• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Truth's Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person who has watched and read FMA, Truth was just a character that was shown several times that interacted with Edward. No feats really shown, he/she just remained there and was a vague character altogether.

Cropfist.

The truth is everything and nothing, so questionably omnipent? The truth is the wind you breath in your lungs, the earth you stand. Space, time, god, it does not matter the truth is them all and the truth is you.

The easiest way to say this is the truth is the personification of everything. Not just in one universe, but in paralell universes to. We have seen this, when Elric was sent to another world in a different timeline.

There is one being that you can compare truth to and that is Akasha in the nasuverse. Honestly there is a reason we set truth at UNKNOWN. Too much headache

I want to mention that Elric being sent to another time happened in Shamballa. Therefore it does not count as main canon within FMA, as the story branches very differently from the 2004 version and Brotherhood.

Since no time was mentioned in Truth's abilities within Brotherhood as well as the manga, he was only shown to be present within the Brotherhood universe.

So, should Truth get an Unknown rating, instead of the one that it has currently?

In Truth's profile it states that he is known as the "universe" as well as having true knowledge. I think the rating we have for Truth is sufficient.

Hello. I am a big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist, and I disagreee with rating it as Unknown.

Firstly, Truth is a conceptual being that embodies basically everything in existence. It is every single human, every single thing, every concept, and the entire universe. It is clear that it is Omnipresent, and I think it should also be Low 2-C, as by definition both space and time are part of it.

When an Alchemist attemps Human Transmutation, they always find themselves before The Gate, and meet their perception of "The Truth", who more or less punishes them for attempting to break the Law of Equivalent Exchange. They are pulled into the gate, and are exposed to "pure knowledge about the world, the universe, alchemy and everything" and they break down, becoming one with the flow of everything. How much of said knowledge they are exposed to varies on the sacrifice the Alchemist gave, and since said knowledge is a part of "The Truth", it is clear that it is Omniscient.

Also, "The Gate" is different for every person, as it is the representation of their Truth and their understanding of The Truth. For Edward Eldric, The Gate was engraved with an image of the Sephirotic Tree of Life and held all the Truth about Alchemy. Basically, inside that Gate was all knowledge about Alchemy and all Alchemic Power, and that too is part of The Truth. When he gave it to The Truth, Edward becase simply incapable of using Alchemy ever again.

In Chapter 104, it is revealed that Planets and Stars also have their own Gates of Truth, as they are "living beings". This likely extends to even greater things, such as galaxies and even the entire universe.

Also, God Father should be Possibly Planet Level, as he absorbed what lied beyond the Planet's gate, which would logically be all that made the Planet's truth and being.

This would be The Truth's new stats:

Tier: Low 2-C

Powers: Reality Warping, Omnipresence, Omniscience, Immortality (Type 1,3, 4 and 8), Space-Time Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Life and Death Manipulation, Concept Manipulation

Attack Potency: Universe level+ (Everything that exists, including the whole universe is a part of The Truth)

Speed: Omnipresent (Is everything that exists, including every single person, every celestial body, the entire universe and concepts)

Intelligence: Omniscient (Holds infinite knowledge on everything, as the absolute knowledge that exists beyond every being's Gate of Truth is part of The Truth)

I suppose that "Unknown. Possibly Low 2-C" seems reasonable.

Whether we should use "Possibly" or "Likely" depends on how much proof that we have available.

The Universe is literally a part of Truth. Isn't that proof enough?

"Who am I? One name you might have for me is The World, or you might call me The Universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am all and I am one, so of course this also means that I am you."

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back