• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Source downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here- https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-hm23Yd6HXq1OAJV-V1nctFXBEaOo0bx6Rw&usqp=CAU

The Overvoid however, encompasses the entire Omniverse, so they cannot be the same.
Doesn't really change much though, it's also stated beyond the Source Wall lies the Source.
Besides the Source is omnipresent and how I interpret that scan is... the multiverse with the Source Wall perpetua got sealed is at the centre of the omniverse.
I would hold off on any cosmology revisions for the time being. We are nearing the release of the mass DC cosmology revisions and evaluation standards moving forward.
A thread ban needs to be done on Tier 1-A CRTs on DC till the revisions.

Doesn't really change much though, it's also stated beyond the Source Wall lies the Source.
I never disagreed with the Source existing beyond the Source Wall though. This is not a relevant point, as the argument is that the Source doesn't scale to the Overvoid.
Besides the Source is omnipresent and how I interpret that scan is
The Overvoid is not Omnipresent.
the multiverse with the Source Wall perpetua got sealed is at the centre of the omniverse.
That's not a valid interpretation. This is what the scan said-
And the Source at its centre

How do you interpret an explicit statement of the Source being at its centre as the Multiverse being at its centre?

And some writer working at Marvel said Sentry could beat the Beyonder. Guess that means we gotta upgrade Sentry to tier 1 now despite it having no material basis and being wildly incompatible.
That's some writer not Grant morrison.
Xearsay addressed this

We shouldn't "split" the Cosmology due to this. We should just consider it a simple retcon.
After reading several threads, i agree for it to be split.
I never disagreed with the Source existing beyond the Source Wall though. This is not a relevant point, as the argument is that the Source doesn't scale to the Overvoid.
Grant map put them on the same level of existence unless you give me a reason why it shouldn't scale then it scales. Besides they have been used interchangeably

The Overvoid is not Omnipresent.
I never said Overvoid is but it should be omnipresent or nigh as it encompasses the Omniverse as all of existence is in it's being.

How do you interpret an explicit statement of the Source being at its centre as the Multiverse being at its centre?
Cause it's where perpetua was sealed at that point the story was talking about her.

Grant map put them on the same level of existence unless you give me a reason why it shouldn't scale then it scales. Besides they have been used interchangeably
So existing beyond the Overvoid puts you on the same level of existence? The Overvoid contains all other Multiverses of the Omniverse has well, existing in one of them doesn't scale you to the Overvoid. In fact, the Source Wall itself exists in the Overvoid.
I never said Overvoid is but it should be omnipresent or nigh as it encompasses the Omniverse as all of existence is in it's being.
The Overvoid cannot be the Source if both of them have different properties, so both have to be Omnipresent. Nigh-Omnipresence does not equate to Omnipresence, and encompassing the Omniverse does not equate to being present inside them.
Cause it's where perpetua was sealed at that point the story was talking about her.
How is it relevant where Perpetua was sealed? It explicitly said the Source was at the centre of the Omniverse. If a Batman comic says the Overvoid exists beyond the Multiverse, would you equate that with Gotham City existing beyond the Multiverse?

It's not that Snyder doesn't consider physics-based dimensions to exist, he just considers them separate from his 6 dimensions.
I never said that Snyder didn't consider physics-based dimensions to exist in his cosmology. Morrison's main dimensions are length, width, depth and time and imagination. However, he treats the Fifth Dimension as a mathematical dimension.

Snyder's main dimensions are point, line, matter, time, imagination and impossibility. In addition, the second dimension of Snyder's Cosmology includes things like actions that cause effects.

I never said that Snyder didn't consider physics-based dimensions to exist in his cosmology. Morrison's main dimensions are length, width, depth and time and imagination. However, he treats the Fifth Dimension as a mathematical dimension.

Snyder's main dimensions are point, line, matter, time, imagination and impossibility. In addition, the second dimension of Snyder's Cosmology includes things like actions that cause effects.
You missed my point. What I am trying to say is that Snyder's Cosmology (except 5D), doesn't contradict Grant's, but instead adds onto it. Morrison's stuff other than 5D still exists, but seperately from those, Snyder's 6 dimensions exist.

Shouldn't this thread be closed then?
Yes.
I would hold off on any cosmology revisions for the time being. We are nearing the release of the mass DC cosmology revisions and evaluation standards moving forward.
A thread ban needs to be done on Tier 1-A CRTs on DC till the revisions.
Yes, the same group of members seem to keep spamming very ill-considered cosmic DC Comics upgrade and downgrade threads at the moment, and then quickly all join in the arguments, which is pointless and wastes a lot of time for no good reason whatsoever other than stonewalling clear logical rebuttals and forcing me to close them.

We should do so here as well, as we all have far more important work to focus on instead.

Agreed. It's been like whack-a-mole with this group. Even this thread is a blatant word-for-word rehash of the same argument from the Mandrakk thread, just reframed as a Source downgrade.

You missed my point. What I am trying to say is that Snyder's Cosmology (except 5D), doesn't contradict Grant's, but instead adds onto it. Morrison's stuff other than 5D still exists, but seperately from those, Snyder's 6 dimensions exist.
No, the first five dimensions of Snyder's cosmology contradict Morrison's dimensions because they are simply not the same as Morrison's.

Agreed. It's been like whack-a-mole with this group. Even this thread is a blatant word-for-word rehash of the same argument from the Mandrakk thread, just reframed as a Source downgrade.
Yes, agreed. It seems intended to relentlessly waste time, create disturbances for our soon-to-be-released revision thread, and possibly try to frame me in a negative light (for future usefulness) for closing them after the arguments have been logically properly rebutted and the relentless usual stonewalling and going in circles repetition process has begun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back