• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Snatcher VS King Boo

Both at 4-A, Snatcher EX is used

Speed is =

Fight takes place inside Subcon Forest

Battle Theme: Your Contract Has Expired

The Living Shadow of Subcon Forest:4 (EMagoIorSoul, Adem Warlock69, The Smashor, TheRexor28)

The Leader of the Boos:2 (DatOneWeeb, Theuser789)

Inconclusive:0

King boo render by swagnite-d63iiir
Look at this little scrap. Friend of yours, is he? Well, if you like your friend, you better stop attacking me!

The Snatcher Render
Time you saw what I'm really capable of, kid. Say goodbye to that little head of yours!

Snatcher now has Spatial Manipulation and Reality Warping, sweet.

So onto the vote. I was gonna vote inconclusive, but I'm honestly leaning towards Snatcher here via better abilities, higher AP, and major versatility with his attacks. King Boo's Regenerationn might help him, but Snatcher will probably catch onto this by destroying the crown or trapping King Boo into a pocket dimension (His teleportation doesn't seem large enough to allow him to teleport out of it), or maybe even use pain manipulation to force him into submission.

I'm not gonna address the fact that King Boo has limitless stamina btw because this is likely false. Just because he is a ghost doesn't mean he has limitless stamina. I even brought this up in my recent revision thread with Snatcher in it and DDM told me that he shouldn't get infinite stamina just because he's a ghost.

King Boo lead with sealing almost everytime, especialy in Luigi's Mansion 3, he tried to sell Luigi twice in that game, Luigi only escaped because of luck

Once King Boo is in a direct fight, he dosn't seal. Not to mention, it's not a long range thing, and Snatcher easily counters it with teleportation.

He literaly tried to seal the entire hotel in Luigi's Mansion 3 during his fight with Luigi, that debunks both of your points

It looks like you need to physically touch the painting to be trapped in it to me. Snatcher can easily just teleport out of that area.

Teleportation, 789. Teleportation. That thing Snatcher constantly spams. King Boo's sealing, meanwhile, requires him to physically hit you with the painting. And King Boo dosn't grapple, so the LS arguement is out of the window. In fact, their LS is the same, "Unknown".

King Boo has TK, we literaly saw he grab people with TK, so LS matters here very much so, he can just grab him with his TK into the painting, and he has his own teleportation I think?

Also don't call me 789, EVER

King Boo clearly dosn't do that in an actual fight, since he just fought Luigi instead of doing that.

What do you want me to call you? User? That could literally be anyone.

The Snatcher would probably beat King Boo before he seals, He destroyed a Barrier that no-sells attacks from Hat Kid, who's at 56 Times above a Starry Sky feat

Not to mention, King Boo's sealing requires Snatcher to basically just stand there and get sealed. The guy who teleport spams even in his weakest key.

Except, y'know, grab him with his TK, and he did that before the battle, he only went to fighting after Luigi escaped because of luck, and even then he still tried to seal mid fight

He would only resort to fighting if his sealing misses, which is very unlikely with his TK, idk you call it OOC when King Boo tried sealing, then fought after it failed

Call me User, do not call me 789

snatcher's also gonna except the paintings to seal, as there are paintings in his forest which can seal mafia goons and others. he would quickly teleport out of the way and then open w/ danmaku/BFR.

snatcher probabaly oneshots as well, it seems that king boo's AP is at least 4 starry dimensions, where snatcher's is at least 56 starry dimensions. could be higher, but idk

edit: also, hat in time characters scale to 7.8924899e62 joules, or 56x a starry dimension feat. idk what baseline 4-A is tho.

either way, i think snatcher has an AP advantage.

Mario scales like 5 or 6x the Starry Sky dimension feat, while A Hat in Time scales 56x, technically far higher, than it. Despite being able to easily teleport out of King Boo's TK, King Boo's sealing doesn't seem entirely restrictive as Snatcher can easily teleport out of that as well (He has interdimensional teleportation due him be able to teleport between pocket dimensions and the main universe).

If not, then he can use Extrascensory Senses to watch over King Boo and use pain manipulation to inflict pain into him, which works very similarly to his Death Manipulation which is thought based. Considering he has an AP edge here, it'd likely take only a few inflictions before forcing him into submission entirely.

