• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The veracity of Death Battle.

Riiingo said:
True. They say it's official and that it's correct and no arguing. That's not a thing, human error and calculating can always be incorrect. Even over here we say that our fights aren't always correct, there is a lot of more and new info coming out.
I think the whole "end this once and for all" statement gets blown over proportion. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be just a catchy lead-in rather than "NO PERSON CAN ARGUE THIS EXCEPT FOR US." He's warned people not to take the show too seriously a number of times on twitter and acknowledged that new info could change how a fight goes in the future (barring GvS2, but that's more due to character misinterpretation).

WeeklyBattles said:
@Melee Wiz has claimed multiple times that he doesnt make mistakes and that the outcomes arent wrong...
Basically what Peter and Superman said. Ben stated that Wiz's character doesn't reflect his personality or views.

Yeah, both the lovers who blindly believe every verdict, and the haters who go to obscene lengths to discredit or voice their hatred towards them.

And when people started noticing the fact that they halved Goku's speed, the fanboys said "NO NO THATS AN EDITING ERROR IT SHOULDVE ACTUALLY BEEN LOWER"

l o l

I'm gonna have to remind you guys to keep the whole 'Death Battle wanks! Death Battle downplays!" thing to a minimum. Disagreements are fine, jokes are okay but any outright trashtalks will close this thread. Preferably, discuss how it'd be better instead.

On another note, I rarely ever watch DB soooo, is Wiz the guy who talks like a no-knowledge-on-the-material redneck? Or was that the other guy?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Boomstick is redneck with a boomstick, Wiz is the mad scientist that sounds like a high shcooler.
That's one way of putting it, lmao

I see. I only remembered to ask that as I remember the redneck guy talking on about how he wants his own hammer to smash stuff.

Thanks guys.

Ben Singer said that he was never wrong while not portraying Wizard, actually. If he would own up to his mistakes I wouldn't get so mad at him.

Joshua.foote.14 said:
Ben Singer said that he was never wrong while not portraying Wizard, actually. If he would own up to his mistakes I wouldn't get so mad at him.
Pretty sure he said that in a joking matter at a convention or video. He's said he's made a couple mistakes in terms of the editing, presentation, and measuring of some of the characters (i.e. Vegeta is stronger than what he appeared) on the videos, but the fact he keeps reminding people not to take the show too seriously should be enough. Admitting that the show got a verdict wrong probably wouldn't look good for the image, plus we know they handle vs debating a differently than we do, so they might not see certain criticisms as mistakes.

I'm not trying to be the Ultimate Death Battle Defender guys, but it just doesn't look good when you're focusing more on assumptions of character rather than debate the actual results. Isn't that what we're SUPPOSED to do?

The strangest DB will be always be Guts vs Nightmare to me. I don't know anything about both verses, but they literally said "Nightmare is stronger but Guts wins anyway".

It left me genuinely confused. That said, I like Death Battle a lot, and honestly most of the "strange" results are because they don't use power scaling or attack potency. Which is completely fine, because it's literally a matter of which is your headcanon for VS debating.

I respect their opinions, but when you don't use powerscaling or AP, you get crap like Piccolo being stronger than Whis or Wall level Boros. That method is very ridiculous in my opinion.

Ryukama said:
I respect their opinions, but when you don't use powerscaling or AP, you get crap like Piccolo being stronger than Whis or Wall level Boros. That method is very ridiculous in my opinion.

wait how do they not use that?

@Aqua I'm not sure whether or not Death Battle goes full out on the "only use feats" and Area of Effect. But when one does you get those same silly results I got.

Piccolo has a feat of busting the moon. Whis has no individual feats close to that level, therefore Piccolo is rated as stronger than Whis. <- No powerscaling.

Boros was hurt by Saitama punching him into a wall and the wall only slightly cracked, therefore Wall level Boros. <- No AP or AoE.

tbh While now we know Nightmare is Planet level, at the time they were correct. And tbh I loved the act that Guts won because I was butthurt at all the times he beat the crap out of me in Soulcalibur V. XD

I mean, the strange thing to me wasn't that Guts won, it was that they said Nightmare was stronger than Guts, then he won.

Their logic of Guts fighting demons like Nightmare on the time is flawed. However, the Dragonslayer argument was legit. Although both could've one-shot each other due to Durability Negation.

I am not ashamed to admit that I was very pleased by Guts' win even though, he probably shouldn't have won. Guts is one of my favorite anime/manga characters of all time

Jinx666 said:
Didnt much like Bayonetta vs Dante due to their severe lack of research, with Bayos stacked witch time and how Quicksilver doesnt work on boss characters that can be comparable to Gomorrah
How do you know?

Gargoyle 1 said:
Jinx666 said:
Didnt much like Bayonetta vs Dante due to their severe lack of research, with Bayos stacked witch time and how Quicksilver doesnt work on boss characters that can be comparable to Gomorrah
How do you know?
Do you play the games? Quicksilver never works on big boss characters and Dante cant use it, meanwhile Bayo can stack hers like she did to fight Sapientia or when she fought with Jeanne on that plane in the first game

@Jinx666

While I am very much FOR Bayonetta, you cant use game mechanics to justify Quicksilver not working on Bayonetta because she would be seen as a boss. unless there is an in-universe, in-story reason for it not workig that would also aplly to Bayonetta, you cant use that logic here.

Newendigo said:
The great ZZ said:
I thought wonder woman should have beaten rogue.
Against a mutant that can copy any ability she has by only touching her?
Given that Wonder Woman's much stronger than Rogue, punching her head off would come into play faster than her absorbing the ability.

@New WW would blitz her horribly and oneshot her so easily its not even funny, her absorption wouldnt even get a chance to come into play

@New Pretty much any version that besides AU would stomp Rogue w. Danver's powers and Golden Age and Post-Crisis WW would stomp Rogue w. Wonder Man's powers

Back