• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Snatcher VS King Boo

Only it does. My point is if he can capture people who are already capable of fighting beings who can teleport, then it shouldn't be a huge of an issue as othere make it to be. Obviously it's going to be of an annoyance but eventually he's going to get hit by it. Especially since Snatcher definitely doesn't spam teleportation, that claim is false. Nothing suggests the clones are limited to what they can do, simply being because they only do one attack is not a good reason if that's what you're thinking.

Literally no reason why he wouldn't, the argument that he doesn't do that as of recent is the equivalent of me saying Snatcher doesn't use a specific move as of recent due to having different attack patterns. "Snatcher doesn't use projectiles." What do you call these? The other moves like the blast on the ground or minions running around are pretty useless since King Boo is almost always shown flying above the ground. Only the energy pillars are an issue, but teleportation can take care of that. He's okay with inhalling his own explosives in Paper Jam, he should be fine.

kamek doesn't teleport nearly as often as snatcher tho. the only time it's comparable to snatcher's possible teleport spam is NSMBU, and even then, it's still slightly slower than snatcher. i'm also fairly certain he hasn't fought any enemy who can actually teleport, only enemies who can keep up with those who teleport. vivian and the other shadow sirens also don't really use their TP to dodge attacks, if i remember correctly. when vivian attacks, she also leaves a shadow on the floor above her, which would make the attack easy to dodge/block after it's been seen once.

i kinda forgot about LM2/3, oof. i will concede that the fight ends if snatcher gets sealed.

A. that was a misunderstanding on my part for the oneshot section. but for the AP, mustache girl IS in hold of what seems like at least 100, if not hundreds of time pieces in the finale. we can assume that she's empowered by them, given that she oneshots mafia goons when previously they were able to kidnap her. so do we assume she's only powered by 1 when there are clearly multiple? the number of time pieces that hat kid obtains (56) is the minimum of how much she's empowered by, why would she use any less than how much she could be using? the only logical assumption is to take the minimum count of 56 time pieces as AP/dura.

B. i already spoke about TPing. also, king boo's dupes aren't very similar to snatcher's dupes; his are him splitting into smaller forms and king boo's are actually just more king boos. also, as Smashor says, it's rather unlikely that the dupes can seal like king boo can.

C. @ Smashor, i don't think KB has a reason to not inhale, even if he doesn't do it in his games anymore. regardless, most of snatcher's danmaku is energy based, which KB can't inhale. the potions are kinda just extra. also, snatcher can't aim the potions at KB when he's invis, he wouldn't use them during that time.

overall, i'm not gonna say that it's entirely impossible for snatcher to get sealed, i'd just say that it's quite unlikely given both characters' abilities, which'd give snatcher an edge.

edit: snatcher might not spam teleportation, but it's certainly more than the characters you listed. also, he wouldn't even use the grounded attacks if his enemy could fly. as far as i know, KB hasn't dealt with danmaku on a scale like snatcher's before either, he'd probably teleport into the way of the energy pillars considering they all track your position

TheRexor28 said:
B. i already spoke about TPing. also, king boo's dupes aren't very similar to snatcher's dupes; his are him splitting into smaller forms and king boo's are actually just more king boos. also, as Smashor says, it's rather unlikely that the dupes can seal like king boo can.
That's actually his Regenerationn. Technically it's like duplication it's just him spliting himself into smaller pieces and shapeshift said smaller pieces.

Can you actually display Snatcher spamming teleportation? He never uses it defensively like King Boo, he uses it to the ground to send out waves which won't hit King Boo. Which is why I said he'd still have trouble, but there's no doubt about it that he'd be able to do the same, especially since King Boo can teleport as well which Snatcher hasn't dealth with. They do, one of Vivian's moveset is to be able to hide in the shadows to dodge enemy attacks. She hides inside the shadow, the enemy is incapable of harming her, including the shadow itself.

In which I've already told you why she isn't powered by all of them. We cannot assume she's empowered by all of them, given how she just throws them away instead of using its power. You're aware that a single time piece already gives the user great power, no? Mustahce Girl literally has two keys, one for her base and the other with Time Pieces. She was kidnapped when she had no Time Pieces, and Mafia Goons are only 9-B anyways. Except that Hat Kid never keeps the Time Pieces in hand. Whenever you complete a level, Hat Kid uses that Time Piece and leaves it in her ships vault. Hat Kid in that case had zero Time Pieces.

