• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Urban Jungle, Match 1: Spider-Man vs Jinx

TOURNAMENT MATCH CONDITIONS:
  • The match takes place in a city specified by the organizer
  • Characters will start outside the city and are given two days to prepare with limited information on the other's capabilities (appearance, dangerous abilities, immortalities, etc.) They will also be given full access to information about anything they can use within the city. After 48 hours, they must enter the city and confront each other at a landmark of OP's choice.​
  • Characters will be given their optional equipment along with their preparation​
  • The characters have a week to achieve victory​
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA
    • Additionally, any characters outside the chosen city will be considered removed from the battlefield and will be given one week to return before they're declared the loser of the match.​
  • Any further accommodations for unique abilities will be decided as the tournament gathers more participants​
  • In tandem with the above, rules will be adjusted accordingly as well​
  • Last but most importantly, anything within the city can be used to the character's advantage (e.g. a character can run to a nearby zoo to use its animals, a character can run to the nearby power plant for energy, etc.), so research is highly encouraged if you want to know what's available to your submission!​

Spider-Man - 0.91 tons
Jinx - 0.36 tons (Post Shimmer Key)

Both will confront each other at the rooftops of Armonia:
unknown.png

Last edited:
so what does she has Jinx? because Spider-man holds most advantages

great Ap advantage, massive lift strengh advantage so he can easily trap her with the webs, spider-sense let him dodge all her attacks and counter, and thanks to the terrain, Spider-man can easily swings around getting better movement

so unless a stomp i vote Spider-Man

so what does she has Jinx? because Spider-man holds most advantages

great Ap advantage, massive lift strengh advantage so he can easily trap her with the webs, spider-sense let him dodge all her attacks and counter, and thanks to the terrain, Spider-man can easily swings around getting better movement

so unless a stomp i vote Spider-Man
Jinx has:
-Comparable if not superior AP (Spidey is .91 tons, Jinx upscales massively from .36 tons [Specifically, Deckard was completely unharmed by that blast and he only had one weakened temporary dose of Shimmer, Jinx is permanently infused with half a dozen significantly more potent doses of Shimmer as well as being able to KO Vi who can casually stomp Chemtanks that have multiple doses of Shimmer as well as matched Sevika who infused herself with multiple doses of Shimmer])
-Her own brand of instinctive reactions, to the level of being able of fight people without looking at them while she was suffering from a state of severe hallucinations, which also lets her fight in pitch darkness and in smokescreens, as well as the ability to amp her speed thanks to her Shimmer infusion
-Enough explosives to level the surrounding area if need be which nulls spidey's mobility, as well as her patented mechanical firelights that fly after the target and swarm them before exploding en-masse
-Sleep gas that spidey doesnt resist

Would have appreciated a ping when this went up, or for yall to wait for an actual argument to be made before FRA spamming : T

Jinx has:
-Comparable if not superior AP (Spidey is .91 tons, Jinx upscales massively from .36 tons [Specifically, Deckard was completely unharmed by that blast and he only had one weakened temporary dose of Shimmer, Jinx is permanently infused with half a dozen significantly more potent doses of Shimmer as well as being able to KO Vi who can casually stomp Chemtanks that have multiple doses of Shimmer as well as matched Sevika who infused herself with multiple doses of Shimmer])
-Her own brand of instinctive reactions, to the level of being able of fight people without looking at them while she was suffering from a state of severe hallucinations, which also lets her fight in pitch darkness and in smokescreens, as well as the ability to amp her speed thanks to her Shimmer infusion
-Enough explosives to level the surrounding area if need be which nulls spidey's mobility, as well as her patented mechanical firelights that fly after the target and swarm them before exploding en-masse
let me guess stuff she doesn't have in the profile because you said it was outdated

let me guess stuff she doesn't have in the profile because you said it was outdated
No? Thats all on the profile, the only thing that was missing was some NPI stuff that she gets as a byproduct of Spirit Magic but it would have only been applicable against Josuke

No? Thats all on the profile, the only thing that was missing was some NPI stuff that she gets as a byproduct of Spirit Magic but it would have only been applicable against Josuke
sorry i meant the IR stuff, in her profile is only mentioned she has enhanced senses, not that too

that Spider-Man can easily dodge thanks to his own Spider-sense and IR

that Spider-Man can easily dodge thanks to his own Spider-sense and IR
How would that help with any of the stuff i listed tho? Spidey Sense and IR wouldnt let him dodge massive AoE explosions, homing danmaku, or the entire battlefield being blanketed in sleeping gas

How would that help with any of the stuff i listed tho? Spidey Sense and IR wouldnt let him dodge massive AoE explosions, homing danmaku, or the entire battlefield being blanketed in sleeping gas
you mean kinda like Green Goblin wich he beat in a match here?

