• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Son of Ogre vs The Grandson of a Monster - Baki Hanma vs Jin Mo-Ri

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Demon Back is a technique, Mori can copy it pretty easily. Considering a weaker version of him mastered a technique that took 3 years to master in a week. He also perfectly mimicked moves that have just been used in front of him as they're happening.

It's an ability inherent to the Hanma bloodline. Unless Jin Mo-Ri is Baki's long lost brother he can't mimic it.

Hanmas have also perfectly mastered moves they just witnessed mid-fight, so that isn't exactly an advantage either.

Does Baki open with the Demon Back? Because Mori has other ways to incap via acupuncture, which negates dura.

To be fair, Mori can amp his own AP with acupuncture and his go to martial arts technique increases his AP when he uses it.

Plus, he has the benefit of knowing exactly what the weaknesses of Re-Taekwondo are and capitalize on it should his opponent attempt to use it on him.

Just has to touch his forehead with his finger.

While he's doing that Baki already hit him in the head and crushed his skull via Low 7-C AP vs Mo-Ri's At least 8-B, higher with moves Durability

If this is Baki's Son of Ogre key he can activate the demon Back at will, but he waits until he needs it before bringing it out. It's not really a technique either, it's a power up of sorts, something Mo-Ri can't do unless he can copy the Hanma brain.

I've made it Baki without Demon Back so now it's more fair.

From the start, Mori's kicks were abnormally powerful, even by the standards of the rest of him. Before even getting into GoH, he broke a Commisionar's arm with a single kick - and we see how powerful those guys can be. Added to Acupuncture buffs and debuffs, and I'd say Mori comes off much better.

I vote Jin.He scales largely above 30 tons and has methods that naturally increases his AP.

His abuse of Acupuncture's No Pain and Limiter Removal is an automatic problem since he can just easily amp his speed, attack and defense by 8x and remove his pain for 2 hours which also increases his stats.And can paralyze with it, the benefits of that is self explanatory.

Renewel Taekwondo increasing his AP when using it and having Bo-Bup which basically teleports him to his opponents back which surprises comparable and even opponents superior to him.

Power Mimicry that can copy Baki's everything (besides demon back)

I give this to Jin with low-mid diff

Yeah I think Mori takes this but it will be a massive slugfest. Mori is more versatile and more skilled then Baki. Baki probably knows more techniques and martial arts styles then this version of Mori but he's gonna copy everything Baki throws at use it against him except stronger due to his stat amp.

Dienomite22 said:
Jin scales high above 30 tons
Okay, so unless Baki starts with 0.5 and follows with something like Benda, Mach Punch, Triceratops Fist, Cord-Cut, or the Cockroach Tackle, Jin wins. Baki could use Aiki to use his AP advantage against him, but it wouldn't a full 5 minutes before Jin adapts above it, if even that. I'll vote Baki for now, as his options seem pretty strong, and 0.5 is insanely useful, but I'm open to being proved wrong.

this Baki doesn't have Triceratops fist or benda.

Everything else is useless besides cord-cut or maybe aiki but he doesn't use those. And coacroach tackle and 0.5 conciousness is something he would use but not at the start typically.

Dienomite22 said:
this Baki doesn't have Triceratops fist or benda.

Everything else is useless besides cord-cut or maybe aiki but he doesn't use those. And coacroach tackle and 0.5 conciousness is something he would use but not at the start typically.
Wait, if this is SOO Baki, he definitely has Benda. He used it on Yanagi in NGB. Also, he used TF on Yujiro at the end of SOO and developed it to fight Pickle I believe, another moment in SOO. Also, worse case scenario, he uses 0.5 mid fight and the same rules apply, except he's more likely to use something like Benda to try to bypass durability due to Jin basically being Baki on steroids.

With the recent revision, if its used, this is a straight stomp. Baki is a 6 kilotonner, but I guess it's up to the OP if he wants to use that calc, still it can be justified in not using it by saying DT has a problem with it

@BakiHanma18

Comepletely forgot about Baki vs Yanagi, even so, I don't think it would be affective on Jin since ontop of being already restistant to pain like easily surving large impalements in his body, his uses a martial art puts a burden on his body that caused 30% of military users to self destruct by using it.Benda won't cause the slightest pain on Jin

Dienomite22 said:
@BakiHanma18

Comepletely forgot about Baki vs Yanagi, even so, I don't think it would be affective on Jin since ontop of being already restistant to pain like easily surving large impalements in his body, his uses a martial art puts a burden on his body that caused 30% of military users to self destruct by using it.Benda won't cause the slightest pain on Jin
Ahhhhh true... with that in mind, if 22 ton Baki is still used, one of his more top-tier attacks might be required for a win condition.

I don't think Benda ever worked on someone with Jin's pain tolerance and endurance but even so Jin can just remove his pain.

Yeah, Benda has hurt some pretty amazing people, people that keep chugging on even on the verge of death, but it would seem that Jin can just get rid of pain all together, kinda like the Doctor from Kengan Ashura if you've read that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back