• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread 4: Chant His Name!

Alright I’ll just go and check who evaluated the starry sky calc and ask them to take a look at the nebula calc.

Yep. I heard rumors that Max was also originally supposed to get a movie but because he wasn’t popular enough they didn’t give him one.

Cosmos’ movies are in my opinion the peak of Old Heisei and probably also the entire series. Like Cosmos’ actual series kinda dragged out a bit too much but you can’t deny that the movies are easily among the best of the entire series. Like personally I’d rank the Cosmos movies above Ultraman Gaia which is easily the best tv series of Old Heisei.

Cosmos is like the peak of entire heisei series right next with Gaia and Mebius, and yeah Cosmos movies are until these days the best among the best

Dspite being dragged too much, Cosmos was still relative enjoyable and the closure for Chaos header was still good

If ony Nexus got the same treatment as Cosmos tho

Yeah Nexus honestly could’ve been even better than Gaia if it weren’t for the fact that the final arc was cut and therefor the series had to get a rushed ending. But sadly that didn’t happen so I can’t even rank Nexus above Tiga or Mebius as I find it hard to rank an incomplete series above a completed one. For me the ranking for the Old Heisei series would be like this

Ultraman Cosmos Movie Trilogy > Ultraman Gaia > Ultraman Mebius >= Ultraman Tiga > Ultraman Nexus > Ultraman Max = Ultraman Dyna > Ultraman Cosmos

The overall quality of Cosmos was pretty good but I honestly feel like they honestly had way too many filler episodes. Which is understandable as apparently Cosmos was so popular his series got extended to 60 episodes when that wasn’t originally the plan.

Also does Mega Monster Battle and Zero’s movie and side story stuff count as Old Heisei? Or do they have their own transition phase in between Old Heisei and New Generation?

Last edited:
TsuPro seems to treat Zero as Old Heisei, but I personally feel that his series was the transitional void between it and New Generation.

Yeah Nexus honestly could’ve been even better than Gaia if it weren’t for the fact that the final arc was cut and therefor the series had to get a rushed ending. But sadly that didn’t happen so I can’t even rank Nexus above Tiga or Mebius as I find it hard to rank an incomplete series above a completed one. For me the ranking for the Old Heisei series would be like this

Ultraman Cosmos Movie Trilogy > Ultraman Gaia > Ultraman Mebius >= Ultraman Tiga > Ultraman Nexus > Ultraman Max = Ultraman Dyna > Ultraman Cosmos

The overall quality of Cosmos was pretty good but I honestly feel like they honestly had way too many filler episodes. Which is understandable as apparently Cosmos was so popular his series got extended to 60 episodes when that wasn’t originally the plan.
I even didn't think some of Cosmos episodes was a fillers lel

Speaking of Gaia, do you think the special episode where they fought Gakuzom should be a movie instead?

While the Gaia Again special was great, I think a movie could have worked as well, given the scale of the story they were telling. I mean come on, for what was supposed to be an epilogue dressed up as an extended episode, they sure gave it their all with how it ultimately ended up looking.

Battle in Hyperspace was good, but it honestly should've swapped places and be a 2-parter to properly cover both it's dimensional crossing premise and red ball story. And who knows, they could've struck gold with a Gaia Again movie instead of DtV. Probably could have bumped it up to Final Odyssey level. Then again, both were made the same year so we all know why Gaia and Dyna had lesser follow ups.

You're pretty much sum up my thought on Gaia Again and Battle in Hyperspace, there's so much potential they can expanded on that, and we still didn't see the true form of RDB

But overall this issue isn't just about Gaia but to the others Old Heisei sans Nexus and Mebius, for example who made Chaos Header in first place, Delasion? So many unanswered questions when we're young we neglected it but as we grow up, these things made us so curious

No new episode today but we did get a new episode of the Galaxy Rescue Force Voice Drama.

