• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wyper's Bazooka calculations need to be removed

The calculations in question: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:KingTempest16/Wyper's_Bazookas#Burn_Bazooka_Explosion

Currently Wyper's Bazooka has 3 different calculations, all of which work under the premise that the trees in the areas he was in are over 145 meters in diameter, and pixel scaling the power of his his bazookas off that premise. The issue with this calculation is that it takes random trees from a whole other areas on the island and tries to argue that their size can be applied to every tree within the island. This leads to ridiculous arguments, such as..

• Assuming that the tree Wyper burned with his Burn Bazooka had a diameter of over 145 meters despite us seeing that it's not much bigger than Luffy and Wyper from a point of view where it's closer, and we even get a panel where Luffy sends Wyper through that hole that clearly showcases this tree isn't anywhere near as big.

•Or the claim that the explosion of his cannon is hundreds of meters in diameter scaling from the trees Nami stood in front of when those same exact trees are seen being quite small

•We also see on many occasions that Wyper's cannonballs consistenly don't produce explosions that big as the calc would suggest.

Therefore I believe the calculations are invalid and need to be removed.

Learn perspective
I know it very well. It seems like you don't. I've already explained how perspective actually supports me as Luffy and Wyper are seen being further from the panel's PoV than the tree is and therefore if anything the tree would appear bigger than it is. Perspectice supports me on all the other scans too.

Before you try to be sassy with me take your own advice. Lmfao

I know it very well. It seems like you don't. I've already explained how perspective actually supports me as Luffy and Wyper are seen being further from the panel's PoV than the tree is and therefore if anything the tree would appear bigger than it is. Perspectice supports me on all the other scans too.

Before you try to be sassy with me take your own advice. Lmfao
Luffy and Wyper are further from the panel than the tree... meaning that if Luffy and Wyper moved towards the screen and closer to the tree... they would be even smaller in comparison to the tree.

Regardless the first calc is perfectly fine.

Luffy and Wyper are further from the panel than the tree... meaning that if Luffy and Wyper moved towards the screen and closer to the tree... they would be even smaller in comparison to the tree.
If they get CLOSER to the screen, they would appear SMALLER?!?!?!?!?!!!

LEARN PERSPECTIVE! If they get closer to the screen they'd appear BIGGER. Lol. This is pre-school stuff, mate.

Regardless the first calc is perfectly fine.
The first calc? You mean the calc that calculates the sizes ( or tries to ) of completely seperate trees from the ones I am objecting being assumed as big due to direct showings of them being small? Lol. Sorry, but this does not attack my arguments

LEARN PERSPECTIVE! If they get closer to the screen they'd appear BIGGER. Lol. This is pre-school stuff, mate.
My brain definitely just folded, yeah you're right
The first calc? You mean the calc that calculates the sizes ( or tries to ) of completely seperate trees from the ones I am objecting being assumed as big due to direct showings of them being small? Lol. Sorry, but this does not attack my arguments
It's called "average size". I calculated the size of the average tree on the island, and that calculation showcases the calc for the average size of the trees.
If a tree contradicts it, then it does. Those trees don't, simple.

It's called "average size". I calculated the size of the average tree on the island, and that calculation showcases the calc for the average size of the trees.
If a tree contradicts it, then it does. Those trees don't, simple.
You're not addressing anything I've said. I've provided clear-cut contradictions.

You're not addressing anything I've said. I've provided clear-cut contradictions.
You've provided contradictions for the specific trees in the 2nd and 3rd calculation, not the first
Your only argument worth any salt in reference to the first calc is the last argument about consistency, which is a whole different thing

I understand KT's point here regarding the 1st calc. It uses an average of three trees on the edge of the island based on the same reference point which is the diameter of Upper Yard.

The arguments against the 2nd and 3rd calc are valid though.

For the 1st calc, investigating the consistency of those trees at the edge of Upper Yard should be looked into.

That's really it.
Comparing it to small characters get small results. Comparing it to large characters gets large results.

