• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

I know it most likely is an actual shot, but I'm still holding hope that it's just one of those weird overstyled Koichi shot. And yeah, that is Truth.

So the final episode of Ultraman Trigger is out. Honestly it was just okay to me. Like I understand what they are trying to do with the smile giving him power just like Tiga did in the past. But I would've liked it more if they had shown this earlier on like how Tiga had entered a pseudo Glitter Form against Kyrieloid II thanks to the people. Also the part with Carmeara was better then I originally expected though so that's a plus. Still why is the water in the ocean so shallow. Also were they somehow able to stand on the water? So does this mean that Ultras have Water Walking? But yeah overall in the end I have to give Trigger a 6/10. I was hoping the finale would be amazing to increase it to a 6.5 but I guess not. The middle of the series was pretty damn good overall but the prologue and finale just kind of fell short.

But yeah onto the scaling. This episode confirms that Megalothor doesn't have the full power of the Eternity Core. Nobody ever managed to gain its full power. And huh guess it's confirmed now Trigger Truth is Multi Type Trigger + Trigger Dark and not Glitter Trigger Eternity + Trigger Dark. And huh is this the first time where the finale exclusive form of an Ultra is weaker than the final boss and had to gain a power boost to win? So the scaling is

Amped Trigger Truth > Megalothor 2nd Form > Trigger Truth

Agreed on pretty much everything, especially the part about being the people's hero as an established thing earlier. That came outta nowhere basically. Weirdly, you have a much more forgiving score on it, even my amused score gives it a 5 outta 10, and that was without ill intent.

Trigger Truth was weird, for sure.

So the final episode of Ultraman Trigger is out. Honestly it was just okay to me. Like I understand what they are trying to do with the smile giving him power just like Tiga did in the past. But I would've liked it more if they had shown this earlier on like how Tiga had entered a pseudo Glitter Form against Kyrieloid II thanks to the people. Also the part with Carmeara was better then I originally expected though so that's a plus. Still why is the water in the ocean so shallow. Also were they somehow able to stand on the water? So does this mean that Ultras have Water Walking? But yeah overall in the end I have to give Trigger a 6/10. I was hoping the finale would be amazing to increase it to a 6.5 but I guess not. The middle of the series was pretty damn good overall but the prologue and finale just kind of fell short.

But yeah onto the scaling. This episode confirms that Megalothor doesn't have the full power of the Eternity Core. Nobody ever managed to gain its full power. And huh guess it's confirmed now Trigger Truth is Multi Type Trigger + Trigger Dark and not Glitter Trigger Eternity + Trigger Dark. And huh is this the first time where the finale exclusive form of an Ultra is weaker than the final boss and had to gain a power boost to win? So the scaling is

Amped Trigger Truth > Megalothor 2nd Form > Trigger Truth
Yeah and the amped trigger truth is some how resemble glitter tiga in his final ep

Like glitter trigger truth ?

@Mr.Cutlery Honestly, you're right. 6/10 is kind of high for the series. Like this series never really had any really high points. The middle of the series were like the best parts of the series but even then there was no 10/10 episodes. The episode that was closest to a 10/10 was probably the episode where GUTS-Wing returned but that was more of a nostalgia factor. After that the best episode is probably the episode with Hudram's death it was I think also the last episode before the finale trilogy. But yeah I think if I don't count nostalgia factor only episode 22 was a 9/10 for me. Everything else was mostly just a 5/10 to 7.5/10 for me with a few 8/10 and 8.5/10.

So overall I guess I should probably lower the score to a 5.5/10 overall. If there was even one 10/10 I probably would've let it stay at 6/10 but sadly there wasn't. The only series lower than Trigger is Origin Saga which sits comfortably at a 5/10 because god does some of the writing in that series piss me off. Like Cosmos at least transform into Corona to save people for f*cks sake.

Last edited:
@Setsuna_tenma
Sigma grindset in action.

@Peter1129
Haha, yeah, Origin Saga really wasn't up to how people made it up to be back then. And yeah, 5.5 is still the best Trigger can get. The plus sides to Trigger is that, despite having boring characters, they were never forced into the spotlight out of nowhere and bog down the whole thing. Take RB for example, with Asahi's mini arc. But yeah, Trigger, ultimately, is fine.

