• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing tries to assimilate your verse

The Thing has somehow arrived in your favorite verse and aims to assimilate all life within it. Can your verse survive?

Speed equalized.

Round 1: Gauntlet Scenario. The Thing has already assimilated an Alaskan malamute.

Round 2: The Thing is randomly dropped into your verse and is allowed to explore at its leisure. It has already assimilated an Alaskan malamute.
Tumblr p6nxuzxHB91wbyh74o3 12801-1-

SCP Foundatio: Deals with things more infectious and lethal on a daily basis and rather easily at that. At best it lasts until The Foundation just decides to napalm wherever it sets up base.

Mario Bros:

• Round one: Not so good boy gets put down quickly
  • Round two: Not so good boy assimilates a Goomba or two, perhaps a Koopa, before Mario comes along and incinerates it.
Pokémo:

• Round 1: The chance of the first gauntlet pokemon not knowing at least one of three types (Fire, Poison, Electricity) is slim, plus lack of 9-B Pokémon
  • Round 2: It might be able to catch a trainer by surprise, but once the trainer's pokemon see their master being attacked and assimilated, the original Thing is toast. Trainer Thing should be fine for a bit but will eventually be caught and destroyed as well.

World of Darkness

Round 1 - Pull my finger. Prolly beats some thin bloods though.

Round 2 - Prolly gets to the point where all the supernatural communities in the town band together to sort it out if its subtle enough. The Tizimice might take an interest in it.

Darkest Dungeon

Round 1 - Gets slapped by anyone with fire I think. Prolly doesnt get past the heroes

Round 2 - Possibly deals a lot of damage to the hamlet

Killer Instinct

Round 1 - Hmmm, Thing's regen vs tier 6's. It can't interact with Hisako at any rate, though if she tries to posses it I'm not sure what happens. It won't solo at any rate.

Round 2 - Ooooof, well its more or less our world. Though Aria might want to capture it for study.

Soul Calibur

Round 1 - Doesn't solo, Nightmare prolly just tells it to Watch This if that works. Or it just gets flung into Astral Chaos.

Round 2 - Oooof. Nightmare prolly gets hold of it eventually and bad things happen from there I guess.

Castlevania

Round 1 - Ouch, Leon just slaps and calls it a day

Round 2 - Infects some villages and gets experimented on by Dracula

My Little Pony

Round 1: Dies pretty hard.

Round 2: Could manage to assimilate some of the creatures of the Everfree Forest, and may potentially go up the tier ladder to some extent, but it might eventually get found out and be rid of by the higher tiers.

Godzilla

Round 1: Likely won't get far.

Round 2: Likely could assimilate a couple of kaiju, but it probably loses to the higher tiers.

RWBY

Round 1: Considering many of the characters utilize ranged fire attacks, I doubt the Thing could get far.

Round 2: The Thing could manage to take over a bunch of villages and potentially overrun a city or so, but there's the chance it could eventually be wiped out at some point.

Alex Mercer and Kirby put down an uno reverse card.

Still, lots of Thing downplay here. Depending on where it starts, it could solo a huge chunk of Pokemon and there isn't a doubt in my mind The Thing could solo MHA under the right circumstances.

Random Hero pets Dog!Thing, gets assimilated. Hero!Thing meets up with and touches other Heroes, assimilates then. All the Hero!Things go around hive fiving, giving hugs to, or physically bumping into them, assimilating them. Those Things assimilate more people, creating more Things. Within weeks, if not days, an entire city could be gone without anyone knowing any the wiser.

Shin Megami Tensei

Round 1: Even the fodder just yell at it I think.

Round 2: Ummmm idk if it can actually infect anyone, maybe?

Guilty Gear

Round 1: Yee nope

Round 2: Should be able to infect some of the world but will be dealt with pretty harshly after that.

Pokemo

Both rounds: Depends on what Pokemon if finds/fights first.

Anything extremely friendly and/or not fire, psychic, electric, steel, or ghost-type just gets assimilated.

Grass-types can't get assimilated, so who knows.

It'll probably just assimilate everything around, slowly getting stronger, until it gets nuked, frozen, yeeted back in time, or erased from existance by the first legendary it approaches.

The Wright Way said:
Alex Mercer and Kirby put down an uno reverse card.
Still, lots of Thing downplay here. Depending on where it starts, it could solo a huge chunk of Pokemon and there isn't a doubt in my mind The Thing could solo MHA under the right circumstances.

Random Hero pets Dog!Thing, gets assimilated. Hero!Thing meets up with and touches other Heroes, assimilates then. All the Hero!Things go around hive fiving, giving hugs to, or physically bumping into them, assimilating them. Those Things assimilate more people, creating more Things. Within weeks, if not days, an entire city could be gone without anyone knowing any the wiser.
I'm still salty af about Mina lost against The thing

Ergenverse

Round 1: Fire abilities ar pretty normal, and most qi cons can reach tier 7 and are unwilling to go close to just about any unknown creature, so it should die early on.

Round 2: Depends where it's dropped of. There is a literal multiverse of possibilities. If it gets dropped in a fodder place, Qi might mutate it enough for it to be able to jump in tiers and absorb increasingly powerful enemies. It's not getting past second step dudes, but it might become a well respected, sentient planet.

The Gamer

Round 1: Fire is a pretty basic spell, and info analysis is an opening move for most that can use it.

Round 2: A bit more problematic, but stronger people just teleport it into a pocket dimension and nuke it.

Dungeons and Dragons, Faerun or Greyhawk Round 1: Starts eating everything until your local adventurers find it and the wizard tries out fireball. Unless it eats something fireproof. Then we need either clerics/more wizards/large angry dragons,

Round 2: Second verse, same as the first. Unless it ate a sleeping ancient dragon. Then bad things happen.

Ravenloft

Either round, it probablly becomes a friggin darklord because the Dark Ones are douchebags

Eberron

Warforged say hi

Anywhere else

Beats me, probably death by magic

Puella Magi Verse

Round 1: any witch deals with it easily. Off the top of my head alina and umika could bfr, melissa has matter destruction, touka and tsuruno have fire

Round 2: likely runs into a witch or homura thinks

Back