• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The veracity of Death Battle.

Fujitora's meteor calc wouldn't have mattered anyway because DB doesn't do powerscaling. Erza's meteor feat though, would have definitely granted her the win

How do you know everyone knows them? And I never said all feats I said certain feats. They have ignored many feats in the past because "they are not useful" yet in truth these feats could help. For example for Pikachu, they completely omitted stats from Ash's Pikachu. For Zoro vs Erza they still kept to Pre-Timeskip Erza. Heck if we want to be technical they didn't add stuff from Digimon Re-Digitize and Cyber Sleuth for WarGreymon yet they added feats for Charizards that weren't even Red's. See what I mean?

They didn't ignore all the feats what they did is they are using main feats like the characters impressive feats that is better than their other feats and DB has made real reasons and they know what they are doing.

Didnt much like Bayonetta vs Dante due to their severe lack of research, with Bayos stacked witch time and how Quicksilver doesnt work on boss characters that can be comparable to Gomorrah

"they are using main feats like the characters impressive feats that is better than their other feats"

Main feats. Meaning Wargreymon facing Lucemon in Re Digitize is not his best feat. Him beating a Universe level character is not impressive. WarGreymon X is not an impressive form either...

I will be 100% honest here. I like Death Battle, but they honest leave out important details to make a character seem to weak or too strong. They can reason all they want. If their reasoning is not sufficient then it matters not.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Main feats. Meaning Wargreymon facing Lucemon in Re Digitize is not his best feat. Him beating a Universe level character is not impressive. WarGreymon X is not an impressive form either...
I mean, they were clearing using Tai's WarGreymon, whose biggest actual feat (from memory) is making a mountain sized explosio in his clash with BlackWargreymon. Unless you want to bring up those possible 3-A feats in Tri 4 which I'm shocked no one has really brought up before...

And to be fair, though we do accept this Low 5-B feat, a lot of sites like DBFW and OBD don't accept it, which I can understand.

Interestingly, they omit feats and calcs to kinda-sorta equalize their (often) completely mismatched fights, but for some reason, noticably go the other way in both of their Goku vs Superman fights - overhyping Superman to the high heavens while downplaying Goku to ungodly levels. I think that is the most biased matchup I'd ever seen.

I mean, Gaara vs Toph and Bayo vs Dante were bad, but Supes vs Goku was just mean IMO

Also, anyone noticed how these used Peach's super strikers Move, but used none of those other Mario characters' ones, such as Yoshis or Luigis, just so Peach could win...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"they are using main feats like the characters impressive feats that is better than their other feats"

I will be 100% honest here. I like Death Battle, but they honest leave out important details to make a character seem to weak or too strong. They can reason all they want. If their reasoning is not sufficient then it matters not.
Well DB uses the characters maximum potential as in everything they have to battle against the other character. But you know what I mean about the main feats of the character

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Darkanine. Well at the same time they used Ash's and Alaine's Charizard on top of Red's.
I see.

I forget though, was Re:Digitized translated in English by the time the DB came out? I know it went a few years as just a Japanese release.

That said...if they used Alaine's Charizard, they should also logically use Ryo Akiyama's Agumon (it's still Tai's, but eh) as Agumon's top potential.

So is this page just to discuss past Death Battle results or something? Because there already was a usable Death Battle discussion page.

Also, if you disagree with a result, just explain why you think it's wrong and don't immediately assume bias was thrown into it. The only matchup where that's slightly justifiable was Yang vs Tifa. We don't know these guys' personal preferences, and overlooking factors and miscalculating is very probable in vs debates.

Gameboy08 said:
Well DB uses the characters maximum potential as in everything they have to battle against the other character. But you know what I mean about the main feats of the character
If they actually did that a lot of their fights would have very different outcomes...

If they actually did that a lot of their fights would have very different outcomes...

No your not making any sense DB can do as much episodes as they can but the main thing as what they are doing is using the characters main feats as in their most important feats than their other ones

Wow i never expecting so many people in one of my threads, is a miracle that someone didn't closed this yet. Kudos for everyone!