It's not "random trees". If I calced every single tree in that image it'd get a consistently large result. It's just the choice of the panels used

Angles also exists... The angle of the tree is to the left while we can see both it's back and side, luffy you can only see the side via viewing him around the middle of the perspective

Idk about the size of the tree but using random character heights in op with weird angles and panels that doesn't emphasize the size of the tree will nearly always be inconsistent

the trees are also not as small as you are making it out to be, they are clearly way larger than the going merry even when the going merry is much closer to the screen
ONE-PIECE-28-p026.jpg
ONE-PIECE-28-p161-a-Kraa.jpg

You've provided contradictions for the specific trees in the 2nd and 3rd calculation, not the first
Your only argument worth any salt in reference to the first calc is the last argument about consistency, which is a whole different thing
I've already shown the method to be extremely unreliable, as the trees in different areas are seen having different sizes.

I'd argue that assumption Wyper's cannonball generated an explosion of over 1.7 kilometers is heavily inconsistent with the fact that Wyper's cannonball explosions are seen being significantly smaller than assumed on every single instance they were used it.

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

Therefore you would have to justify why in this instance Wyper's cannonballs would magically be so much bigger over a pure ASSUMPTION that you've just conceeded proved inconsistent on all your other calculations.

Angles also exists... The angle of the tree is to the left while we can see both it's back and side, luffy you can only see the side via viewing him around the middle of the perspective

Idk about the size of the tree but using random character heights in op with weird angles and panels that doesn't emphasize the size of the tree will nearly always be inconsistent

the trees are also not as small as you are making it out to be, they are clearly way larger than the going merry even when the going merry is much closer to the screen
ONE-PIECE-28-p026.jpg
ONE-PIECE-28-p161-a-Kraa.jpg
You would have to explain why the angles play such a big factor in this scenario. The angles in this specific instances don't provide an excuse for such big differences.

Direct observation > assumptions. Direct observations tell us those specific trees were small.

Just because entirely seperate trees in seperate locations are big does not mean the ones used for the calculations were big. We directly see the opposite.

Therefore you would have to justify why in this instance Wyper's cannonballs would magically be so much bigger over a pure ASSUMPTION that you've just conceeded proved inconsistent on all your other calculations.
Oh, btw Tempest, since it's apparently your calculation, could you provide me a chapter for the first calc too? 😉 It's cool if you don't want to, tho.

I've already shown the method to be extremely unreliable, as the trees in different areas are seen having different sizes.

I'd argue that assumption Wyper's cannonball generated an explosion of over 1.7 kilometers is heavily inconsistent with the fact that Wyper's cannonball explosions are seen being significantly smaller than assumed on every single instance they were used it.

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

Because I calced it to be? That simple?

I calced the trees to be a certain size and I calced the explosion to be that size too?

If you wanna say the value is inconsistent, go ahead. You can't debunk the explosion size unless you debunk the trees, and the trees aren't an issue.

And remove the anime ones. The anime only explosions hold no weight in this

On top of that, half the explosions you showed are smaller than the trees but you conveniently left out these where they dwarf the trees

I said "in these instances, your argument is fine. Exceptions don't make the rule"

Direct observation > assumptions. Direct observations tell us those specific trees were small.
what..?

Yours is direct observation with assumptions that it's an accurate observation... I can also argue all the trees are relative size and say because of "direct observation" by just looking at every tree on the island
Just because entirely seperate trees in seperate locations are big does not mean the ones used for the calculations were big. We directly see the opposite.
We do not "directly" see the opposite when your bringing up wierd angles and panels not clearly emphasizing the size of the trees

You have the same if not less evidence that those trees will randomly be significantly smaller than every other tree for no reason just because there are panels where characters can be viewed beside them and aren't drawn 5 pixels

Me currently eating so I might come back later

Because I calced it to be? That simple?

I calced the trees to be a certain size and I calced the explosion to be that size too?
I've proven your calculation to be heavily inconsistent with the size of Wyper's cannonball explosions AND to work under a pure assumption. Your calculations only calculates the average of a bunch of trees in a different area and you'd have to justify why this carries over to another one, when I've shown that tree sizes vary greatly.

And remove the anime ones. The anime only explosions hold no weight in this
I still have enough manga examples to prove the inconsistency in your assumption. Matter of fact, here is another one:
Six:
I'm yet to see you prove anything.

