• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

the world this takes place in has a giant slime for a moon (2 spots left) registration and explanation thread.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING

dont let the wall of text at the bottom intimidate you, i'll be doing most of that, i was just explaining what exactly the stats did and how it would work.

this will be a simplified (barely) role play/cyoa (mostly cyoa but there will probably be some instances of role playing.) type thing, for the sake of simplicty and my own sanity i will only take 3 players. if you intend on joining, this might take awhile. (i played through it on my own it took me 2 or so hours to get past part 1.)

story: your three charcters: met, became freinds and decided to go on an adventure, currently you have no goal but that might change soon...

levels: for this there will be a leveling system all characters will start at level 1 (9-Cish) max will vary depending on race but your character should be 8-Cish at the end, every level will require more xp, level 1 requires 10 xp, level 2 20 xp, level 3 30 xp, and so on. xp can be gained by winning battles and completeing tasks.

character stuff:

money: (this can be used to buy stuff at stores each character starts with 5 money.)

name: (please keep it simple, i have terrible memory, but ill probably just end up calling you by your username anyways.)

background/personality: (optional)

appearence: (optional)

stats: (x=specified below in what ever race you chose.) each character will start out with x number of points that can be split up between stats. (human ex: attack: 3, defense: 2, speed: 3, intel: 1.) and every time your character levels up you will gain x more points you can put into whatever stats you would like.

attack stat: (this will be used to determine damage done.)

defense stats: (this will be used to determine damage taken.)

speed stat: (this will be used to determine travel speed, and dodging/fleeing success.)

intelligence: (this will be used to determine extra damage, success at tasks and disarming traps.)

HP: (this will be how much damage a charcter can take, all player charcters will start at x HP but each level up will add x, after every battle ends HP will return to full unless it is 0 in which case that character is dead and can no longer do anything.)

powers/abilities: none for now but after a few levels i'll probably give a few options

races:

slime: start with 6 points and gain 2 points with every level up. start with 10 HP gain 4 HP every level up. cant learn magic, but can be elemental, they receive buffs and/or debuffs from weather and climate, no level cap and no abilities, level up is cheap.

human: starts with 9 points and gain 3 with every level up. start with 20 HP gain 5 HP every level up. can learn magic, cant be elemental, they recieve only debuffs from weather and climate, level cap is level 10, 5 abilities, level up is kinda cheap.

demon: starts with 15 points and gain 5 with every level up. start with 25 HP gain 7 every level up. can learn magic, cant be elemental, no buffs or debuffs from weather or climate, level cap is level 7, 5 ablities, level up is expensive.

mechanics and how stuff will work: for those of you wondering about the "will be used to determine" part i'll be using a die to determine that stuff, for example lets say your charcter goes for an attack, first we must determine if it hits, so your speed stat times die roll minus your targets speed stat times die roll, if it's positive you hit, if its negative you miss (fleeing will be determined in a similar way but instead of hit and miss it will be succeed and fail.), lets say your speed stat is 3, i roll a 5, your targets speed stat is 1, i roll a 4, thats (3x5)-(1x4)=11 so you hit!, now to determine how much damage you do, its your attack stat times die roll minus targets defense stat times die roll, if its positive thats how much damage you do to your target, if its negative thats how much damage you do to yourself, lets say your attack stat is 3, i roll a 3, your target's defense is 1, i roll a 1, thats (3x3)-(1x1)=8 so you do 8 damage to your target then to determine extra damage (kinda like critical hit damage.) its(attacker's intel times die roll) divided by 3, so lets say im attacking, my intel is 1 and i roll a 3 thats: ((1x3)/3)=1 so i do one damage in addition to the other damage, now lets say your being attacked, (imma skip dodgeing this time.) so its your opponents attack stat times die roll minus your defense stat times die roll, lets say your opponents attack is 1, i roll a 2, your defense is 2, i roll a 1, thats (1x2)-(2x1)=0 so no one takes any damage. as for intelligence, lets say someone on your adventure asks you to help them stack some wood, thats a simple task so probaly like 1 difficulty, to determine success its difficulty times die roll minus intel stat times die roll, if its negative you succeed, if its positive you fail, so difficulty is 1, i roll a 1, your intel is 1, i roll a 6, thats (1x1)-(1x6)=-5 you succeed! so to determine xp gain, its xp multiplier x die roll, wood stacking is fairly simple so a 1x multiplier, i roll a 4, so 1x4=4 so every charcter that participated gains 4 xp. whenever something big happens i'll give some options and the players will vote on what to do, the option with the most votes is what the charcters will do. however while in battle or when choosing whether or not to do a task the charcters can decide what to do for themselves and will act independently of eachother.

character 1: Listentomyrhytm

Name: Tenmei

race: human

Appearance: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...9417076829/Screenshot_2019-05-31-12-12-35.png

Stats:

Attack stat: 2

Defense stat: 2

Speed stat: 2

Intelligence: 3

character 2:

character 3:

if anyone has any questions just ask.

cool just make your character when your ready.

name: (please keep it simple.)

background/personality: (optional)

appearence: (optional)

stats: you have a total of 9 points to put into the various stats below. (all of your stats together should add up to 9.)

attack stat: needs atleast 1 point. (this will be used to determine damage done.)

defense stats: needs atleast 1 point. (this will be used to determine damage taken.)

speed stat: needs atleast 1 point. (this will be used to determine travel speed, and dodging/fleeing success.)

intelligence: needs atleast 1 point. (this will be used to determine extra damage and success at tasks/escaping traps.)

i will tell you this though, intelligence wont see much use in the beginning (its mostly combat focused.) you dont have to change your character or anything and as your character levels up it's stats can be changed (a little) so it doesnt really matter, i just thought i should tell you.

but intelligence might help later on...

hey, this works with just one person, i'd just have to make a few adjustments. want to give it a shot?

im gonna take it as a no, if no one else joins in the next 12 hours im permenently abandoning this.

here example fight, my level 1 example player vs a level 1 goblin (DR is die roll)

stats:

ex player (bob) or just B

A (attack): 3

D (defense):2

S (speed):3

I (intelligence):1

HP: 20

goblin or just G

A:1

D:1

S:1

I:1

HP: 15

initiative: (G: 4, B: 3) goblin goes first

the goblin lunges at bob (GS 1, DR 5, BS 3, DR 6 (1x5)-(3x6)=-11.) bob dodges the goblin with ease and attacks it (BS 3, DR 4, GS 1, DR 2 (3x4)-(1x2)=10) the goblin barely moves and the attack lands nearly perfectly, (BA 3, DR 6, GD 1, DR 6, BI 1 ((3x6)-(1x6))=12 +((6x1)/3)= 14), the blow leaves the goblin near death but it still manages one last desperate attack (GS 1, DR 6, BS 3, DR 5 (1x6)-(3x5)=-9), sadly the goblins last attempt misses (by a lot), so bob goes to finish it (BS 3, DR 4, GS 1, DR 3 (3X4)-(1x3)=9), his attack lands and (BA 3, DR 4, GD 1, DR 3, BI 1, (3x4)-(1x3)=9+((1x4)/3)= 10.3) not only kills but excessively pulverizes the poor goblins corpse.

without the numbers:

the goblin lunges at bob, bob dodges the goblin with ease and attacks it, the goblin barely moves and the attack lands nearly perfectly, the blow leaves the goblin near death but it still manages one last desperate attack, sadly the goblin´s last attempt misses (by a lot), so bob goes to finish it, his attack lands and not only kills but excessively pulverizes the poor goblin´s corpse.

Back