One of my biggest irks is the Knuckles vs DK fight... almost every other fight in their entire history uses essentially composite forms of a character, pulling from ALL of their various verses. But for Knuckles they completely ignored EVERYTHING from the comics and made him an idiot, which is seems like a surface anaylsis mistake. He is gullible but i wouldn't call him dumb. They oddly rnough used Boom Knuckles as a source for his intelligence yet failed to even note ANYTHING from any of the comics. It felt as ifit were deliberate, but its probably not.

I feel like the research for Bowser and Ganondorf was lacking, the curse Bowser got from Ganon acted like nothing like the one from OoT, not to mention they seemingly disregarded/forgot of Bowser's own powerful internal system to defend against stuff in Bowser's Inside Story.

And then there the Ol' NLF of "Only the Master Sword/Silver Arrows can kill Ganondorf"

I feel that that fight DB took the flimsest of research to put it in Ganondorf's favor.

^Didn't they do the exact opposite for Nightmare vs Guts? Like technically Soul Edge can only be defeated by Soulcalibur, but they(Like everyone) counted that as NLF. But then they allow it for Ganon....

Ganon's NFL didn't make sense, but Nightmare VS Guts made sense, as the dragonslayer does damage the astral plane, so it makes sense it could kill soul edge

I wonder if they have a revolving group of researcher they swap out for different episodes, which may explain the lack of consistent standards. But I dunno, I don't really follow DB a whole lot. Last match I watched was Joker vs Sweet Tooth, which was fun but mostly forgettable.

Really want them to use Merged Zamasu or Goku Black just so they have to fight off their own special brand of NFL.

AquaWaifu said:
One of my biggest irks is the Knuckles vs DK fight... almost every other fight in their entire history uses essentially composite forms of a character, pulling from ALL of their various verses. But for Knuckles they completely ignored EVERYTHING from the comics and made him an idiot, which is seems like a surface anaylsis mistake. He is gullible but i wouldn't call him dumb. They oddly rnough used Boom Knuckles as a source for his intelligence yet failed to even note ANYTHING from any of the comics. It felt as ifit were deliberate, but its probably not.
You know that the comics are non-canon right?

I will make a game.

Top 7 of BD's most hilarious moments, it's can be on the fight in questionor even in the reasearch.

You can put your own favorites down of this coment right now :D.

@Newendigo oh but them making note of the DKC 3d cartoon means its MORE canon?

or how Kirby vs Buu where the specifically called up a feat from the Kirby anime.

LOL Don't ask me that 'cause i don't even know what the heck they think sometimes. As like said, sometimes they do not specify the version of the character that they're using or using a compostive version (which is not the best idea).

I am uncertain if this thread is a good idea, or if we should close it. It could easily lead to community-bashing terrority after all, and it is important that we stay neutral.

@Ant

I'm looking at it every now and then, to check for any bashing of any sort. I haven't seen any yet so I let them discuss as they please, so long as they do it in a non-offensive manner.

Other staff seem okay with it too since they participate at times. Anyways, I'm closing this the moment it gets into attacking DB, which I don't see yet. Rather, they're discussing their observations of DB (e.g. I disagree with this, they left out that, etc. and they correct each other if seemingly needed), which I think is fine.

If you're still uncertain about it though, then I'm good with closing it.

Okay, as long as you keep an eye on the thread, it should be okay.

@Ant Well if this thread becoming to past the line with the criticism to DB, i will not stop you to close this.

Well, Gemmysaur said that he will keep track of it.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The problem is not that they give us reasons. It is that they omit certain feats for no reason. Downplay character feats at times and sometimes wank a character to the extreme. The problem is that they claim to be the ones who "settle the debates" when in fact they don't always do complete research. Even we don't believe everything we say is absolute. See our CRT's....
True. They say it's official and that it's correct and no arguing. That's not a thing, human error and calculating can always be incorrect. Even over here we say that our fights aren't always correct, there is a lot of more and new info coming out.

But that was bs putting Goku in large planet level and 2.2x SOL.

Back