Animator vs. Animation) vs. Download Window (OMORI) or pretty much any match involving The Animator's cursor key

A lot of characters at the same power level could just leave the computer and if you're powerful enough to fight The Cursor then at that point it would be easier to leave the computer and go for Alan himself
what do you mean leve the computer? they would need some kind of acenssion to go to alans plane of existence sinse the real world isn't part of the "internet" cosmology in animation vs animator, so just having dimensional travel wouldn't be enough

Asura vs Broly is a match that (fittingly) angers me. When you look at their pages it seems like a close match, both are 3-B, haxless and have similar speeds on top of that (a 3,1X gap) so it would seem close. Then you look at their ap values. The fact i'm bringing it up here says it all. I almost made this fight too, that's the worst part for me.

General Grievous vs Sundowner is a horrendous stomp in either direction depending on which version of Grievous is being used but it's the matchup that would have the best thematic, music and animation potential for either of them.

Asura vs Broly is a match that (fittingly) angers me. When you look at their pages it seems like a close match, both are 3-B, haxless and have similar speeds on top of that (a 3,1X gap) so it would seem close. Then you look at their ap values. The fact i'm bringing it up here says it all. I almost made this fight too, that's the worst part for me.
That would have been so cool
Yet we still have redo of healer and reincarnated as a sex worker on the wiki. We truly live in a society.
I really hope your joking about the second one

Also I have another perfect matchup that sadly would be a stomp

Clare vs Guts

Both are big sword wielders who live a life of suffering (The premise of both is literally almost the same)

As of right now it's a stomp in Clare's favor

However if I ever get around to revising the Claymore verse we may get a match out of it

I really hope your joking about the second one
By the way DontTalkDT made this.

Back