Yeah pretty much how I feel about the series. But yeah after thinking about it a bit I guess this is how my ranking of the New Generation series are

Z > Orb = X > Geed >= Taiga > Ginga S > R/B > Ginga > Trigger > Origin Saga

9/10: Z

8/10: Orb and X

7.5/10: Geed and Taiga

7/10: Ginga S

6.5/10: R/B

6/10: Ginga

5.5/10: Trigger

5/10: Origin Saga

Edit: Changed Ginga S to a 7/10 upon further inspection

Last edited:
Z I don't even think I need to explain. It basically took everything good in the New Generation and combined it into one.

Orb has great story and characters but overall the plot wasn't anything too impressive. I kind of wish they expanded more on the prequel chapters for Orb since they sound pretty fun.

X is pretty much the closest the New Generation series were to feeling like an Old Heisei series when it first aired. The attack teams and stories each member had was really reminiscent of the Old Heisei days. Not to mention there's freaking Greeza!

Geed had a solid story overall and Leito's acting was honestly amazing. The only minus is that the fights were honestly way to slow due to all the slow motion and stuff.

Taiga is pretty much Geed with better fights similarly solid story. However, this time the characters weren't as great same with the acting.

Ginga S was actually much better than I remembered upon rewatch. There was actually quite a bit of solid episodes and a few 10/10 episodes along with a really hype finale with the fight against Vict Lugiel.

R/B suffered from a slow start and a kind of meh second half overall with Saki after getting rid of Aizen but it ended with a great finale. I just kind of wished they used Cereza/Aizen more and had him come back later on after realizing his mistakes on what a hero is.

Ginga is pretty much just the same as Trigger except the characters are much more fleshed out and the finale was a 10/10 for me due to how hype it was when Taro finally regaining his own size. Not to mention the whole battle going from Earth to the moon was cool.

Trigger I have already explained

Origin Saga let's just say too many characters making dumb decisions. The only saving grace for this series is Juggler and his interaction with Gai.

Last edited:
lets hope the next series continues with using their own power. I am getting kind of sick of using the other ultras powers. Its overused

Oh yeah another thing im curious about, in peter's blog it says that there's a bunch of text saying "3X baseline, 6X Baseline"
thats above baseline right?

I still don't know what layered reality means. And yeah, 3x, 6x baseline is indeed abive baseline. What, are people making higher levels in a tier as being harder than it is?

this what he said ( which i dont even fully understand )

"the baseline referred to in tier 2 and above it is the scale of reality

if reality is stacked with the reality that is superior

then people can dreaming/created it can stamp on top of the baseline

For example :

silversea in mgkf"

Not a burning hate, but I'd just prefer to stay away from that verse. Anyway, I didn't make any proper response. The way that's worded, I think it wants to say that at any level above baseline even in Low 2-C is of another magnitude and thus cannot be directly compared AP wise. But I still have zero idea on how to interpret that without much holes.

i was reading the tiering system and it went like this

"As such, it is not allowed to upgrade such a character based solely on multipliers. For example, someone twice as strong as a Low 2-C character would still be Low 2-C, and someone infinitely more powerful than a 2-C would not be 2-A."

wouldn't this just mean that some of the Ultra verse's above baseline be invalid because they scale from this ultra > this ultra ? ( CMIIW )

I'm still confused myself. Is the OP saying that a layered reality is what you need to jump tiers instead? If so then I kinda agree...?

Well, let's put it this way. One of us is probably confused, so let's get straight about the tiers.

It's possible to be countlessly to infinitely stronger than baseline and still remain in that tier, as it's not possible or logical to jump one tier up just because they're 2x stronger. If that were the case then a lot of Low 2-Cs with accepted multipliers would be well into 2-C or 2-B even. 2-C is in fact a good way to illustrate this as no matter how high your multipliers go, if your starting tier happens to be 2 universes, the baseline, you are only that amount of times higher into 2 universes' worth of AP.

I'm still confused myself. Is the OP saying that a layered reality is what you need to jump tiers instead? If so then I kinda agree...?

Well, let's put it this way. One of us is probably confused, so let's get straight about the tiers.