On top of that, half the explosions you showed are smaller than the trees but you conveniently left out these where they dwarf the trees
None of the explosions you showed are ANYWHERE near 1.7 kilometers, so they just work for me and show consistency for my argument. Also, funny how on your first scan, the explosion is closer to our PoV and it still appears to be hardly bigger than a tree that's FURTHER from our PoV.
Second scan does not show a whole tree, it shows a portion of it's leaves. Not what dwarfing a tree is.
In the third scan they are about as big as the trees, and in fact in the bottom we see trees that are further away from our PoV appearing only a bit smaller. Not what dwarfing is.
On the third scan only a branch of the tree is seen, not the whole tree, + it had added momentum from Luffy meaning it was amped. And I've already shown these exact trees being small.
So if anything you just proved me right. There is no consiatency to the ASSUMPTION that Wyper's cannonball generates explosions with a diameter of 1.7 kilometers. On EVERY instance they're used on next to something we can compare we see they aren't even 50 meters.

what..?

Yours is direct observation with assumptions that it's an accurate observation... I can also argue all the trees are relative size and say because of "direct observation" by just looking at every tree on the island

We do not "directly" see the opposite when your bringing up wierd angles and panels not clearly emphasizing the size of the trees

You have the same if not less evidence that those trees will randomly be significantly smaller than every other tree for no reason just because there are panels where characters can be viewed beside them and aren't drawn 5 pixels

Me currently eating so I might come back later
You've provided no evidence that somehow angles make characters appear to be not much smaller than trees that are much closer to our PoV than us. So until you do nothing you say has weight. And no, the angles aren't even weird.

Direct observation proves that the trees in specific areas are smaller than the trees in others.

I've proven your calculation to be heavily inconsistent with the size of Wyper's cannonball explosions AND to work under a pure assumption. Your calculations only calculates the average of a bunch of trees in a different area and you'd have to justify why this carries over to another one, when I've shown that tree sizes vary greatly.

I still have enough manga examples to prove the inconsistency in your assumption. Matter of fact, here is another one:
Six:
I'm yet to see you prove anything.

None of the explosions you showed are ANYWHERE near 1.7 kilometers, so they just work for me and show consistency for my argument. Also, funny how on your first scan, the explosion is closer to our PoV and it still appears to be hardly bigger than a tree that's FURTHER from our PoV.
Second scan does not show a whole tree, it shows a portion of it's leaves. Not what dwarfing a tree is.
In the third scan they are about as big as the trees, and in fact in the bottom we see trees that are further away from our PoV appearing only a bit smaller. Not what dwarfing is.
On the third scan only a branch of the tree is seen, not the whole tree, + it had added momentum from Luffy meaning it was amped. And I've already shown these exact trees being small.
So if anything you just proved me right. There is no consiatency to the ASSUMPTION that Wyper's cannonball generates explosions with a diameter of 1.7 kilometers. On EVERY instance they're used on next to something we can compare we see they aren't even 50 meters.

That's pure yap

You keep saying "different area, certain trees, yadayadayada"

Literally any shot of the trees from any shot showing the full island would dictate that the trees were big as shit

You really wanna tell me only a certain side of the island has super large trees and the other side doesn't?

That's pure yap

You keep saying "different area, certain trees, yadayadayada"

Literally any shot of the trees from any shot showing the full island would dictate that the trees were big as shit

You really wanna tell me only a certain side of the island has super large trees and the other side doesn't?
That's a funny way to put it, but unfortunately I'd appreciate actual arguments not childish insults.

And yet we literally see how on many locations the trees are smaller. So yeah. The fact Wyper's cannonballs are always shown not being even 50 meters already works against the assumption they were 1700 meters in another one magically. Can you address the inconsistency in your assumption?

And yet we literally see how on many locations the trees are smaller. So yeah. The fact Wyper's cannonballs are always shown not being even 50 meters already works against the assumption they were 1700 meters in another one magically. Can you address the inconsistency in your assumption?
"We literally see how on many locations the trees are smaller"

Do you want me to grab every instance where the trees are bigger?

