• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Two Crazy Students (Swords Vs Screws)

It's not just with magic. His luck works in other areas to make him escape.

Nagi Arisui doesn't have probability involved in his skill, yet as soon as she shadow binded Amane, there was a momentary blackout (which renders his ability ineffective) and freed amane.

Ikki literally walking doesn't require much probability yet he was still slipping.

It also doesn't help that Kumagawa himself said that he shouldn't be reckless with All Fiction.

Don't mind me im just clarifying not voting, im still in my mental breakdown from this fight

From the way you are wording it, he WAS actually shadow binded and then it came undone. Meaning the ability can totally come into effect. Which means very bad things for him if he gets book maker-ed or Kumagawa decides to be more proactive with his All Fiction, not to mention we still have no reason to believe Nameless Glory would work on actions that happen in the erased time. Or rather, a blackout is a totally likely occurance no matter how unlikely, but what outside factor do you see stopping All Fiction?

It doesn't matter that the probability isn't much, Ikki can still slip just as Shizuku ****** up her magic control despite being stupidly capable of it. These are processes made to achieve a result, that being walking or using her magic, but what happen when the only process is a thought from Kumagawa, something Nameless Glory has never shown to affect? But nobody seems intent on answering this.

I mean he did pummel Utakata Misogi who does something very similar to Kumagawa, but ok. There is also the fact that as i said, Kumagawa himself admits that he can mess up with All Fiction.

And about the time erasure, it's rather futile, as Amane being lucky doesn't stop when time is stopped.

No, he says is better that he doesn't mess up or he may accidently kill everyone more or less. But that has more to do with the fact that he must choose what to erase carefully - its still totally thought activated.

Yes Earl, the fact he has never been time stopped and his ability still works means Amane can't deal with stuff in time stopped. Unless you are gonna tell me in an hypothetical scenario where his shadow gets binded during time stop, the lights go off still... despite time stop. Or that the character's action would be affected, when Nameless Glory has never been shown working in time stop.

He still mentions the possibility of failure. Something Shizuku or Kiriko don't even take into consideration. The chances of him making a mistake are still rather huge.

Also the possibilities are literally endless considering as they said "the human body itself is full of uncertanities". He could get a headache, get distracted, if anything him literally going for bookmaker could end up with him performing sudoku by slipping and falling on his own screw.

And again, time stop doesn't somehow remove the chances of failure from Kumagawa, they all still exist and considering the luck differnce between Amane and Kumagawa they're gonna be huge. And as i said Supernatural Luck is a passive trait.

What you don't seem to understand and what I am asking is, what makes the mistake? Which process? The only process that Kumagawa undertakes for using all fiction is a mental one, something Nameless Glory has never affected, it has never just made people decide that Amane wins and changing their thoughts. A thought based power would remain unaffected.

So... the same Kumagawa that keeps on fighting and being his jolly self despite getting pulverized or a whole arm trashed into near non-functionality would be stopped by that much? I doubt it. And something like that happening would still need Nameless Glory working in any action of erased time.

Supernatural luck would also not work in time stopped unless it has been shown to... how hard is this to get? And since when is supernatural luck different from Nameless Glory? You can't say one isn't working but the other is when they are both the same. And if they weren't the same, luck doesn't keep working because "luck" in stopped time. Are you actually listening to yourself?

Yet somehow it has only affected actions and not thoughts in battle? Doesn't sound combat applicable.

I don't see why Kumagawa wouldn't use one of his most common tricks.

All the good grace and contrived coincidences in his life is because of his ability but he has high luck unrelated to his ability? Uhhh... I am not sure how that works. And luck still doesn't matter in stopped time unless we've seen it work before.

Considering making people slip is similar and the fact that it's impossible to know whether someone's thoughts are getting affected i wouldn't be so sure.

Cus of the as i said, decision change from Nameless Glory. Besides Nameless Glory affects fate, i don't see why your argument even exists when Kumagawa is affected by fate.

Depends. Nameless Glory is the ability which grants him any wish. Luck is just his criterria. All blazers have criterrias:

Physical

Luck

Offense

Defense

Magic Cap

Magic Ctl

Amane's luck criterria is S which is the highest criterria ever seen in the series let alone luck criteria (cus the highest normally should be A).

I am very sure however, especially when there's nothing to indicate that and by consequence the assumption is void. The fact Ikki just kept outskilling the errors by fixing them contradicts it too. Sounds more like an invisible hand gently pushing him around as he fixes the mistakes than his brain signals being hijacked and him overpowering it or reacting right away to do the correct movement right after.