It's possible to be countlessly to infinitely stronger than baseline and still remain in that tier, as it's not possible or logical to jump one tier up just because they're 2x stronger. If that were the case then a lot of Low 2-Cs with accepted multipliers would be well into 2-C or 2-B even. 2-C is in fact a good way to illustrate this as no matter how high your multipliers go, if your starting tier happens to be 2 universes, the baseline, you are only that amount of times higher into 2 universes' worth of AP.
Ahh i guess i have an even better understanding of the tiering system because of this, thanks.

btw he also said that this is just higher and not above baseline

"this is clearly different, its like immunity and resistance.

higher / much higher still in the baseline the same level but his strength is different.

Above Baseline is whether it's a 2x, 3x, 4x etc. it regards the baseline layer as meaningless
"

oh yeah he also said

"more powerful than someone in the same tier wouldn't make you above the baseline of said tier"

Okay that's just stupid. That's literally how it works. How is it like an immunity or resistance? I'm assuming this is an offsite guy? Because I don't know under what system he works with if that isn't how it works.

Okay that's just stupid. That's literally how it works. How is it like an immunity or resistance? I'm assuming this is an offsite guy? Because I don't know under what system he works with if that isn't how it works.
yeah he said from The Strongest Wikia and a few other places

Actually that’s a good question. I don’t think I have seen any statements regarding it. And IF copying Max Blade is more of a quantity (Number) thing rather than quality (AP). Only reason it was more powerful than Max’s own version was because IF had already evolved and become stronger than Max at the time.

que-11151498036

Well i did found this said that

Acquire the ability of your partner to counterattack the attack you received. The more you attack, the stronger you become.

And in ep 15 of ultraman max it is said that it's absorb attack to grow stronger

I was actually hoping about the link that IF mimic twice as powerful as the original

Unless that is a false and it is only like Max power plus it's own

Last edited:
@Kamenriderblaze
Don't remember anything from a databook in the first place, but yeah, the episode is where most of the info comes from.

@Veloxt1r0kore
I'm more surprised you folks gave a more forgiving score because my 5 outta 10 is actually because of me finding total enjoyment despite Trigger's admittedly messy run.

Only a sandbox for now. Even then, I still haven't updated them in accordance to the new tiering, plus needing some proper reference for some powers like the Schtrom techniques' Deconstruction.

Anyone from Taiga onwards also doesn't yet have even a sandbox. I'm thinking of finishing up the Showa profiles first, continuing with Ace. Might also do sandboxes on some aliens like Baltan as well.

I keep forgetting to bring this up, but I think Zero's time resistance can still be upgraded, in Shining at least. His Base form resisted Bullton's 4D space for what looked to be extended periods of time, and once he turned Shining he practically ignored it, which usually means an enhanced form of resistance. So even without the countless x countless layer, we still have that much to give him.

Anyways finally have some time so I guess I'm going back to looking at the setting thread stuff. This time for Next, Nexus, and Noa.

A music soundtrack cd calling Nexus the latest and strongest giant of light. Basically more evidence for Tsuburaya treating each Ultra as being stronger than the last.

Junis Blue possesses power greater than Junis

The Evolthruster that Dunamists use has forcefield creation and teleportation

Next's Evol-Ray Schtrom destroys target at a molecular level. Since Nexus is an evolved version of Next this should also give Nexus molecular destruction.

Once again Junis Blue possesses power greater than Junis

All dunamist's possess the around the same level of power as Anphans Nexus

Found the full page of the statement where Junis being several times stronger than Anphans came from

Komon Nexus was able to deflect Zagi's Gravity Zagi thanks to the cheers of the people. Basically emotion amp allowed him to briefly reach 3-A lvls of power before transforming into Noa.

Meta Field explanation along with Chinese translation. Too lazy to translate the whole thing so here's the google translate version

In addition, the Meta Field created by Nexus is considered to be a boundary of discontinuous time and space created by the folds of the phases, and it is a warp space. If so, Nexus might have the power to control space and time. It is reasonable to think that he has the ability to move from interstellar distances of tens of thousands of light-years in an instant. Originally, the name M80 Nebula was like the birthplace of the original Ultraman.

Last edited:
What about Noa

I have heard something about ultraman Noa wing contain dimensional enegy or something

And i also heard that ultimate Noa realease the energy store in Noa wing

But nice info none the least

Back