He's never used his clones for combat, only for taunting Hat Kid. Which makes them pretty useless. Absolutely nothing proves Smashor's claim, why would his clones be unable to do use his own powers? It's a bigger assumption to say they can't seal, that makes little sense.

Again, besides the pillar attack, King Boo is still capable of inhaling the other projectiles.

"Absolutely nothing proves Smashor's claim"

Aside from the fact that in the actual boss fight, the duplicates of King Boo literally can't do as much as the origional? For example, only the origional can create shockwaves with his slam attack.

And King Boo is capable of inhaling projectiles, yes, but this seems like a very out of character move. He dosn't absorb the Mario Brother's projectiles in that fight, only his own. I doubt he'd inhale Snatcher's projectiles.

it's displayed here, definitely more than kamek when she uses it the most, and seemingly more than vivian. also, we really don't know if snatcher would use his teleporting defensively, as hat kid can't damage him at all unless he decides to teleport into the arena, or if she throws a potion at him. snatcher's pretty smart, and could probably learn to deal with the teleporting rather quickly. he can also throw potions while teleporting, which means he'd probably be able to guess how KB would use his teleportation as well.

hidden to avoid flood
that logic where she can't be powered by all of them would only apply if we actually knew how much "all of them" is. there are clearly way more than 56 time pieces in that room, and her smashing them could just be her thinking "i have so many of these, and they make shockwaves when i smash them, it shouldn't matter much if i smash a lot of them." her being kidnapped when she had no time pieces proves my point; she can be overpowered by mafia goons in base, making her 9-B, and now she oneshots them. there's no explanation for why she can oneshot them now, other than that the time pieces are empowering her. the time pieces are 4-A, therefore she is 4-A w/ time pieces.

even with the logic that 'she loses power by destroying them, therefore she can't be at max' is flawed when snatcher can just create infinite death wish time pieces for mustache girl EX to use, where we could assume that she's empowered by all of the time pieces, if not more.

also, i think you got things flipped; hat kid scales from mustache girl w/ time pieces (EX), not the other way around.

-

snatcher's pretty smart, and would probably realize he can't be damaged effectively/sealed while split up, so he could probably do that. his clones do chase and damage hat kid he could also just teleport, still. as far as i know, KB has to use his paintings to actually seal someone, and they have to be at melee range too. i don't think KBs clones would start with the paintings either, unless he actually physically hands them to the clones. would he also actually just carry around a bunch of paintings? snatcher could also probably expect those paintings to seal, as the paintings in his forest can also seal.

true, but those projectiles are uncommon and secondary to the energy pillars.

wouldn't The Snatcher just Destroy The Painting that King Boo Summons, Real Life Painting's aren't the most durable of things and The Snatcher could easily throw a Flask at one and it's break

Bruhtelho said:
wouldn't The Snatcher just Destroy The Painting that King Boo Summons, Real Life Painting's aren't the most durable of things and The Snatcher could easily throw a Flask at one and it's break
actually KB doesn't even have summoning, matter manipulation is the closest he's got and he only used it to create a mansion and paranormal portals, if i remember correctly. i haven't beaten LM3 yet, but still.

Okay, so you clearly didn't read what I said, because I literally mentioned the way Snatcher uses it is basically useless since he's never shown to use it defensively. Now if we use your own argument, then King Boo can just constantly spam teleprtation with his own clones, making it easier for him to capture him. So overall Snatcher's teleprtation gets countered by King Boo's own teleprtation + the addition of extra clones to out number him.

You missed my point a lot and it really shows here. It's not if she can be powered by all of them, it's that she isn't. Her mindset of having back ups doesn't work here, because my point is nothing suggests she's empowered by all of them. Because all the Time Pieces are literally just sitting there in the room doing nothing, I'm not even sure why we're assuming this when she's clearly not in possession of them. She's 9-B because she overpowered two Mafia Goons. But that's beside the point. I never claimed Time Pieces don't make her 4-A, I'm saying she's clearly not empowered by all of them as almost all of the Time Pieces in the room are just on the floor and she's never shown picking them up again. That's a huge assumption to say Snatcher can just do this, nothing suggests this at all and the boss fights doesn't imply this.

