• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The staff page

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
Not that i have a problem with the staff members being sorted in alphabetical order but don't you guys think it would be better to discuss this first before changing it?

Why would discussion be necessary for something as minor as organizing a page alphabetically?

Its not like anything was removed or added its literally just putting the names in alphabetical order...

Well i don't know, it seemed right to have members ordered by the time they recieved their position.

I was wondering for why the names were like that...

But personally, i don't really mind as to whether we categorize them alphabetically or otherwise.

I think that they should preferably be placed in chronological order again.

The staff page is organized by chronological order for each position. While there is no thing such as "seniority", experience is certainly an important factor in an administration system, and a chronological order is a nod to that.

For that reason, I would prefer to list the names in a chronological order.

While organizing the pages by a chronological order is a nod to seniority, there are times where those senior members are away for lengthy periods of time, thus their familiarity with the concepts here on the wiki may not be all that fresh in their minds.

On the other hand, we can have newer staff members who are able to constantly contribute to the wiki for lengthy periods of time (in a time period where said senior members are not as active), thus their experience regarding the wikia system would only increase. Thus the gap between the amount of actual knowledge/experience that an older/newer admin would not be all that much.

For this, it is better to list the names alphabetically, for the reasons above, as well as looking more organized, so to speak.

I do not know. Kavpeny thinks that chronological is better.

Back