Irrelevant when its never been shown used in combat. Being able to affect fate doesn't mean it can work in erased time, I don't even know what's your argument anymore.

Whatever do you mean by Criteria? And no, you can't decide that this luck which we don't know what it does and which has never been shown to work on erased time is gonna work on erased time.

He fixed all that through muscle memory not brain control but ok.

Nameless Glory exists as passive for 2 wishes doe. For him not willing to fight (win without fighting) and for everything to go well for him. It'll be there before the erased time.

Literal criterria. Boyo. Ikki Kurogane has the criterrias in his profile, the rest don't but you can figure it out. Also im pretty sure logically "luck" doesn't just stop existing cus time is stopped, as in we don't assume that.

Being there before erased time only matters if it can do anything, and I see no way it can do anything to All Fiction, which is what allows erased time. And he also can do nothing to muscle memory? Oh boy.

That. Literally. Explains. Nothing. Do you mean criteria to get a specific rank as a mage? Criteria for Noble Arts? Criteria would denote it serves as literal criteria to something is what I meant.

... Something being passive doesn't mean it works in Stopped Time. Seriously Earl, what in the hell are you talking about?

It can do anything, as i said it can affect decisions. It can make it so that Kuma doesn't go for erased time. Also he cannot do anything to Ikki's muscle memory apparently which works the instant his body fails.

Criteria as in "stats". I literally gave you an example my dude. Stella who has magic power over 30x more than the average blazer, has a magic criteria of F. Ikki who has magic 1/10 of the average blazer has a magic criteria of F. The criterias show how much of something someone has. Amane has the only S rank criteria in the whole series (luck).

I'm pretty sure supernatural luck does work in stopped time, however im not sure. Some things do not need "proof" of existing in stopped time, we don't say "prove he can exist in stopped time" or "prove Nihilus' mind hax works in stopped time". Just cus it's erased time doesn't mean all get negged some get a free pass, i think Luck is one of those, however im not sure.

Earl, we see many ways in which Nameless Glory changes things to Shinomiya's favor. MANY ways, none of them relied on changing an opponents thoughts to not let them use powers or make them give up the fight or fight differently. That's non-combat applicable mindhax.

You do know what Criteria means, right? Calling them stats is much less confusing. "Literal criteria" sounds like actual criteria for something, not stats.

Where have you ever seen this? Luck being something abstract doesn't mean it works in stopped time. If it does, it either has done so in the series or the stopped time lets stuff like that work. Its never assumed it just does. Just refer to what Oven said, and that's not just mind hax.

It has as i said affected decisions before, and Shizuku even deterred from using her best move due to being affraid that it would fail. It's not mind hax, it's fate hax altering stuff so that Amane's wish remains absolute. If Amane says "i want to win", Nameless Glory "will" make it happen. So unless your skill is good enough to disregard fate and probability you'll get nailed by this.

They're called "criteria" in the series, i was using it's words.

It's not even stopped time, it's erased time. Time still flows, he just undoes it. Call me when it's an actual time stop.

And it hasn't affected any for the purpose of battle, which is what you don't seem to get. Not to mention, doesn't Shizuku's best move mean death if she screws it up? Sounds like common logic to me.

In functionality is the same. Call me when Amane's powers have worked in erased time, which you have failed to do repeatedly. You went from passives working on stopped times to this, are you argumenting or just plainly not wanting to agree?

That's what I was also arguing agaisnt. We never see what this luck does unrelated to Nameless Glory does and he has never affected thoughts to make a battle go his way, so interfering with a thought based power is a stretch.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
That's what I was also arguing agaisnt. We never see what this luck does unrelated to Nameless Glory does and he has never affected thoughts to make a battle go his way, so interfering with a thought based power is a stretch.
Technically he does affect thoughts by lowering probabilities of making things right. Example, when he made Shizuku f up her magic calculations. But yeah as i said, i was just explaining Amane's whole abilities. Rn it's just a battle of:

Amane's luck makes Kumagawa's All Fiction (Kuma erases something else by mistake).

or

Kumagawa eraes time.

Firephoenixearl said:
Hmm fair enough.
Well that's all i had to explain for Amane. It's:

Amane's luck makes Kumagawa's All Fiction (Kuma erases something else by mistake).

or

Kumagawa eraes time.
Kumagawa already stomped multiples Abnormals who have super natural luck already .

wich mean that he should be able to counter that to an extent

Back