• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The True God of High School - Ikki Kurogane vs Mori Jin

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Mujin Park sat in his office, his assistant, Commissioner P, by his side. Below him was the start of a match between Team Korea and Team Japan; both eyeing for the title of God of High School.

"Who do you think will win?" Mujin asked his assistant.

"Both teams seem to have their one ace in the hole."

"Yes... Ikki Kurogane, the "The Uncrowned Sword King", and Mori Ji, "Jaecheondaeseong (The Monkey King). Two kings battling for the chance to be a God. Now this will truly be a match to remember..."

SSSAF Arc Ikki and Chapter 3 Mori. Speed equalized. Win via SBA.

IkkiKuroganeNovelRender
JinMo-Ri

This was a long time coming my friend. There will be more to come.

You probably want to mention that this is "not Desperado Ikki". Cus SBA says it is otherwise. ANYWAY!!!

This will be mostly a battle of skill. Jin has a slight AP advantage, nothing too great, Ikki has his forms and speed advantages with his forms.

Ikki Kurogane:

• Phantom Form for 1 shots and would nullify Monkey king mode.
  • Blazer traits giving him inate resistance to physical attacks, which means more durability.
  • Unbreakable sword
  • Speed advantage in everything besides monkey king mode
Jin has:

• AP advantage
  • Speed advantage only in Monkey king mode
Next comment will be debating skill, which is the part that actually matters.

>Does Ikki start in Phantom Form?

>That's nice and all, but that still won't help against durability negating attacks like acupuncture.

>Yeoui weighs as much as a large planet and has 4-B durability thanks to tanking attacks from the Gods.

>Base speed is equalized and Mori is just as likely to use Monkey King Mode as Ikki is to stat amp.

Also Jin has other advantages like experience, accupuncture, Re-Taekwondo, power mimicry, and adaptation.

>Yeah, we've been over this, he would start in phantom form if he doesn't want to hurt his opponent.

>It does actually, but the problem is that it's not that great of a defense, it's just minor defense preventing one shots. However what does help against acupunture is his body control which is on a celular level.

>Weight won't really break Ikki's sword if that's what you meant, but 4-B durability makes it unbreakable Unless we give ikki desperado and he conceptually slashes it

>Didn't you say it's not too much in character? Ikki's ittou shura and rasetsu are used more sooner than later. Not to mention Ikki's precog will tell him if he needs to use ittou shura, and as you said Monkey King form is not a 100% surefire move, Jin is more likely to fail at transforming.

>Experience. Not really. Ikki grows at several decades every instant. He has reached the peak of what this world would allow him. Experience is not an argument when Ikki trashes experience on a daily basis, we'll debate skill below.

>Accupunture. Depends he can't use accupunture with his staff, and without his staff, so much as a graze would render his body useless. Not to mention precog.

>What's this? I forgot

>Power Mimicry, Ikki has this but far better.

>Addaption....meh. Not much to addapt. But Ikki has reactive evolution and reactive power level for as I said above evolving several decades every instant.

I'm just gonna list stuff Mori has and does and let people form their own opinion.

Skill:

We've been here before so I won't beat around the bush. Mori casually copies attacks that took other people years of their life to master. He can adapt to martial arts techniques and has been known to come up with his own brand new techniques to counter them mid battle.

Re-Taekwondo is a martial art that Ikki would most likely not be able to copy. It took a boy with Precognition an entire day to master a single kick perfectly, seeing into his own future to copy the kick exactly as he saw it, and he still lacked the proper knowledge on how to effectively utilize Re-Taekwondo. 80% of the Korean military that practiced the art exploded from the sheer force of the art, and the art has been stated to be solely used for Taejin Ji's body.

Bongchim Nah Style Acupuncture is something Ikki definitely can't copy, as it requires you to be somewhat divine to be able to use it. To use it (as a mortal) you have to consume a Divine Pellet. Bongchim Nah, the guy who created the art, spent years in closed practice just to be able to consume one Divine Pellet. It almost killed another guy who ate it, had he not been healed by dragon tears.

Accupuncture can boost Mori's own speed and AP and can make Mori feel no pain. In addition to that, people hit by accupuncture can't heal normally. Nanotechnology and Borrowed Power healing can't cure someone hit by acupuncture. Mind you, Borrowed Power utilizes the soul of a person, so take from that what you will. Acupuncture can also paralyse the opponent.

Also also, the argument that armour will make acupuncture useless is moot when you realize the only time it didn't work was on someone who's body was made up of the strongest material in both heaven and earth.

Arsenal:

Yeoui weighs as much as a large planet and has 4-B durability from tanking attacks from Gods. While it can't be used effectively without turning into his Monkey King Form, Yeoui still weighs the same and dropping it on Ikki is an instant K.O.

