• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sword Art Online CRT: Massive Changes To The Entire Verse

I don't see anything that would make that statement hyperbolic. We know for a fact Underworld has interstellar distances within itself, so it being flat out compared to a galaxy makes perfect sense.

Being in third person doesn't immediately invalidate the statement, however what makes the statement shaky is that it's in third person limited, meaning that it's still mostly in the perspective of a character who doesn't know everything. The character wasn't lying, they just made an assumption. Whether that assumption is true or not can be debated.

Basically, a character said something, and we know they aren't lying. So, there's no reason to not use the statement. The fact you're using third person narration as a counter argument, despite what our Statement page says that those are allowed, is honestly very odd. Besides, regardless of if we use the statement or not, Star King Kirito goes down to 4-B, since even shaking all of Underworld wouldn't be 4-A.

Basically, a character said something, and we know they aren't lying. So, there's no reason to not use the statement. The fact you're using third person narration as a counter argument, despite what our Statement page says that those are allowed, is honestly very odd. Besides, regardless of if we use the statement or not, Star King Kirito goes down to 4-B, since even shaking all of Underworld wouldn't be 4-A.
Ion, there was a calc that even allowed for 4-A in the first place.

So shaking if a galaxy is 4-B and shaking a universe is 4-A. If space is not a part of the Underworld, then this should probably apply to Star King and Star Queen's 4-A Key: It was straight up narrated that the The Abyssal Horror shook the universe. Kirito, Asuna, and Alice managed to defeat The Abyssal Horror which straight up shook the universe with just one explosion.

Screenshot_2020-12-22_105700.png

Side Question: Should Alice scale to Star King and Star Queen for helping them defeat The Abyssal Horror?

Last edited:
I was just saying what assumption got what result, the underworld isn't actually proven to be shaking in this case, it's just one statement by someone in a nearby spaceship.

I was just saying what assumption got what result, the underworld isn't actually proven to be shaking in this case, it's just one statement by someone in a nearby spaceship.
Umm... this one wasn’t the statement given by someone in a nearby spaceship.
This one was the statement given by someone in a nearby spaceship which came afterwards in the previous one:
At a complete loss for words, Steeka noticed that the needle in the miniature instrument on the right side of her imagepanel swung straight up in an instant.
“You’re... joking... that’s impossible...”
Steeka had never seen the instrument, called the «Incarnation meter», move up 20 percent like this. Her ears filled with Laura’nei’s awed voice.
“...I don’t believe it... Such powerful Incarnation... It’s like the entire universe is trembling...”
But the reality before their eyes was undeniable.

Last edited:
Also it's come to my attention the profiles should have Accelerated Development, so I added them to the sandbox profiles.

So, new info on the Abyssal Horror fight. In the Japanese translation, they use "space", aka just the general area around them. In addition, when the two girls went back to report what happened to the Abyssal Horror, nobody felt anything shaking at all.

Also the residents of the Underworld refer to planets as stars... along with actual stars, so take that what you will.

Also the residents of the Underworld refer to planets as stars...
Planets and stars being interchangable is something that happens all the time in Japanese due to the word used actually meaning "celestial body", so this isn't an Underworld thing.

Makes sense. Gamerturk is a pretty credible SAO source though, considering he works closely with the SAO wikia and its translators.

I checked Yen Press' translation (which I dislike, but doesn't matter), and it also says universe:
Her eyes the same color as the dawning star and sparkling with unlimited brilliance, the golden Integrity Knight called out in a voice pure and crisp and regal, “Hear me, land!! Underworld where I was born and land that I love!! Is my voice reaching you?!”
The stars in the endless universe trembled, and the blue planet below briefly shone brighter, as though taking a breath.
And the same is also repeated somewhat later
They stopped in the middle of nothing, as if colliding with an invisible wall and bouncing off in random directions.
Space shook.
Before Stica’s stunned eyes, the stars seemed to waver, like the surface of a pond struck to produce ripples. The shock wave reached her dragoncraft, rumbling and vibrating it. Speechless, she glanced at the little gauge on the right end of the main visual board. It had instantly shot all the way to its top.
“No way…Th-that’s impossible…”
Stica had never seen the Incarnameter swing as much as 20 percent at a time. With fear in her voice, Laurannei said, “I don’t believe it…Such incredible Incarnate strength…As though the entire universe is shaking…”
So yeah, you better provide the Japanese RAW if you claim otherwise, but even this other translation also has two mentions of the universe shaking.

translation.PNG

Here's the original Japanese and the translated version, both use the same word for "space". You can just watch the video to see a more in-depth explanation.

The kanji there is 宇宙, which means universe. So, yeah, Yen Press is wrong with "space shook" since the Japanese word used is for universe.

So, like, is this thread done? Every argument against Kirito shaking the universe is bunk, and no one seems to oppose anything else, so can we go ahead with the changes or what?

Eh, sure, but one thing I want to point out is that Alice dealt the finishing blow to the Abyssal Horror after it was scattered into hundreds of pieces. Its Durability would have been massively lowered, so we should just put a "likely much higher" with Release Recollection or Incarnation.

Back