• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Time Patrol has come to stop the Lord of the Rings | Xeno Trunks vs Sauron | 0-8-0 (GRACE OVAH)

Can Trunks save time from destruction? idk thats why i made
New Space-Time War Saga Trunks in SSJG with the Awakened Keysword is used
Prior to entering Eä Sauron is used
Speed is equalized
Fight takes place at the Crack Of Time
Profiles

Last edited:
LotR profiles still aren't really in a great state yet, but
1. Pretty sure C.C. Goku gets the W with his hax and AP.
2. LotR Low 1-C are at that tier by R>F which'll be 1-A once that's fully implemented.
3. Sauron ain't even top 10 for LotR Low 1-C.

Do the LOR characters have any Passives?

Sauron and Morgoth have passive Fear Manip that can remove souls or imprison them inside their bodies while making them unable to control it as they're mutated into beasts. Even people who resist this are rendered unconscious out of sheer shock.

This is not on their page yet since it's coming with the next revision.

The Valar and Greater Maiar have passive Empathic Manipulation that can override an individual's free-will if enough of their majesty is exposed. Even when it's suppressed it's more or less on that level.

The Valar and Greater Maiar regulate the ages of those around them at all times, keeping them young and in theory could do the opposite.

Other stuff like light or darkness coming off them at all times or passive heat generation vary from type to type.

But yeah, most of their abilities require conscious activation. Soul or Fate Manipulation requires them to make a thought/exert their will. Concept and Void stuff requires singing or words (although it activates from the beginning of the speech, not at the end), etc. Quick abilities, but not passive.

It's strange, when a DB character "is going to win a Vs" it turns out that the verse is outdated and waiting for an update...

Anyway, Xeno Trunks still probably stomps. DBH has several layered hax from memory and the Keysword is pretty op even when dormant. Power null and stuff.

You won't get a fair match up with DBH's upper tiers.

Anyway, Xeno Trunks still probably stomps. DBH has several layered hax from memory and the Keysword is pretty op even when dormant. Power null and stuff.

You won't get a fair match up with DBH's upper tiers.
Trunks still needs to land an attack with the sword to affect Sauron, since no Galaxy Sized Aura, and Keysword cant null CM anymore

Trunks still needs to land an attack with the sword to affect Sauron, since no Galaxy Sized Aura, and Keysword cant null CM anymore
Hmm. Well I'm reluctant to debate using profiles which are very much unfinished (LotR Low 1-Cs currently have no individual abilities besides some left over unhighlighted ones) but sure, why not.

AP wise I assume Trunks outscales Sauron. In this key, Sauron is vastly superior to basic Low 1-C Maiar, but the difference is vast but finite. So we can't say more than Sauron > some Low 1-C characters.

Abilities wise, Trunks resists Sauron ability to move souls out of his body by sheer will (shame he lacks the Fear Manip on profile yet as that might work) due to God Ki. Mind Manip I assume to be resisted too. Not sure if attacks directly on the soul are resisted as Sauron can do that.

Causality Manip and Fate Manip are also nullified by Trunks' possession of the Key Sword.

Sauron could theoretically alter Trunks' aging, but it's never been used to do more than keep people physically young I believe.

Emphatic Manipulation could theoretically leave Trunks catatonic by overawing him, something good Ainur would not do in character but Sauron definetly would.

He could also use songs of power on Trunks. The Void Manip, Fate Manip, Subjective Reality, and Sound Manip parts likely wouldn't do much, but the Concept Manip doesn't seem to be resisted. Sauron can bring concepts into being by song or words, with said concepts being capable of destroying or subsuming existing ones if he wishes.

This includes stuff like anything from the concept of Grief to Wind, with these repeatedly being destroyed by the likes of Morgoth until the final Theme. He could theoretically destroy the concepts that underline Trunks' existence, but we don't really know if he would. Ainur only ever fought against each other and they kinda resist everything each other does.

Well for Trunks, he doesnt mess around, and would try to finish off Sauron as quick as possible, and since he has NPI for souls, Low Godly Negation, and Infinite 5D ap, he could very well do it, althought the Emphatic manip is def gonna cause issues

Well for Trunks, he doesnt mess around, and would try to finish off Sauron as quick as possible, and since he has NPI for souls, Low Godly Negation, and Infinite 5D ap, he could very well do it, althought the Emphatic manip is def gonna cause issues
Yeah, Trunks should win if he can land a hit. I will say that the Emphatic Manip is passive as it's literally caused by just looking upon Sauron or another Ainur of his level. Unlike in the other keys, they're in their native form and not hiding their "fully majesty". This isn't just physical sight either as Ainur exist on a spiritual plane of existence as well where their majesty is also visible.

Trunks needs to either instantly avoid looking upon or going near Sauron. Sauron does seem to be able to defeat Trunks using Soul Manip (as Trunks resists sealing or moving of his soul but not attacks on it) or Concept Manip.

Interesting match up.
Empathic manipulation probably gets dealt with via Keysword passive power null and trunks RE and so does soul manipulation.
However concept manip is bitch, and Princess trunks doesn't play around, so he'll go immediately to abusing his AP and using the keyword to power null Sauron and seal him.
So it depends on how concept manip works, is it thought based? Touched based?