"We literally see how on many locations the trees are smaller"

Do you want me to grab every instance where the trees are bigger?
It won't help. I have shown pure consistency that Wyper's cannonball explosions are consistency below 50 meters, let alone 1700 meters. Again, do you have ANY justification why a method I proved was inconsistent on all your other attempts would be a better choice to go off than Wyper's explosion size consistency?

We can clearly see off the anime that the explosion is not that big, since the cannonball in anime time takes about 3 seconds of travelling to reach the trees and is clearly visible, meaning it didn't travel that far. Then it enters the forest and after about 4 seconds explodes. So we can clearly see that the distance from the camera to the trees isn't that big. Not what a 1.7 kilometer explosion looks like to me.

Everything from the show disagrees with you. You don't seem to have any valid evidence.

I have nothing further to comment at the moment; just that the best way of resolving this would be to produce an alternative version of the calc, get it evaluated, then we compare the two methods.

It won't help. I have shown pure consistency that Wyper's cannonball explosions are consistency below 50 meters, let alone 1700 meters. Again, do you have ANY justification why a method I proved was inconsistent on all your other attempts would be a better choice to go off than Wyper's explosion size consistency?

We can clearly see off the anime that the explosion is not that big, since the cannonball in anime time takes about 3 seconds of travelling to reach the trees and is clearly visible, meaning it didn't travel that far. Then it enters the forest and after about 4 seconds explodes. So we can clearly see that the distance from the camera to the trees isn't that big. Not what a 1.7 kilometer explosion looks like to me.

Everything from the show disagrees with you. You don't seem to have any valid evidence.

You aren't even listening

The only thing saying its small is the trees.

There are scans showing the trees are small, there are scans showing the trees are big.

I said we don't use the anime only scenes so stop using the anime when the manga does the job perfectly fine. We aren't scaling the anime, we're scaling the manga.

"It won't help" you bombarded me with scans about small trees, but scans of big trees won't help?

Damage clearly folded so I'll call staff

@Psychomaster35 @Dalesean027 @DemonGodMitchAubin @CloverDragon03 in reference to the first calc only

There are scans showing the trees are small, there are scans showing the trees are big.
Could you stop dodging and actually address the proof which is Wyper's explosion size consistency going against your assumption ( Which I've proven was false on your other calcs which you conceeded to ).

I said we don't use the anime only scenes so stop using the anime when the manga does the job perfectly fine. We aren't scaling the anime, we're scaling the manga.
No, you told me to stop using anime-only explosions. This isn't anime-only. I showed the manga side-by-side with it, and they are essentially 1-to-1. Why is the manga doing the job pefectly fine when using only the manga relies on pure assumption ( Same assumption I've shown failed on both your 2 other usages of it. )? It's almost like you are trying to deny evidence that doesn't fit your narrarive. The anime version can give us a reasonable way to determine the distance between the trees and the explosion from the camera and thus conclude the size. Which I did. We see the anime for many other things. Why not here?

"It won't help" you bombarded me with scans about small trees, but scans of big trees won't help?
Because Wyper's cannon explosion consistency and the anime version of the first calc hold more weight than an assumption that was proven wrong on 2/2 other times.

@Psychomaster35 @Dalesean027 @DemonGodMitchAubin @CloverDragon03 in reference to the first calc only
Just because he is open-minded and decided we should compare methods does not mean he folded. You seem awfully judgemental of people that don't hold your views right now.

Could you stop dodging and actually address the proof which is Wyper's explosion size consistency going against your assumption ( Which I've proven was false on your other calcs which you conceeded to ).

No, you told me to stop using anime-only explosions. This isn't anime-only. I showed the manga side-by-side with it, and they are essentially 1-to-1. Why is the manga doing the job pefectly fine when using only the manga relies on pure assumption ( Same assumption I've shown failed on both your 2 other usages of it. )? It's almost like you are trying to deny evidence that doesn't fit your narrarive. The anime version can give us a reasonable way to determine the distance between the trees and the explosion from the camera and thus conclude the size. Which I did. We see the anime for many other things. Why not here?

Because Wyper's cannon explosion consistency and the anime version of the first calc hold more weight than an assumption that was proven wrong on 2/2 other times.

