• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The veracity of Death Battle.

Joshua.foote.14 said:
To be fair Charizard was able to beat Greymon when he went mega...just not WarGreymon.
You mean that Charizard could won if he killed Greymon before he digievolve to War? Because the same can be said with Greymon killing Charizard before he megaevole to X.

@GKS Yang vs Tifa and Ratchet and Clank vs Jak and Daxter were both advertisement fights for the new season of RWBY and the Ratchet and Clank movie respectively

WeeklyBattles said:
@Huesito Nah the Power Rangers are gonna win prolly because of the new movie...not the first time theyve done a fight purely as an advertisement
The people was thinking that Link would win against Metaknight because the new Zelda on BDX. Even when they do not reasearch in that section they did, so we can't just assume that they will do that on PR Vs Voltron.

Well back then shadow was large planet level with ftl speeds. so not sure you can put that against them considering mewtwo was still dwarf star level with relativistic speeds and very good haxes. Besides there research on that one, but there is no defending the ganon vs bowser one.

Yep. Of course, someone told me that Zoro would stomp Erza...I don't see his logic. Erza did get downgraded a bit on her profile (which I suppose isn't a big deal) but I don't see how Pica was country level...by that logic he's about as strong as Donquixote Doflamingo which I don't agree on.

While technically DB was wrong on Shadow vs Mewtwo. Can't say I didn't love the fact Mewtwo won. Same with Yang vs Tifa....even though that one is so astronomically wrong it also hurts....

I don't see shadow brf before mewtwo does any of his haxes shadow wouldn't also go super of the bat. Talking about when shadow was large planet causes of course now he's multi solar system level.

I don't like the idea of using our own rankings to debunk that of Death Battle's.

Our rankings for characters are not definite, and they're subject to change via revision threads. Not only that, but they're made from our rules with our way of analyzing these characters. Death Battle clearly goes by different rules. And even Antvasima said that he doesn't think more than half of the wiki is entirely accurate.

That being said, there are many times that the result was so off that I cannot help but wonder if bias was thrown into it, because we never see the entirety of their research; just a summary of it. Like in Kirby vs Majin Buu; I do agree with the outcome, but both characters have been so horribly misrepresented and some of the points they bring up contradict things they've said in the past, like how the say Buu has never had to combat the speed of light, when in the past they calc'd Goku to be multiple times FTL.

But I don't like playing the "bias" card or just say "they're wanking". I prefer to provide reasons as to why I think it's biased wank/downplay, and I don't like how so many people on this wiki are so quick to arbitrarily point and call "bias".

"DB is biased towards Nintendo", which is why Pikachu totally curbstomped Blanca, charizard defeated Greymon, and why Mario and Luigi both defeated their rivals from SEGA, right?

"DB is biased against anime", which is why Guts was hopelessly defeated by Nightmare, Vegeta was slaughtered by Shadow, and why Tigerzord beat Epyon, right?

"DB is biased toward cute and cuddly characters", which is again why Pikachu beat Blanca, right?

"DB is biased towards DC", which is why Batman beat Spiderman, Deathstroke beat Deadpool, and why Lex Luthor beat Iron Man, right?

In all honesty that was such a one-sided match in Blanka's favor with the feats they used seeing as they only used a random Wild Pikachu. If it was Ash's Pikachu, things would be different.

Well technically if we go by how we scale FT we technically would have Erza still being High 7-A while technically Zoro was Mountain level with what they used. Yet no matter what Erza was faster.

To be honest, there are some good scalers in that community, however the thing is with the Goku vs superman it just showed they weren't good scalers (wiz and broomstick), their speed on Goku was halved, they acted like Goku had not gotten any stronger since the Cell Saga (no I'm serious they downplayed him to large planet level at ssj4 despite galactic level feats and scales). They wanked and downplayed superman too and made false rumors about him such as he had limitless power and he lifted the book. + they mashed different continuities of superman together. And they followed old formulas like newton's law to measure his durability and strength and saying his strength and durability are the same (that never happens, frisk was multiversal but has multi+ durability thanks from tanking goat hits) + the gero bomb.

The Kirby vs buu fight, I'm fine with the outcome due to Kirby having universal feats, but the way they represented them was cancer to my ears and mentality

But Pokemon vs Digimon was fine im happy they listened to that correctly

To me about DB some of you guys may or may not agree with me but the truth is DB does give real winners and yes they can make some errors but they still give us real reasons of how the character won the fight and I can't tell the difference between this and DB. Also yes their research over the characters are very good and they explain very well of how the character won and analyze them as well.

The problem is not that they give us reasons. It is that they omit certain feats for no reason. Downplay character feats at times and sometimes wank a character to the extreme. The problem is that they claim to be the ones who "settle the debates" when in fact they don't always do complete research. Even we don't believe everything we say is absolute. See our CRT's....

But they do research completely and they don't have to use all feats sense we already know them and the fact is they use the characters main feats in DB but we still get the characters already and Goku vs Superman was one that everyone argues the most

Gameboy08 said:
But to me and some that they do research completely and they don't have to use all feats sense we already know them and the fact is they use the characters main feats in DB but we still get the characters already and Goku vs Superman was one that everyone argues the most
How do you know everyone knows them? And I never said all feats I said certain feats. They have ignored many feats in the past because "they are not useful" yet in truth these feats could help. For example for Pikachu, they completely omitted stats from Ash's Pikachu. For Zoro vs Erza they still kept to Pre-Timeskip Erza. Heck if we want to be technical they didn't add stuff from Digimon Re-Digitize and Cyber Sleuth for WarGreymon yet they added feats for Charizards that weren't even Red's. See what I mean?

I feel they are somewhat picky with the feats they use. They do not show certain feats and show others that make the character look weaker.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Well technically if we go by how we scale FT we technically would have Erza still being High 7-A while technically Zoro was Mountain level with what they used. Yet no matter what Erza was faster.
Erza is not (much) faster given that both OP and FT have had recent speed upgrades. Also, at the time the DB aired, Zoro had better speed feats than Erza

Back