What suit is Peter in for this match up because if he’s in the stark or bosco suit he can easily spam countless web combinations at her that would eventually overwhelm her, even with her instinctive reaction some of spideys web combinations home in on the target so that would be a problem for her even if she dodges

What suit is Peter in for this match up because if he’s in the stark or bosco suit he can easily spam countless web combinations at her that would eventually overwhelm her, even with her instinctive reaction some of spideys web combinations home in on the target so that would be a problem for her even if she dodges
This is TASM Spidey

As for Jinx’s arguments, they aren’t really that potent. Explosion/projectile spam isn’t even something that Peter’s had trouble avoiding before. He’s literally avoided that stuff in TASM2 and NWH. His mobility advantage wouldn’t be nulled so easily, especially given his great Spider-Sense and Perception Manipulation. Mix that with how he’s much more agile and Jinx isn’t going to be landing here wincons as easily here. I’ll admit that those instinctive reactions she’s got are pretty good, but Peter’s allowed him to effectively counter attackers in a very small space and even use the environment to his advantage without him even trying to attack the opponents. This was also without him even having fully grasped the fact that he had powers. What I’m trying to get at is that his instinctive reactions shouldn’t be sneezed at. It’s a lot more likely that Spidey’s taking down Jinx before she can maybe eventually overwhelm him with spam. Again though, he can avoid a lot of that AoE stuff

Voting Spider-Man FRA

I'm still waiting on more jinx arguements before I make a call

She can easily just shoot them out of the air, she has done so before and isnt a stranger to people that use restraint weapons to fight seeing as petrification grenades are commonplace in Arcane

As for Jinx’s arguments, they aren’t really that potent. Explosion/projectile spam isn’t even something that Peter’s had trouble avoiding before. He’s literally avoided that stuff in TASM2 and NWH.
My guy, a single of Jinx's explosives has a several dozen meter explosion radius, and she spams them. They are tens of times more potent than anything Norman has. He isnt dodging or avoiding anything.
His mobility advantage wouldn’t be nulled so easily, especially given his great Spider-Sense and Perception Manipulation. Mix that with how he’s much more agile and Jinx isn’t going to be landing here wincons as easily here.
Again, Jinx can just blow up the battlefield to remove that mobility advantage, use the firelights to prevent him from dodging, or just sleep gas him. Agility isnt helping him here.
Again though, he can avoid a lot of that AoE stuff
Scans of him avoiding something with the AoE of a skyscraper?

Simply put, Jinx hard counters basically every advantage that Peter has here. He can possibly win if he goes in for the kill immediately but thats not in character for him

Think I'll go with jinx because regardless whether she hits peter or not her attacks will literally levels Building after Building as she blankets the entire area in explosions that are dozens of meters in size if not bigger eventually and easily removing spideys mobility advantage and she's not opposed to destroying the **** out of a city she has no connection to

The longer the battle last the less this spidey keeps his mobility advantage

My guy, a single of Jinx's explosives has a several dozen meter explosion radius, and she spams them. They are tens of times more potent than anything Norman has. He isnt dodging or avoiding anything.
Odd that you're only bringing up Norman here, but I digress. Yes, a several dozen meter range explosion radius isn't really new to Peter, the dude has had to deal with lightning

A) He can tell when danger is about to occur well before it happens. That means that even with Jinx's greater range, he's gonna have a good portion of time to avoid that

B) Explosions aren't the only thing he's had to avoid. Thats a lot more range than what Norman has though...again, this is TASM Peter. Yeah, he beat Goblin on the wiki but why are you bringing him up...?