Powers:

Monkey King Mode, can and will one-shot. Mori isn't even hesitent to use it. He's used it whenever he wanted to get rid of a bunch of opponents at once and he's not foreign to the thought of spamming it. However, here he's not fighting many people at once so I think he's less likely to use it. But he will most definitely use it if he feels like he's being overwhelmed.

Also Monkey King Mode allows him access to Geundoowun, which has massive AoE so Ikki being invisible doesn't matter.

Skill:

Ikki can do all those but better. He can copy techniques which cannot be replicated even by the biggest prodigies while being unconscious. He can also copy techniques he cannot even perceive in a literal intstant (like trackless step). Addapting yeah, i've brought this up, ikki vs stella was addapting so much he developed several decades in an instant.

He can copy it no problem. I do not see how the guy with precog has copying abilities anywhere near Ikki, so that's a moot point. Ikki copies things that aren't even martial arts without needing to perceive them. It'll be easy to do that too.

Here i need some context. Why can't anyone not divine copy that? Was it ever explained?

Yes, but like celular level body control, he'll not mind care about it much. He has fought paraylsis before.

Armor? Ikki has no armor. He does have his sword to block, if need be though. And blocking means rendering Jin's arms useless.

Arsenal:

Omega senses, will tell him to dodge and use Edelweiss Sword play to instantly get outta there. But like, doesn't using the staff make Jin slower...logically? Cus that means ikki insta incaps.

Powers:

Unless he attacks the sword, then he self nukes himself. Ok but like he won't have a chance to use it if being overwhelmed. Omega senses and perfect vision. Ikki will ittou rasetsu the moment he's about to use it ending the fight.

I mean, it's not like he'll need it, but ok.

The issuse with copying Re-Raekwondo is that using it puts a strain on the user's body, unless you're Taejin, Mori, or a literal God. There's a reason why people exploded when they used it. Ikki has nowhere near the proper physique to use the martial art properly.

Acupuncture required users to consume a Divine Pellet or be divine to use. And after that, you need to know where the proper meridian points are; something Ikki can't possibly know without reading Mori's mind.

Acupuncture doesn't just work on a cellular level. There's a reason why Borrowed Power healing doesn't work.

If one of Mori's arms becomes useless, he can just use acupuncture to restore it. Plus, a weaker clone was able to fight a God without arms or legs. Getting rid of his limbs won't change much.

It doesn't make him slower. It works like Thor's hammer sorta. You have to have to have Mori's level of lifting strength to carry Yeoui and Mori can swing it around effortlessly.

Monkey King transformation is nigh-instantaneous. Mori Hui's Monkey King Mode activated the very instant Samuel's bat slammed into his head. Mori Jin should be faster than that.

Mori does whatever he must to win. That's his whole character. If he has to nuke the entire arena to do it he will.

He doesn't need it either way, no use trying to argue again.

Ok but why do they need a divine pellet or be divine to use it?

If his arms become useless they become useless, explained in discord why. Acupunture won't wake them up. Also Ikki is >>> Jin in terms of skill. Losing a limb is not gonna go like "yeah no big deal". Beating a god means you were that much more skilled, jin is not.

Oh? Interesting then. But like still stuff like accel negation in close quarters are impossible to perceive.

Yeah but senses will warn him before that. So that he can rasetsu before he transforms and didn't you say earlier that "he tried many times until he succeeded"? That's not instantaneous, it means he can fail the transformations.

He doesn't need it as i said doe.

He failed the transformations because he ran out of energy. With full energy the transformation works every time with varying time limits depending on how much energy he has.

That's not what you said the first time

It still doesn't change that Ikki will precog him transforming and rasetsu before he does so.

Just a quick note. Most of not all of Jins skills will not be copied and if they are it's an automatic victory for him because only Jin Mori or high tier gods have the physical abilities to use them. If that guy copies them it's game over

Perfect Vision is entirely reliant on Ikki's ability to see through the nature of his opponents and keep doing so through the entire fight.

If is far from impossible to fool. Your wording is sounding far too close to NLF.

Dean quite literally couldn't keep up with Mori because his movements were so erratic that he started seeing multiple different possibilities rather than just one singular future.

Rakudai isn't the only verse with bullshit skill feats.

@H13

Way to make me look bad. If ikki can comprehend shit about 1-A then we could even bring them up into the debate.

@Sir

It's Ikki stealing the identity of his opponents. You can fool regular precog, you cannot fool this because as it's stated "no matter how much you try to act out of character, even doing that stems from identity". So someone never lied, yet ikki precoged that he would lie for the first time, use new techniques etc. That's why it's impossible to fool.

It's textbook definition of Analytical Prediction dude. He just predicts what's gonna happen, he doesn't use telepathy. He just understands your identity, pretty quick with a lot of depth for some reason.

You just deciding to say it's impossible to fool is, by definition, a hard NLF as it would be assuming Ikki can completely understand his enemy no matter what and no matter how.

