• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The upcoming forum move

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
As part of the Versus Battles Wiki community, we too will be moving our forums to a new external website come April 15th. Any threads made after this point will not be carried over, so be sure not to be attached to whatever you end up making.

Aside from that, this means that in order to access the new forums, you should have a registered email associated with your account, so you can receive your login credentials for the new forums. In addition, you'll have to update any links you have to threads on your pages here to link to said external forums. Pages will be unaffected besides links to threads breaking.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble. Fandom's just sort of forcing us to do this, as VSB is much more like a forum than a traditional wiki. We're not quite the same, but none of us should have to suffer through the alternative.

I had a match I wanted to make but I guess I'll wait till everything is completed lol.

It'll be vsbattles.com

Blogs will be fine.

Thank you for the highlighted thread Promestein, but I don't think that we should have revealed the new address yet. Oh well, what is done is done. Please don't reveal the information required to watch the site yet though.

1. It's obvious.

2. No one can access it anyways so what does it matter.

3. They should know anyways.

Okay. I just hope that there won't be any disturbances for Community Hired in their setup work.

Here is the script: https://dev.fandom.com/wiki/WikiaNotification

There won't be any issues.

I'm fine with the announcements.

BlackDarkness679 said:
So links to matches to be updated basically? How you update them?
You will likely have to update the links with external links to the new forum. I cannot give specifics at this time as I do not know much.

There is an automatic redirect function that is easy to use to find the threads. The links have to be updated manually though, so it will be a big project.

There will be a much better search function than currently, yes. It is similar to the Narutoforums.

Well, I personally think that we are a rather harmless community.

To quote a post that I wrote in another thread:

First the forums will be backed up. Hopefully very soon. Then the backup archives will be sent to a programmer that helps us out. Then he will convert the information to a XenForo format. Then that will be sent to Community Hired. Then CH will install all of the discussion threads into the new forum. Then we will check that everything works properly, and set up the remaining appropriate settings. Then invitations will be sent out. And I will also have to check through the username invitation list along the way.

Also, this thread explains how to make sure you'll get an invitation email. You also need at least 100 VS Battles wiki edits. These can be gained by quickly editing your userpage there several times. You can write "1", "2", "3", or something similar.

Alright.

If you don't have 100 edits or more on VSB but wanna have access to the new forums please say something here to let me know.

Back