I'm not liking the "Snatcher is smart, so he would do this" when he's going to need prior knowledge as to what King Boo will even do. Those aren't clones, those are just his goons that only run around. The actual clones are taunt you, that's it. King Boo and has clones do need the paintings , but he doesn't need to actually take them with him nor just give them out, as he's able to just completely make them. King Boo also has telekinesis, while Snatcher can maybe just teleport, with him having clones, I doubt he will escape. While Snatcher POSSIBLY is aware that his paintings COULD seal (literally the only one that happened to this the Mafia Goon, and even then none of the other paintings do this), not sure if that will be his first instinct. I still doubt he can escape via clones and TK.

Regarding clones and inhale. Nothing contradicts the clones being able to do different moves, I've already said this. Unless proven otherwise, it's a large assumption to say they just can't do the sake thing. Duplication in fiction commonly displays this and duplication in Mario displays this. For inhale, that's a pretty bad argument as RPGs make the foe never counterattack. Almost all are like this. So saying King Boo wouldn't do this because of a gameplay mechanic doesn't work here.

true, king boo's tp spam would counter snatcher's tp spam, but his AP (which i talk about below) would be enough to overwhelm king boo and the clones. the clones also seem to damage the actual king boo when they get hit in his paper jam boss fight (might be a gameplay mechanic, but he could probably still defeat the clones rather easily with his danmaku).

she could've just been carrying that amount of time pieces with her, there's nothing to stop her from just having hundreds on her with just some piles lying around. sure, this would mean she isn't powered by all of them, but she sure acts like she has a lot when she throws em, and there are definitely at least 56 in that area. she can clearly hold that amount, considering in the last phase she throws dozens around like candy, and there are some falling from the sky . also, why can't the time pieces just give you powers by holding them? the other boss characters could be like 9-B w/o the time pieces, and we wouldn't know. if she really only had 56, or if she only had a few on hand, she wouldn't just throw them all away. she also could've just gone and picked up all of the time pieces while hat kid was in the void area before the actual fight. my main point is that although she might not be powered by all of them, there are clearly much more than 56 of them with her, and assuming she was powered by at least 56 would be the only viable option.

also, if snatcher's AP was really only 1 starry dimension, which is the only other viable option if 56+ was actually wrong, then this would just be a stomp for king boo, as he either oneshots snatcher or seals him.

where else would the death wish time pieces come from, then? it's highly unlikely that snatcher just found them somewhere on the planet and decided "hey, these would be good for death wish," or that he just found & made some time pieces purple for the sake of them being purple, there'd be no point.

although he would require prior knowledge, he'd still only need to see one attack, or to see him generate the painting, to think of some way to dodge the attack. i'm not sure how having multiple clones use TK on snatcher makes teleporting away unhelpful. even if only 1 uses TK, then he could still just teleport away. also, snatcher's clones do actually run around to chase hat kid, and they do damage her if she touches them, and there isn't much to say that they couldn't just jump at king boo. if he got surrounded by clones, he would probably teleport out, as he'd assume that he's being attacked. the other paintings can also be assumed to seal, as they all depict characters which don't appear in subcon forest (except the racoon), the frames of them also shake, with the actual image inside moving around independently of the frame, and they have the same style as the painting which sealed the mafia goon.

would king boo actually use sealing as anything other than last resort? in his fights, he only seals as a start in LM1 it seems, and that was just to fight luigi in the painting.

summoning the painting also appears to take not much, although some, time in the video you sent (about 0.2s), so snatcher destroying the paintings could be a viable option. him attacking king boo would also likely damage/destroy the crown, which is what seems to create the painting.

While Snatcher seems to Teleport faster, he doesn't use it as consistantly as Kamek. Kamek was teleporting after nearly every attack. Snatcher doesn't do it all the time, just during his shockwave. He tends to stand still while using his omega laser beams, his shadow clones, and his potions (although he does pop into the ground at times, he appears in the same spot). He also usually teleports near you for his final teleport, suggesting he'd likely use it more offensively.

that is true, although neither king boo nor snatcher has dealt w/ someone who can actually teleport (they've only dealt with other people who can deal with teleporting, as far as i know), and snatcher's higher intelligence makes me think that he'd be able to deal with teleporting better than king boo. we also don't know if snatcher would use his teleporting defensively, as he doesn't need to teleport out of the way of any attacks (except for the potions, which don't damage him except for snatcher EX and ultra snatcher), but he probably would still use it more offensively. also, in EX/ultra form, he does use his potions while teleporting.

-

adding on to my recent text wall, a toad in a painting is shown to be able to feel/think while in said painting, which means snatcher could pain manip king boo to death while sealed in the painting, which means that sealing is out the window.

Back