Mario scales to 15X starry skies, not 6. No idea where the whole 56x comes from for Snatcher. Teleporting between Pocket Dimensions =/= escaping sealing. In King Boo's case, you are completely unable to move in Luigi's Mansions. Considering how King Boo also has teleportation and invisibility, he only needs to hit Snatcher once and it's over.

What I really want to know is just how fast the characters of a Hat in Time can reach, Given in game since the explosion running feats are removed it had me curious.

56? Why are we assuming she's being empowerwd by that many? It's clearly shown she isn't being powered by every single one of them as she just throws them away from you or has them lying on the ground.

Considering how King Boo is capable of catching Mario and Luigi, he definitely should be able get the Snatcher. Mario and Luigi are extremely agile in terms of movement and have also reacted to large attacks that aren't very easy to dodge. So yeah, voting King Boo.

No, at least 56 Time Pieces since this is how much we know are in the actual game. There is technically far more but we don't know of the exact amount, thus we have to evaluate 56 at the very least since this is the maximum number we're aware about.

DatOneWeeb said:
Considering how King Boo is capable of catching Mario and Luigi, he definitely should be able get the Snatcher. Mario and Luigi are extremely agile in terms of movement and have also reacted to large attacks that aren't very easy to dodge.
speed is equal, so speed doesn't matter, plus snatcher can teleport. that agility doesn't help much if snatcher can just repeatedly teleport away from him.

Teleporting between Pocket Dimensions =/= escaping sealing.

even if he can't escape sealing, he can just use his pain manip to kill king boo (also, his pain manip scales to his AP, as it can kill hat kid). his pain manip has interdimensional range, and he can use his extrasensory perception to know what king boo's doing and where he is. it's also highly unlikely that snatcher would get sealed, given his teleportation. also, mario can bang on the painting's walls when sealed, which means mario could think, so snatcher could pain manip while sealed.

Considering how King Boo also has teleportation and invisibility, he only needs to hit Snatcher once and it's over.

a. king boo doesn't oneshot snatcher at all. given that king boo's at 15x starry dimensions, he's only 1/3 or 1/4 snatcher's AP. snatcher's regen would probably partially mitigate king boo's attacks as well

b. snatcher can also teleport, and his extrasensory perception would mitigate invisibility. he could also split off into a bunch of copies of himself, king boo can't really harm him/seal him when he's like that.

c. snatcher's danmaku is rather extreme (even w/o the shockwaves, considering KB's flight), and king boo hasn't seen the attack pattern before. he would have trouble dodging it even while invisible.

(sorry for the large post, just didn't wanna have to create multiple lol)

Considering how the Bros are still capable of attacking opponents who do teleport such as Kamek or others that can hide inside shadows like Vivian, I don't see how King Boo can't do the same when he's captured Mario 4 times and Luigi one time. Speed being equal doesn't increase your skill in how much you can dodge, especially when I never used speed as an argument.

You realize that while being inside his paintings, you're incapable of doing anything. "Mario could bang on the painting walls." Yes, maybe we should just ignore Luigi's newer games. So no, Snatcher gets sealed and the fight is over.

A. I never stated this at all, he hits him once via sealing and he loses. Especially since Snatcher's ap is not as high as others make it out to be. Mustache Girl is never in hold nor empowered of this many Time Pieces nor is Hat Kid as she puts them away in her ship.

B. And I've already said that he can keep up with those who already teleport. Not to mention King Boo can also duplicate himself.

C. I'd also like to mention King Boo can inhale projectiles thrown by the Snatcher.

Overall I just heavily doubt that Snatcher isn't going to be able to get hit by his paintings even once.

B: Your statements mean nothing and that's not how Skill works. King Boo can't scale to the Mario Bros. skill against teleportation, that's just not how it works. Not to mention, King Boo's duplicates clearly have limitations the OG King Boo lacks. I doubt they can use sealing.

C: He dosn't use that as of recent. Not to mention, Snatcher dosn't use projectiles. He uses energy pillars. At best he inhale the potions Snatcher throws, and even then, inhaling explosives is how you damage him in LM3.

Back