Could be the case in Rakudai, but this isn't Rakudai.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
You just deciding to say it's impossible to fool is, by definition, a hard NLF as it would be assuming Ikki can completely understand his enemy no matter what and no matter how.
Could be the case in Rakudai, but this isn't Rakudai.
I am just starting to love the "this may just be a rakudai thing". It's just lovely to see like "people in rakudai may not be like people in other verses so who knows".

It's impossible to fool, because no matter what you do, it stems from identity. It's not the same as actually viewing the future, it's not the same as predicting what you would do from muscle movement and such. It steals your identity so a dude who had only been saying the truth and launching straight arrows at him, started lying, using new techniques, carpet bomb, moving etc for the first time but ikki knew them all cus he stole his "identity" and "everything stems from identity". It's on his profile btw, just check "perfect vision" in Ikki's skill feats list on his profile it's there for a reaso. We don't have NLF for abilities with a detalied explained mechanics. It's not me saying "it's impossible to fool" the show says "it's impossible to fool because everything stems from identity". If you want the "impossible to fool" to stop being a thing all you need to do is show me someone who can fool his own identity.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Just because you see a meteor coming, doesn't mean you can stop it.

Sir Ovens said:
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
Just because you see a meteor coming, doesn't mean you can stop it.
Pretty sure Ikki can stop just about anything, but do name it, what can't he stop, besides obviously monkey king form, which as i said gets blitzed.

I don't think Ikki's analytic prediction is superior to someone who has actual precog. No matter how weird,wacky or impressive sounding predicting by reading identity or stealing it or whatever sounds, it's still limited by it not being true precog.Someone who can see the exact future will always be superior to someone who predicts based off present, set-in-stone things.Sure performing feats with the latter would be far more impressive on paper but according to the characters, reader and the story, we're told it isn't the power to read the future which makes us think "oh that's pretty op, he's doing that with skill" so we praise it not realizing it's still limited by the aspect of not being true precognition.

Firephoenixearl said:
Pretty sure Ikki can stop just about anything, but do name it, what can't he stop, besides obviously monkey king form, which as i said gets blitzed.
Acupuncture, which Ikki can't counter because it isn't just cellular damage, it's dura neg and damage accumulation, Re-Taekwondo, which will hurt Ikki massively if Mori lands a kick, Mori's insane instictive reaction and adaptation which allows him to hurt people as they're attacking him, and Mori's Monkey King Mode.

Also, you're severely downplaying how willing Mori is to use Monkey King Mode. I said that since this isn't a group fight, he'd be less inclined to just use it off the bat, but that doesn't mean he won't use it the moment he senses he can't beat Ikki.

Mori has always been about doing whatever it takes to win. If that means he has to transform in order to do so, he will.

It's better because precog can give different possibilities, whereas Ikki narrows it down to 1 true possibility based on identity. I'm not using "identity" just for fancy wording, i'm using the statements from the verse to say why it's impressive. Because as stated "identity cannot be fooled, because even trying to fool your identity stems from identity". Read perfect vision on his skill feat list on his profile.

Sir Ovens said:
Acupuncture, which Ikki can't counter because it isn't just cellular damage, it's dura neg and damage accumulation, Re-Taekwondo, which will hurt Ikki massively if Mori lands a kick, Mori's insane instictive reaction and adaptation which allows him to hurt people as they're attacking him, and Mori's Monkey King Mode.

Also, you're severely downplaying how willing Mori is to use Monkey King Mode. I said that since this isn't a group fight, he'd be less inclined to just use it off the bat, but that doesn't mean he won't use it the moment he senses he can't beat Ikki.

Mori has always been about doing whatever it takes to win. If that means he has to transform in order to do so, he will.
Ikki will sense the damage and block with his sword. As i mentioned above, ikki opens up with pseudo ittou shura giving him 48x reaction speed permanently, giving him plenty of time to do what he wants.

Re-Taekwondo will just get madoka-d.

Monkey king form, it doesn't matter how willing he is to use it. Ikki will be able to blitz "before" he does that, cus he will know. Let's say we're 30 moves in, and Jin decides to go with Monkey King form. Ikki will know that 1 or 2 moves ahead and blitz before he has time to transform.

The transformation is instantaneous Earl, the moment Mori thinks, it happens.

Sir Ovens said:
The transformation is instantaneous Earl, the moment Mori thinks, it happens.

That's what im saying doe, Ikki will know that "BEFORE" Mori transforms, not while Mori transforms. He has like 3 different ways of precog along with danger sense.

So how will Ikki find out that Mori is gonna become stronger before the latter even thinks about it? Because with the way you've been describing seeing a person's identity, Mori has to actually perform an action before Ikki can predict it.

Not really. In his fight vs stella he was literally 100 steps ahead of her. Monkey King form would kick in after Perfect Vision (which would take like 2 attacks), or the senses (which just sense danger in general).

Back