• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Vestige (ESO) Powers and Abilities question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't the Vestige have Teleportation and Dimensional Travel listed under Powers and Abilities?
I mean in ESO we can teleport to a wayshrine (for a fee) or to any of our houses (for free) from pretty much anywhere, wthout the need of a wayshrine. And the destinations aren't restricted only to Tamriel, since we can also travel to Coldharbour, Artaeum, and Clockwork City this way.
The game names this as "recalling", as in referece to the Recall spell from Daggerfall and Morrowind. It even has an animation, as if it was a real spell that we're casting.

Or is this just considered as a game feature? Thoughts?

Shouldn't the Vestige have Teleportation and Dimensional Travel listed under Powers and Abilities?
I mean in ESO we can teleport to a wayshrine (for a fee) or to any of our houses (for free) from pretty much anywhere, wthout the need of a wayshrine. And the destinations aren't restricted only to Tamriel, since we can also travel to Coldharbour, Artaeum, and Clockwork City this way.
The game names this as "recalling", as in referece to the Recall spell from Daggerfall and Morrowind. It even has an animation, as if it was a real spell that we're casting.

Or is this just considered as a game feature? Thoughts?
Well depends, cus I think after morrowin (I think it was morrowin maybe oblivion) they replace teleportation for fast travel, since we now had that they didnt bother to put a teleportation spell since u technically are teleporting already via fast travel

The wayshrines are a result of the world that correspond to the stars in Aetherius, that if properly used, can be made as a form of a portal network to travel across. But the only way to use this is to not have a soul, which only the Vestige qualifies as it's a lump of soul shriven.

So they don't have that power specifically, just that they use a portal network available to them in order to do that. But they should have Teleportation either way, because the Nightblade class has it.

Though the profile is in an embarrassing state right now and it's missing much more than this and then some, so it needs an overhaul either way.

At best at it wouldn't be combat applicable, but it seems to me it's more of an outside object The Vestige has the potential to use, rather than an ability they themselves hold. The latter gives us reason not to include it, the former gives us incentive not to IMO.

If it's added its limits should at least be made clear.

Ogbunabali's evaluations seem to make sense to me.

I'm ok with it being non combat applicable.

Question: Would it be useful if The Vestige somehow gets BFR'd?

There's no reason for the Vestige to get it, so it wouldn't be. They can't use it anyways even if we did add it as you require a wayshrine in order to teleport to it, teleporting without a wayshrines to wayshrines is just a gameplay mechanic. And even if we assume it wasn't they'd just BFR themselves again because they won't spawn on the battlefield, rather on Tamriel, unless the fight takes place exactly near a wayshrine.

So either way, it doesn't help with BFR.

Ogbunabali still seems to make sense to me.

So what, if anything, do we need to do here?

Okay. Thank you.

That should be fine to apply then. Afterwards we can close this thread.

I can add it, if you could unlock the profile.

Thank you. I will do so. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Thank you. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back