Again, Jinx can just blow up the battlefield to remove that mobility advantage, use the firelights to prevent him from dodging, or just sleep gas him. Agility isnt helping him here.
Blowing up the battlefield is definitely a problem, but this is also Peter we're talking about. He spends a lot of time staying above the ground. Most of his fight with Electro during their second battle is him remaining in the air and dealing with ranged attacks. That includes the fact that a lot of the higher vantage points were being wrecked. The guy can already outpace lightning and casually dodge it. He can even avoid electrical shockwaves and weave out of the way of several pieces of debris. Its not a stretch to assume he can deal with the speed of explosions. His Spider-Sense can also alert him of what he needs to know in the midst of tense situations. I'm not claiming that the explosion spam isn't incredibly dangerous. I just don't think you're really crediting that he's a lot more than an agile fighter. He's got a lot to back him up

Sleep gas is a wincon for sure and wrecking apart a battlefield is no small threat. Given the scenario though, being within a large city with plenty of explosions lighting up the area's also going to leave Jinx vulnerable to stealth attacks. I bring this up since TASM Spidey has some damn good stealth. Even while up close to a guy with enhanced senses. If he manages to land a stealth attack, its essentially over for Jinx. Given how much there's going to be covering up the scene after lighting up the battlefield, Spider-Man literally has a passive ability that will let him navigate through the smoke and flames. Jinx doesn't

Scans of him avoiding something with the AoE of a skyscraper?
While my example isn't specifically AoE, he can react to attacks coming from a significantly far range. Yes, this isn't an AoE example, but it is enough proof that he can

Both opponents do have good wincons here, I just don't think its as simply as "Jinx hard counters GG"

He can possibly win if he goes in for the kill immediately but thats not in character for him
He doesn't need to kill in order to rush in and incapacitate her

Last edited:
Odd that you're only bringing up Norman here, but I digress. Yes, a several dozen meter range explosion radius isn't really new to Peter, the dude has had to deal with lightning

B) Explosions aren't the only thing he's had to avoid. Thats a lot more range than what Norman has though...again, this is TASM Peter. Yeah, he beat Goblin on the wiki but why are you bringing him up...?
I mean i wasnt the one who brought him up, that was Axl in reference to this version of Peter having a win over Raimiverse Green Goblin in a vs thread here. Lightning doesnt have a several dozen meter area of effect so im not sure why thats a factor here.
Blowing up the battlefield is definitely a problem, but this is also Peter we're talking about. He spends a lot of time staying above the ground. Most of his fight with Electro during their second battle is him remaining in the air and dealing with ranged attacks. That includes the fact that a lot of the higher vantage points were being wrecked. The guy can already outpace lightning and casually dodge it. He can even avoid electrical shockwaves and weave out of the way of several pieces of debris. Its not a stretch to assume he can deal with the speed of explosions. His Spider-Sense can also alert him of what he needs to know in the midst of tense situations. I'm not claiming that the explosion spam isn't incredibly dangerous. I just don't think you're really crediting that he's a lot more than an agile fighter. He's got a lot to back him up
Speed equalization would effectively nullify this, as would stuff like her firelights as he cant really just dodge that
Sleep gas is a wincon for sure and wrecking apart a battlefield is no small threat. Given the scenario though, being within a large city with plenty of explosions lighting up the area's also going to leave Jinx vulnerable to stealth attacks. I bring this up since TASM Spidey has some damn good stealth. Even while up close to a guy with enhanced senses. If he manages to land a stealth attack, its essentially over for Jinx. Given how much there's going to be covering up the scene after lighting up the battlefield, Spider-Man literally has a passive ability that will let him navigate through the smoke and flames. Jinx doesn't
She does have that though? she has fought and reacted to attacks from people she couldnt see, attacks from within a smokescreen, etc. and has fought people while she was in the middle of a severe psychosis-induced hallucination.
While my example isn't specifically AoE, he can react to attacks coming from a significantly far range. Yes, this isn't an AoE example, but it is enough proof that he can
I mean sure, but Jinx is just as willing to use her stuff at CQC range, including her explosives