Just because he is open-minded and decided we should compare methods does not mean he folded. You seem awfully judgemental of people that don't hold your views right now.
If you disagree then disagree but stop shoving the "it doesn't fit your narrative so lol" argument down my throat

I already told you the explosion is based solely on the trees portrayal of size and they vary as long as the trees vary. I'm not gonna feed into your shit.

I'm not judgmental of Damage. He left the conversation at hand to say "find another method" which is fine, which I don't care about.

If you aren't gonna converse in good graces then don't. Cut the chat GPT argument out. You've said "your assumption is wrong and I've proven it false and you've conceded" over and over"

We do not use the anime in conversations about the manga unless it's a conversation about anime portrayal. This is a conversation about the manga's showings. Cut your anime arguments out. That is final.

I don't want to bother myself with HST stuff but the "it doesn't show that explosion size consistently so this calc isn't valid" isn't a good argument. It doesn't invalidate the calc in any way. It's like saying a character shouldn't be 7-A just because they don't produce Mountain level explosions or levels of destruction with every attack despite scaling to a valid 7-A calc

I already told you the explosion is based solely on the trees portrayal of size and they vary as long as the trees vary. I'm not gonna feed into your shit.
I've already shown the explosions are consistently below 50 meters and that your method doesn't work 2/2 times which you conceeded to. Explain why your method should be assumed?
I'm not judgmental of Damage. He left the conversation at hand to say "find another method" which is fine, which I don't care about.
He said that he has nothing further to add and that we should find an alternative calc, and you claimed he folded.
If you aren't gonna converse in good graces then don't. Cut the chat GPT argument out. You've said "your assumption is wrong and I've proven it false and you've conceded" over and over"
You came here instantly making remarks kept making remarks, and in the sane breathe you said I am not conversing in good graces you say "Cut the chat GPT arguments out". The irony is out of this world. Sorry, those arguments are things you are yet to address. You don't get to insult them.
We do not use the anime in conversations about the manga unless it's a conversation about anime portrayal. This is a conversation about the manga's showings. Cut your anime arguments out. That is final.
This wiki recognizes the anime as supporting evidence for manga calculations when the manga is not clear enough as seen in this thread of this ACCEPTED CALCULATION.
Therefore I propose we do the same here to solve this, since the anime version holds way more value than a 2/2 times proven wrong assumption you are making.

I don't want to bother myself with HST stuff but the "it doesn't show that explosion size consistently so this calc isn't valid" isn't a good argument. It doesn't invalidate the calc in any way. It's like saying a character shouldn't be 7-A just because they don't produce Mountain level explosions or levels of destruction with every attack despite scaling to a valid 7-A calc
There is a difference between a cannonball, a man-made weapon with explosive whield, and a character that can suppress his power at will. Even if you don't agree with it personally, is it not better than a pure assumption proven wrong on every other instance it was used?

can't comment right this moment

I'm not bout to argue with you over and over again, so this is my last point. If you want to continue sounding like a brick wall then go ahead.
I've already shown the explosions are consistently below 50 meters and that your method doesn't work 2/2 times which you conceeded to. Explain why your method should be assumed?
Alright.

Throughout the arc of Skypiea, we are given many full island shots showing the trees, where even the smallest tree would be several dozens of meters wide.

In the shots that I used for the 2nd and 3rd frames, they were shown directly next to certain characters that made the trees look small. In light of arguing against inconsistency, I conceded just to ward away potential arguments on something that doesn't change much.

The first panel is not corrupted by the need to show smaller characters. It shows the massive trees in comparison to the island.

This wiki has had several conversations of consistency through small shots years before you've joined and this is a breath of bad air looking at you try to say my panels are inconsistent for this debunked dry washed reasoning.

You did not debunk the last two calcs. All you did was point out there are small people next to it.

I can easily go grab every shot where the trees are gargantuan just to prove my point but I won't cause it sounds like a waste of time. The second two are next to people, the first two are not, so we'll use the average that the island showcases. Simple.

He said that he has nothing further to add and that we should find an alternative calc, and you claimed he folded.
Because he did. He stopped looking at both arguments and found a medium that he can settle with.

