• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The star of the ring! Mario vs Sonic in their base (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, sonic resisted fate hax before, and that is just better probability manip, so arguably sonic can also resist this

that in no way should scale

Probability is more akin to Supernatural Luck than literal Fate

oh yeah, which is why we mostly voted in due to sonic's sealings and bfr, damage wise none of the 2 can do very much
see above

ye

What is his arsenal could be really troubling for sonic?

things like his Sleep manip options, reflecting Sonic's physical attacks right back at him with either Barry or Superguard, Cards, etc

Could you explain mario's wincons a little better?

see above

all in all, I'll vote Cinos the Blue man, since he can get his piss off faster than Plumber man can

I mean, both are manipulating the probabilities of the outcome, one is just more likely than the other

ey

things like his Sleep manip options, reflecting Sonic's physical attacks right back at him with either Barry or Superguard, Cards, etc

see above

all in all, I'll vote Cinos the Blue man, since he can get his piss off faster than Plumber man can
Well, sonic can revive with his soul energy, +everything shake said

ye

see above

Counted

I know it’s necro but now that Mario has 71 layers of power null, would he win if speed was completely equal.
Depends, what does he power null that sonic has?

Edit:read it, it just null's whatever type of sealing bowser used on peach's castle, not sure if it would be useful here at all

Isn't that just a collectible progression mechanic that like, any game with collectibles has? Get "blank" amount of "items" to unlock the next area.

Is this based on Mario 64's castle doors being sealed shut? If so, not sure how that'd be combat applicable

Not that it matters in this dead match anyway

The power stars nullified Bowser’s seals that he created with his power, along with the giant seal Bowser made on Peach that trapped her in a painting. In theory Mario could use power stars to negate sealing.

Also makes a good wincon for Bowser against Eggman since he gets the same amount of layers for his sealing.

The power stars nullified Bowser’s seals that he created with his power, along with the giant seal Bowser made on Peach that trapped her in a painting. In theory Mario could use power stars to negate sealing.

Also makes a good wincon for Bowser against Eggman since he gets the same amount of layers for his sealing.
That kinda just sounds like very limited sealing tbh. The seals just keep doors locked, lol. The most impressive showing is keeping Peach trapped in a painting, but it's not like the seal itself placed her in the painting. Just makes the painting inescapable. Not sure how this sealing would be used in a combat setting since it'd need to take place in a building where Bowser can place seals on doors and paintings. Sonic's magic hands on the other hand just put you in a small orb where you're frozen in place. The sealing seems way different here unless there's context I'm missing.

I guess it’s impressive because Mario can dimension travel and still can’t break into the areas blocked off by the star seals

I guess it’s impressive because Mario can dimension travel and still can’t break into the areas blocked off by the star seals
So it negates dimensional travel basically? Another question, but can't ANYONE in Mario jump in and out of the paintings ordinarily? I don't think Dimensional Travel is required to hop in and out of them, no? IIRC, you just jump into the paintings, and collect Stars to exit. Unless this is another game where something similar happens and dimensional travel is required.

1 Bfr, 2 different type of sealing, pretty sure it can't null it do to them being so fundamentaly different

He can seal doors with that power, but i don't think that is combat aplicable to seal a person at all

So it negates dimensional travel basically? Another question, but can't ANYONE in Mario jump in and out of the paintings ordinarily? I don't think Dimensional Travel is required to hop in and out of them, no? IIRC, you just jump into the paintings, and collect Stars to exit. Unless this is another game where something similar happens and dimensional travel is required.
The doors block access to the rooms with the paintings and Mario can’t go into those rooms unless he breaks the seal.

The doors block access to the rooms with the paintings and Mario can’t go into those rooms unless he breaks the seal.
Oh, then that isn't even preventing dimensional travel or anything. It just seals a door shut. I don't think that'd be combat applicable unless someone stood inside a room while Bowser sealed it shut. Or if he had prep time.

I don't think Sonic's magical bubble sealing is very comparable to Bowser's seals which lock doors shut magically.

Wait I'm confused. Is the 71 seal/power null actually accepted? Because that... just does not seem right all. If it is then... alright, weird but okay.

I don't think the two different sealing are comparable either way. Bowser's method seems like he's putting a "lock" specifically on an entrance/exit through magical means. (Assumimg this is Mario 64).

The Peach instance shows it’s not just connected to doors.

Plus, if it was just a lock on a door there’s no reason Mario couldn’t get in the room a different way.

Yeah he trapped Peach in a stain glass window/painting where she could do nothing until Mario used the 71 power stars to break that seal.

Yeah he trapped Peach in a stain glass window/painting where she could do nothing until Mario used the 71 power stars to break that seal.
Hmmm. That seems like he can only make you unable to access the entrance/exit of wherever he places the seal. Doesn't seem like the seals themselves seal a target away like Magic Hands does.

The seal for Peach was unrelated to Mario's star count, tho. It was related to the Grand Star thing Bowser drops. The seal was just stopping him from entering Bowser's lair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back