I mean i wasnt the one who brought him up, that was Axl in reference to this version of Peter having a win over Raimiverse Green Goblin in a vs thread here. Lightning doesnt have a several dozen meter area of effect so im not sure why thats a factor here.
Mostly just talking about the capacity to avoid attacks with greater range. Several dozens of meters is nothing based on what we have seen him dodge
Speed equalization would effectively nullify this, as would stuff like her firelights as he cant really just dodge that
Speed equalization doesn’t mean explosions become as fast as Peter. It’s not as if he’s gonna get blitzed by explosions, he’s outsped much faster projectiles
She does have that though? she has fought and reacted to attacks from people she couldnt see, attacks from within a smokescreen, etc. and has fought people while she was in the middle of a severe psychosis-induced hallucination.
She’s not helpless, but Peter’s stealth and ability to move through areas with his senses is far more proficient. Hell, he can literally do the same time of attacking people he can’t see thing. He’s done that in fact. Plus, like I mentioned, he could successfully remain undetected while right next to a guy with enhanced senses. Jinx can’t simply tag him effortlessly in a less visually comprehendible space
Jinx is just as willing to use her stuff at CQC range, including her explosives
Sure, but she’s more likely to get restrained or disarmed if she tries that

Mostly just talking about the capacity to avoid attacks with greater range. Several dozens of meters is nothing based on what we have seen him dodge
He has never dodged something with that much AoE before though? Like, ever? This is Andrew Garfield Peter remember, the one that fought Lizard and Electro.
Speed equalization doesn’t mean explosions become as fast as Peter. It’s not as if he’s gonna get blitzed by explosions, he’s outsped much faster projectiles
It does though? Speed equalization equalizes all speeds.
She’s not helpless, but Peter’s stealth and ability to move through areas with his senses is far more proficient. Hell, he can literally do the same time of attacking people he can’t see thing. He’s done that in fact. Plus, like I mentioned, he could successfully remain undetected while right next to a guy with enhanced senses. Jinx can’t simply tag him effortlessly in a less visually comprehendible space
My guy, she absolutely can, all of the fights i described were taking place the heavily crowded pipework nightmare that is the city of Zaun. Hell, Jinx even detected an ambush from a gang from hundreds of meters away amongst all of the background noise the city area she was in when even the world's greatest detective, who was standing right next to her, didnt hear anything
Sure, but she’s more likely to get restrained or disarmed if she tries that
I mean, thats unlikely? Jinx is no stranger to dodging hails of projectiles comparable in speed to Peter's, to the point of regularly shooting bullets and grenades out of the air, and she also has experience fighting people who use Peter's restraint projectile tactics

He has never dodged something with that much AoE before though? Like, ever? This is Andrew Garfield Peter remember, the one that fought Lizard and Electro.
You don’t have to tell me, I’m literally the guy who did a massive revision on his page. I think you’re downplaying his agility and dodging game here. He’s dodged several projectile moving in multiple directions before, it’s not like the dude has only sidestepped slowly out of the way of one projectile coming at him at a time.
It does though? Speed equalization equalizes all speeds.
Except it doesn’t. Attack speed doesn’t change and that’s something people tend to forget a lot
My guy, she absolutely can, all of the fights i described were taking place the heavily crowded pipework nightmare that is the city of Zaun. Hell, Jinx even detected an ambush from a gang from hundreds of meters away amongst all of the background noise the city area she was in when even the world's greatest detective, who was standing right next to her, didnt hear anything
The world’s greatest detective part doesn’t really mean anything here (unless said deceive has crazy good senses, it doesn’t say much), but the hundreds of meters enhanced senses range really should be expressed clearly on her page. Seriously, that’s a pretty good enhanced senses feat to list down. Peter still has much better stealth though so again, while those senses will come in handy, I can’t imagine she would easily snipe him as she would most of her opponents
I mean, thats unlikely? Jinx is no stranger to dodging hails of projectiles comparable in speed to Peter's, to the point of regularly shooting bullets and grenades out of the air, and she also has experience fighting people who use Peter's restraint projectile tactics
Maybe the standard tactics, sure. But she’s never dealt with people who can literally cocoon her in a material that easily restrains her with said fighter doing so with some pretty swift agile movements. Shooting bullets up close wouldn’t be a great move either. Peter’s literally dodged gunfire up close just by swerving his head around casually as early as the first movie. Jinx will definitely have more accuracy compared to most gunmen that have attacked Spidey, but it’s not as if he’s a sitting target up close