I’ll be honest I thought we would get confirmation that Izana is Amate’s mother but instead we got a lore expansion on the multiverse. So the Ultra Series Multiverse is actually above the normal Countless 2-B. We already knew from Revenge of Belial that the Ultra Series Multiverse is countless in number but here Izana says that there’s also countless universes that have branched off from the current ones long ago. So we basically have a multiverse with countless universes branching off of existing ones that are countless in number.
Also it seems like Tartarus will appear in a Ultraman Trigger Stage Show. Not sure if this one will be canon though. But if this is from the same EXPO as the Ultraman Taiga and Ultraman Z one than Part 1 of the stage show will probably be canon.

Last edited:
Does it still work that way though? If we're considering anyone to scale to it, I don't think that makes them higher than regular countless 2-B. But yeah, the lore expansion is nice. Pretty much also says regardless of timelines, each universes are already different given their branching histories and all that.

Not sure if it really adds anything so far, but the Special Episode has heavy indication or confirmation on my side that a strong enough light manipulation can allow Ultras to Dura Neg any beings of darkness.

But damn, where will it be placed if the stage show does end up being canon?

I assume it would make the cosmology a bit higher than normal countless 2-B. Since to my knowledge most countless 2-B verses are countless 2-B because of there being a countless universe statement. In the Ultra Series we just have a new statement about countless universes having branched off from the current countless number of universes. Which seems to be a bit more than normal countless 2-B.

We’re gonna have to wait and see when and where the stage show takes place. And if it’s canon.

Last edited:
Well I can comfortably say you’re not the only one. Quite a few people in both the Chinese and English fandom prefers Junis Blue over normal Junis. But yeah sucks that Junis Blue hasn’t appeared in ages. I don’t even think it has appeared in the stage shows in forever.

Also speaking of which it doesn’t seem like Spino is going to evaluate the Hudra calc anytime soon. So does anybody know any other calc member that can evaluate pocket dimension calcs? I was thinking I might try and see if Amelia Lonelyheart can evaluate it as it seems like she has evaluated some pocket dimension calcs in the past.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if he's done any dimension size calc before, but you might wanna drop by Jasonsith's. Or did he already left? I'm not sure. That said, I'm not sure who else can be asked from.

Alright I’ll try asking Jason first since he was online pretty recently.

Also I realized that it seems like Delacion’s statement about possibly creating the M78 Universe might be wrong. So I decided to see if anybody on the official translation thread will translate it. And the reason why I said it might be wrong is because Google translate said that Delacion outright created Cosmos’ universe and also the Land of Light in Nebula M78. So if this is true it would mean that Delacion is without a doubt At least Low 2-C and possibly 2-C as well for having created the Land of Light which might potentially include the universe it’s in.

Last edited:
Alright.

On Delacion, I did attempt to translate what it said on that scan. I forgot the whole thing, but basically somewhere along the lines of the universe is made up of or is composed of its will.

Ah, that. Well, going by those keywords, it does seem to suggest Delacion as the possible creator of the M78 universe as well. Just extra bit of confirmation.

So yeah. Kinda need somebody who knows Japanese to translate it and find out whether or not it said Delacion created both Cosmos’ Universe and possibly M78 Universe as well. Cause if it does indeed say that than welp Delacion is now confirmed to be the true god tier of the series and above even King, Noa, and Legend by quite a large margin.

Btw a preview of the Ultraman Trigger stage show just came out.

Apparently this stage show is called Ultraman New Generation The Live and is Part 1. The previous two canon stage shows were from EXPO The Live and also had two parts with one part being canon and the other part non canon. So I guess there’s a chance that this stage show could be canon as this is part 1which is normally the canon part.

Felt really weird to see Grigio along with TDG. Is she popular or just because tsuburaya need at least one girl so they don’t get accused of sexism by worldwide audience ?

Neither and at the same time, yes and no to the first one. If I'm not wrong Grigio is pretty popular in the Japanese side so that, along with her idol potential is why she's there I reckon.

Raw of this stage show has been released. Actual video starts around the 12 minute mark.

And yeah this stage show is Ultra Heroes EXPO not EXPO The Live and there’s the 4th wall breaks of them asking the audience for the Ultra Charge thing so I’m now 100% sure this isn’t the canon stage show for Ultraman Trigger.

