• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Strongest Monster - Garou vs Mori Jin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori's go-to martial art, Re-Taekwondo, increases his AP considerably and even the best martial artists have trouble copying it perfectly.

Mori also knows acupuncture and can perform it on both himself and on others. Performing acupuncture on others accumulates damage and can paralyse opponents. Performing it on himself can boost his speed and AP considerably and even heal wounds that can't normally be healed.

He can copy techniques after seeing them once and even counter them with unique techniques he comes up with on the spot. All his best feats can be seen under his feats section on his page.

So essentially, he's a really, really adept martial artist.

This key Mori's scaling chain goes like this:

Baseline 6-C < Angelos << Nephilim < GoH contestants < Mori Jin

This is also before Mori's AP boost when he uses martial arts.

Wait I don't think Garou will be able to adapt fast enough then. I think he may be too far above him already since Garou starts at low 7-A

Did he not adapt to High 6-C in the span of a few panels tho?

He fought a few other 7-As first I think? But I don't think he would survive taking on a 6-C, and it seems to be a mid 6-C based on the chain so they are probably 10x+ his AP, to me it seems like too much for Garou to handle at once.

I could be wrong though so I will wait for other's input

Sir Ovens said:
This key Mori's scaling chain goes like this:
Baseline 6-C < Angelos << Nephilim < GoH contestants < Mori Jin

This is also before Mori's AP boost when he uses martial arts.
^

Would it be fair to say that Garou has the edge in skill while Mori has versatality?

They seem pretty even based on the intelligence portion of his profile.

Anyway, what can he do/what will he start with?

Garou seems to be more of a brute when it comes to fighting so he'll probably just charge in.

Mori usually closes the gap before attacking in close quarters. His go-to martial art increases his AP every time he performs it. He can also adapt to his enemy's fighting style and create brand new unique attacks to counter them. If worse comes to worst, Mori can amp himself with acupuncture or paralyse his opponents with acupuncture.

Seems very similar to Garou.

Who's amps are better though?

And also, Garou isn't limited to just 1 martial arts technique, and seems to be able to create new ones at ease. Im not sure how useful his counter-techniquing and adaptation would be.

Their skillset seems to be quite even when it comes to martial arts.

Acupuncture seems like it could be useful.

99% of GoHS characters have that

Hell he literally beat a dude with actual see into the future Precog without much issue.

I either see the acupuncture + amps giving Mori the win or Garou's reactive evolution and initial AP advantage getting the win.

They are quite literally even in skill since they seem to have pretty much the same intelligence paragraph, with Mori having a lil more experience and versatality. This is a super fair matchup and im unsure who will win.

You should look at Mori's feats, Phoenks.

What does it do? Because Mori has counters for punching that include locking your arms with his leg before kicking you in the temple with the other leg. Acupuncture can also turn off Mori's pain and cause unbearable pain upon his opponents.

He has also countered attacks automatically that he himself said he couldn't dodge and his body can move without him thinking.

Ive looked over his skill and intellect feats and it's better than what Garou's shown so far, but it's not that far out of his league. He should definitely be able to hang with him in close combat, at least for the duration of this fight.

Once again, how powerful are Mori's amps? Can they compete with Garou's insane RE?

WSRSF is the highest martial art in OPM, which specializes in attacking the joints, and vitals to incapacitate and kill the opponent. It can similarly reflect and redirect your attacks with double the power, and is strong enough to reflect a volley of attacks that would've one-shot Garou. However, WSRSF does have its limits, as Darkshine broke through it (via experience and Garou was pretty injuered).

At the least he can amp 2x, at most 8x.

Sir Ovens said:
What does it do? Because Mori has counters for punching that include locking your arms with his leg before kicking you in the temple with the other leg. Acupuncture can also turn off Mori's pain and cause unbearable pain upon his opponents.
He has also countered attacks automatically that he himself said he couldn't dodge and his body can move without him thinking.
WSRSF is used by Garou (SOMETIMES). It allows manipulation of the air, and can deflect pretty much everything, allowing him to brush off attacks that can potentially one-shot him. It's also a very powerful martial arts technique.

Oh sick, Mori has something like that too, in the form of Kick of the Blue Dragon and Kick of the Double Dragon.

Sir Ovens said:
At the least he can amp 2x, at most 8x.
I'll round that off to around 4-5x, which will put him near Garou's inital AP at the least.

Garou seems to be able to go from getting bodied to one-shotting within mere moments, and if we allow tier hoping he could very well go up drastically.

Mori hails from a verse full of superhuman martial artist who tend to focus on prefecting a single martial art their whole lives, with broken martial art skills like technique copying(who can copy said people), information analysis bordering on precog (and in a famous case literally precog) and celullar level pressure points not even machines who can heal at cell level could undo, so he has dealt with pretty much every skill based hax imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back