You don’t have to tell me, I’m literally the guy who did a massive revision on his page. I think you’re downplaying his agility and dodging game here. He’s dodged several projectile moving in multiple directions before, it’s not like the dude has only sidestepped slowly out of the way of one projectile coming at him at a time.
My mans, dodging is slightly leaning to the side to avoid an attack, you physically cannot do that with something that has a multi-meter blast radius unless youre teleporting. Dodging a projectile =/= dodging hundreds of explosions going off all at once in your face.
The world’s greatest detective part doesn’t really mean anything here (unless said deceive has crazy good senses, it doesn’t say much), but the hundreds of meters enhanced senses range really should be expressed clearly on her page. Seriously, that’s a pretty good enhanced senses feat to list down. Peter still has much better stealth though so again, while those senses will come in handy, I can’t imagine she would easily snipe him as she would most of her opponents
This is the same detective who could pick out a single person's footsteps out of a crowd in a busy metropolitan area just from the slight foot shuffling they were doing to try to cover up a wounded leg and who could snipe a glass tube hidden behind a plate of armor from hundreds of meters away with just iron sights on her rifle, yes, she has good senses.
Maybe the standard tactics, sure. But she’s never dealt with people who can literally cocoon her in a material that easily restrains her with said fighter doing so with some pretty swift agile movements.
She...has tho, thats what the Firelights' petrification grenades do, a single grenade can instantly encase a person twice jinx's size in crystal strong enough that they cant break out of it and that Jinx's weapons can barely scratch

My mans, dodging is slightly leaning to the side to avoid an attack, you physically cannot do that with something that has a multi-meter blast radius unless youre teleporting. Dodging a projectile =/= dodging hundreds of explosions going off all at once in your face.
You’re acting like all Spider-Man is doing is hopping to the left to avoid a bullet….the dude literally weaves his entire body while in mid-air, swinging and avoiding projectiles. Let’s also not forget that he doesn’t just have to dodge the attacks, he’s capable of outpacing much faster attacks
This is the same detective who could pick out a single person's footsteps out of a crowd in a busy metropolitan area just from the slight foot shuffling they were doing to try to cover up a wounded leg and who could snipe a glass tube hidden behind a plate of armor from hundreds of meters away with just iron sights on her rifle, yes, she has good senses.
Next time, bring up the detective’s feats. Not just “world’s greatest”. That is much stronger evidence since real world detectives aren’t exactly known for being enhanced senses Gods despite what animes may try to tell you. Regardless, those are good enhanced senses feats. I should bring up though that Peter isn’t all that different in terms of picking up significant details from great ranges. He could sense on coming danger from the Williamsburg Bridge while all the way at Gwen’s place before it happened
She...has tho, thats what the Firelights' petrification grenades do, a single grenade can instantly encase a person twice jinx's size in crystal strong enough that they cant break out of it and that Jinx's weapons can barely scratch
That’s how the grenades operate. Not the user. Sure, both focus on full body restraint, but the method and execution are far more different. Doesn’t matter either way, Jinx isn’t breaking out of that webbing

Reminder that all skill and such aside from dodging and so on the battlefield is actively getting more and more destroyed a pretty damn fast rate leaving spidey with less and less mobility

This is true, but we have seen Spidey is TASM2 outpace much faster obstacles with collapsing structures both on the ground and in the air. While this wouldn’t certainly not be something to take lightly, I don’t think his mobility is hard countered by it

Thinking about it a little more (lmao actually a lot more), and I concede. I think Spider-Man does have wincons, but reevaluating Jinx’s skill in marksmanship, she could create more issues for Peter than he’s be able to counter as often

Voting Jinx FRA

This is true, but we have seen Spidey is TASM2 outpace much faster obstacles with collapsing structures both on the ground and in the air. While this wouldn’t certainly not be something to take lightly, I don’t think his mobility is hard countered by it
Nah it's definitely not hard countered by it but dozens of explosions at least 10m in size going off at a continous rate overtime is bound to level the a pretty decent area, that's just where the main problem comes in Spidey benefits most if he can take Jinx out at a quicker pace moreso than if not

Back