Stop trying to tackle my vocabulary to diminish my image. Damage knows how I talk. If I offended him he would've let me know by now.
You came here instantly making remarks kept making remarks, and in the sane breathe you said I am not conversing in good graces you say "Cut the chat GPT arguments out". The irony is out of this world. Sorry, those arguments are things you are yet to address. You don't get to insult them.
Because in every reply you say the following
I've provided clear-cut contradictions.
I've already shown the method to be extremely unreliable

I still have enough manga examples to prove the inconsistency in your assumption.

(Same assumption I've shown failed on both your 2 other usages of it. )? It's almost like you are trying to deny evidence that doesn't fit your narrarive.

You repeatedly claim "I've proven you wrong yadayadayada conceded yadayadayada assumption yadayadayada". You sound like a robot. This isn't an attack, it's an observation on your ridiculous argumentative style of continually telling me "you conceded" and "I've proven this" over and over like a youtube debater.

So please, cut it out. You've known me for 2 hours. I'm not attacking you in any way shape or form. If I was, Damage would've checked me by now.
This wiki recognizes the anime as supporting evidence for manga calculations when the manga is not clear enough as seen in this thread of this ACCEPTED CALCULATION.
Therefore I propose we do the same here to solve this, since the anime version holds way more value than a 2/2 times proven wrong assumption you are making.
I am the person who made the rules of the wiki when it comes to accepting the anime for One Piece. Stop trying to tell me the rules.

The rules I MADE dictate that we use the anime when the manga is not able to be used. The manga can be used for you and for me. Stop using the anime as arguments against the manga.

Throughout the arc of Skypiea, we are given many full island shots showing the trees, where even the smallest tree would be several dozens of meters wide.

The first panel is not corrupted by the need to show smaller characters. It shows the massive trees in comparison to the island.
That doesn't change the fact that we see the trees being much smaller on many other areas. It just means that the smaller trees are not visible, which is natural.

The first panel does not show the entirity of the island. We don't even see Giant Jack in it, which debunks that assumption. Therefore we are only looking at an unknown portion of it
You did not debunk the last two calcs. All you did was point out there are small people next to it.
I've already gotten your concession. Stop being dishonest.
I can easily go grab every shot where the trees are gargantuan just to prove my point but I won't cause it sounds like a waste of time. The second two are next to people, the first two are not, so we'll use the average that the island showcases. Simple.
You have no shots of the specific trees in question that are being destroyed or near the area of the explosions are as big as the trees "you can grab". Even on your panel where you nit-pick the trees in one area the trees can range by a 100 meters. So no. The only feats relevant to the feats in question are the trees we are comparing the feats to. Which are indeed small. You've conceeded your calcs got invalidated. Despite insulting me and calling me a brick wall you seem to be quite willingly ignorant.
Because he did. He stopped looking at both arguments and found a medium that he can settle with.
He formed his conclusion specifically by looking at the arguments.
You repeatedly claim "I've proven you wrong yadayadayada conceded yadayadayada assumption yadayadayada". You sound like a robot. This isn't an attack, it's an observation on your ridiculous argumentative style of continually telling me "you conceded" and "I've proven this" over and over like a youtube debater.
I don't continuously tell you that, I told you only a few times, and I only said the truth. You did conceed. And I have proven my arguments with scans. Maybe stop focusing on my vocabulary so much, something you in a twist of irony complained about me doing, and start addressing my points with anything other than dodging. Because all you did was say "hurr durr size is inconsistent" and then EVERYTHING from that point on was about sentimatics and things unrelated to the calculations themselves. You spent more time arguing this than arguing against my points.
I am the person who made the rules of the wiki when it comes to accepting the anime for One Piece. Stop trying to tell me the rules.

The rules I MADE dictate that we use the anime when the manga is not able to be used. The manga can be used for you and for me. Stop using the anime as arguments against the manga.
The Zunesha swing does not necessarily need an anime version for the calculation, and in fact it already had an accepted manga calculation that was edited into a calc that used the anime on the same thread. So it seems that the rule is very inconsistently applied. Any comment? Why is it that we can use the anime for things like Zunesha to get better calcs, but we can't use the anime here? What happened to the anime being secondary canon and supporting evidence when 1-1?

Back