With the changes done to the Conceptual Manipulation types, I might start gathering more info on what we already know about the ideas of Light and Darkness.

For now all I have is from The Ultimate Hero, with Powered's statement.

Then a bit more from the info I've seen on Tiga and Dyna which had a statement along the lines of, "Compared to the infinite universe, humans are a small existence, but everyone has a Light which can light up that universe", which seems to state the more supernatural aspect of what seems to already be a universal phenomenon.

Lastly the Blue Shadow novel might also be helpful, but so far the best I remember is that Tregear wonders whether their light and darkness are really that integrated into the flow/cycle of the universe.

So basically, if this gets accepted, we'll be looking at casual and combat applicable CM Type 3 for all relevant characters.

Sounds good to me. Also that reminds me I should finish the Ultra Physiology page.

Also I did some research on the stage shows. And so far the confirmed canon stage shows (The one with the Tri Squad formation and the Geed meeting Z one) are called Ultraman Taiga/Z Stage Show EXPO THE LIVE. And both of them came out in May the Taiga one on May 24, 2020 and the Z one on May 8, 2021. So the next few stage shows that come out are probably gonna be non canon just like the one that came out last week. The only canon ones are Part 1 of the stage shows named after their respective series that comes out in May after said series have finished airing. So the next canon stage show probably won’t be coming until next year May.

Last edited:
I decided to make profiles for the Super-Dimensional Eradication Bomb, Hudra, and U-Killersaurus as they are important to the scaling of the series. How do they look so far. Anything I need to change?

I'm also working on the profile for the Reionics. Currently I'm working on Rei. The profile in the sandbox is currently based on the Pokemon trainers page.

Last edited:
Isn't there a format for weapons profile? The Bomb can be changed into that, plus spatial, time and quantum manipulation added into its p&a. The AP justification could probably be changed a bit as the narration seems a bit off to use somewhat, I'll see if I can come up with anything. I don't see any problems with the others.

I just based the bomb after this bomb profile. And yeah I didn’t really know what was a good AP description for the bomb so I just wrote the narration there as a place holder. If you can come up with a better description feel free to write it onto the sandbox. And yeah I was wondering what abilities I was missing for the bomb. I’ll add those onto the p&a if you haven’t already done so later.

Btw do you know what tier Rei would be by himself? Cause like wasn‘t he able to fight aliens even without turning into Reimon? And aren’t aliens in the Ultra Series much stronger than normal humans or something?

Last edited:
Alright.

Not sure where the aliens would be at exactly, but they are far stronger than humans, yes. At least 9-C, poasibly higher might work for now.

I guess he does qualify. And yeah, we also have aliens that can one-shot people or take them on in large numbers, plus maybe some furniture breaking or wall cracking feats somewhere, and it's ridiculous to not think they scale given its consistency. So yeah, 9-B is fine.

Looks good. Maybe add resistances to Biological, Mind, Madness and Soul Manipulation due to being able to resist his natural instinct in fighting against other Reionics.

Alright.

Also what do I put for the speed and lifting strength? Cause I'll be honest I'm still kinda wondering if monsters that don't fight in space should have Massively FTL+ reactions. Cause its like they somehow get slower whenever they fight on a planet. And I also don't know what lifting strength they currently scale to.

As for LS, I guess if it's before Zero, they probably scale to Class M, Class G anywhere post-Zero. I'm also unsure about Speed. I guess we can make exceptions for this Era in particular, and find speeds as shown in the series? Or maybe just ignore the details and scale as usual.

Alright so Class M for the monsters Pre-Zero. And I guess for Rei and Reimon I just put Class 1 by default for him being superhuman. True I guess we can just worry about the speed stuff in the future.

Btw where's your inner light blog? I don't see it under your blogs. I was thinking about linking it onto the Ultra Physiology sandbox I made as the reasoning for the Inner Light resistances.

You should probably publish the final draft as a blog. Since I think that's what is considered publishing it on the site right? But yeah for now I'll just link your sandbox.

Back