• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Terminator vs Robocop

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Now that both are cloooose enough, this match can be made. Plus, Happy Halloween!

The Terminator_(T-800)

RoboCop

Terminator
RoboCop Apro319
This is just a T-800, aka the one from the first and second movie. Movie feats only
Speed is equalized just in-case

Robocop has all his weaponry, so does the T-800

The only way I can see this being even close to a fair fight is if we use the superior T-850 from Terminator 3 and ditch the speed equalization, arguably one of Robocop's biggest weaknesses.

Given all their weapons, the T-800 simply doesn't have the firepower to take Robocop down. The closest argument I can think of is the scene from Robocop 2 where Murphy had his hand blown off by a .50 cal Browning machine gun, and while the T-850 did wield one in Terminator 3, the closest thing we have to go off of for the T-800 is the M134 Minigun from Terminator 2. Given that Robocop survived the showdown between the police after being heavily damaged by ED-209 with some minor damage to his tracking system, I can't say with confidence that even sustained fire from a Minigun would inflict enough damage to take out Robocop.

On the other hand, Robocop has in his arsenal a hand-held missile launcher, and most prominently, the Cobra Assault cannon, both of which I'm almost certain would destroy a T-800 given how the one in The Terminator reacted to the homemade pipe bomb. You could make the argument that it survived the explosion in the truck, but the weapons listed above create a very concentrated explosion that are way more comparable to the individual pipe bomb.

Robocop is simply more durable. During his fight with Cain in Robocop 2, he was able to withstand several blasts from Cain's shoulder mounted cannon, which I'm sure would be about equal to the T-800's grenade launcher from T2 or even the T-850's from T3. And if you don't buy that argument, how about in Robocop 2, when his car was shot by two seperate rockets, flipping it into the air, leaving him with absolutely no traces of damage. The T-800, if hit with a similar attack, would no doubt be destroyed.

So yeah, I basically see no way of a T-800 class Terminator winning this fight. However, if it was a T-850, one that was able to hold up a multi-ton nuclear blast door, go hand-to-hand with the TX, and survive basically everything I listed above, then you'd have a real fight.

I agree with SelfContainedThinker, I too think the T-850, who is from T-3 and T-5. Even though, T2 is my favorite Sci-Fi Action movie of all time, that version simply lacks the feats to keep up with Murphy. Only durability feat that's arguably on par with any of Robocop's feats from the first 2 T movies was that dynamite + gasoline loaded semi-truck detonation; but even that's actually pretty tame compared to the Robocop 2 fight scene.

T-850 would actually stand a much better chance; not only does he have greatly enhanced power on par with Robocain, he's also got some other upgrades too such has superior combat tactics, and a really good healing factor in T-5. So yeah, please switch it to the T-850.

Back