Yeah, Trunks should win if he can land a hit. I will say that the Emphatic Manip is passive as it's literally caused by just looking upon Sauron or another Ainur of his level. Unlike in the other keys, they're in their native form and not hiding their "fully majesty". This isn't just physical sight either as Ainur exist on a spiritual plane of existence as well where their majesty is also visible.
Would sensing count for this? And also would the Keyswords Purification that nulled Chronoa's brainwashing help counter the Emphatic manip?
Saurons CM is speech based

However concept manip is bitch, and Princess trunks doesn't play around, so he'll go immediately to abusing his AP and using the keyword to power null Sauron and seal him.
Speech based. The second Sauron starts singing the effects come into play. Hence why the Music of the Ainur was shaking the Timeless Halls and Void while the Music was ongoing.

Trunks needs to get him before Sauron can begin making any noise. In this key, the Ainur don't do physical confrontation btw (since they haven't made a physical form yet), so Sauron is likely to keep his distance.

Edit: Ninja'd

Would sensing count for this? And also would the Keyswords Purification that nulled Chronoa's brainwashing help counter the Emphatic manip?
Maybe? It isn't exactly a supernatural effect though, it's quite literally just that the Ainur are so magnificent that looking upon them takes away one's ability to think freely. It'd be like me seeing a juicy hamburger.

Speech based. The second Sauron starts singing the effects come into play. Hence why the Music of the Ainur was shaking the Timeless Halls and Void while the Music was ongoing.

Trunks needs to get him before Sauron can begin making any noise. In this key, the Ainur don't do physical confrontation btw (since they haven't made a physical form yet), so Sauron is likely to keep his distance.

Edit: Ninja'd
What if someone cover there ears/s

Saurons CM is speech based
I mean even if Trunks gets effected by empathic manip [highly unlikely due to keyword's Passive power null] he can just kinda RE through it.
Tho this all boils down if Suaron instantly starts with CM, if not trunks can one shot via a ki blast and then seal him.

I mean even if Trunks gets effected by empathic manip [highly unlikely due to keyword's Passive power null] he can just kinda RE through it.
Tho this all boils down if Suaron instantly starts with CM, if not trunks can one shot via a ki blast and then seal him.
It's the first thing Sauron starts with.

I mean how Tyranno described it, it basically makes Trunks go
"OH MY GOD HE'S SO COOL" and not sure if it counts as an attack

I mean...ehh...probably still gets power nulled, since the keyword can power null mind related bs .
It's not really mind-related bs, it's just that the Ainur are literally just that awe-inspiring to look upon. It's like when you look at a really beautiful painting or piece of scenery but far more extreme.

It's not really mind-related bs, it's just that the Ainur are literally just that awe-inspiring to look upon. It's like when you look at a really beautiful painting or piece of scenery but far more extreme.
I see...hmm, trunks doesn't have a real counter to that, does it prevent people from attacking or it just makes people think you look cool?

I see...hmm, trunks doesn't have a real counter to that, does it prevent people from attacking or it just makes people think you look cool?
Well it's stated that the Valar and presumably the Greater Maiar (like Sauron) who are comparable to them in power and majesty can "overawe" the free-will of individuals who look upon them. Even their veiled forms can threaten to do this.

Basically, Trunks would be unable to make his own decisions. His ability to make decisions would be dominated by how awed he is by Sauron's form.

The Sword itself does memory manip
He would need to get rid of/alter his memory of Sauron while looking at him or have the sword do it for him while he's awed. Is that something it does? He'd need to keep Sauron's image out of his mind at all times while fighting.

For the record, once he's awed he'd consciously be Sauron's minion. He'd be acting for him out of sheer awe, not due to mind alterations.

He would need to get rid of/alter his memory of Sauron while looking at him or have the sword do it for him while he's awed. Is that something it does? He'd need to keep Sauron's image out of his mind at all times while fighting.

For the record, once he's awed he'd consciously be Sauron's minion. He'd be acting for him out of sheer awe, not due to mind alterations.
The Sword does have its own aura, so if Trunks is holding it, it possibly can block out Sauron's image

The Sword does have its own aura, so if Trunks is holding it, it possibly can block out Sauron's image
Is it something that it usually does or something that is likely to happen? Both characters are in-character and using standard battle procedures, they're not bloodlusted or anything.

Plus it would need to be the first thing that happens as Trunks could be commanded to let go of his sword, especially if Sauron reads his memories of it while he's pacified.

Is it something that it usually does or something that is likely to happen? Both characters are in-character and using standard battle procedures, they're not bloodlusted or anything.

Plus it would need to be the first thing that happens as Trunks could be commanded to let go of his sword, especially if Sauron reads his memories of it while he's pacified.
The Sword does it passively as it has its own Time Aura

The Sword does it passively as it has its own Time Aura
I've never heard of the Keysword passively removing images from its user's mind. Is there a source on that?

Edit: I know Time Power can do it, but Trunks still needs to conciously use it, which he wouldn't as he'd be consciously on Sauron's side if he'd been awed.

Last edited:
Back