• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sentry vs Base Thanos

I vote for Thanos. Sentry was killed by Thor during Seige, whilst Thor on the other hand has had trouble with base Thanos on many occasions and has even managed to beat him with ease on other occasions.

I'm pretty sure Sentry allowed himself and sentry durability is far better than thor strength.

And it seems in the comics that the sentry never died (In a dr strange comic forgot name)

Sentry wanted Thor to kill him, but when Thor refused the Void went on to attack Thor in a crazed assault and Thor killed him and threw his body into the sun. I'm pretty sure the Void didn't want to be killed.

So has Thanos and Thanos' durability always seemed more impressive to me than the majority of other 4-B Marvel characters. He shrugged off a full blast from Black Bolt's voice like it was nothing and has proven superior to Silver Surfer on numerous occasions both of which are 4-B and shrugged off a blast from Odin who is 3-B.

i can literally make claims sentry survived hits from stronger entities than odin but not gonna do that.

lets not forgot he survived being erased from his childhood so that already gives him mid godly regen.

LuckyCharmingStar said:
i vote for sentry because of hax (i think bout are physically equal to each other but have tanked the voice)
While Sentry had more hax and versatility, remember that Thanos had show resistence to most of his hax and that he had easily beaten characters much more haxxed than him such as Silver Surfer or Thor.

LuckyCharmingStar said:
i can literally make claims sentry survived hits from stronger entities than odin but not gonna do that.
lets not forgot he survived being erased from his childhood so that already gives him mid godly regen.
That does not mean he has mid-Godly regen. It just means he has very impressive regen. Neither of these characters are Godly (unless Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet) so do not claim that they are. Anyway, my vote still goes to Thanos. Their speeds are comparable and are their AP and hax, but Thanos still edges out to me in terms of durability and also intelligence, heck if someone like Osborn could manipulate and control the Sentry, then I'm almost 100% sure Thanos could sway and convince him to do almost anything, either by just talking or even by his Telepathy.

Also, if you can claim he took harder hits from other beings, then why not just prove it?

first of that is mid godly regen he is able to regenerate even when his childhood and his current self was erased

second he took hits from molecule man

third his strenghth and durability depends on his mental state

also he defeated and took hits from blue marvel who is nearly equal to sentry and is stronger then king hyperion

he also tanked the voice while the voice made thanos ear bleed

Thanos casually bitch-slaps Hulk and Thor with little to no effort.

5534199-3635291966-40375

Main-qimg-5a9fbac42f2b3e52cdabda9ef0e8b66d

Being stronger than them is no big deal, also everything you just noted was Sentry surviving hits from 4-B characters. Like I said, Thanos has tanked hits from 3-B Odin, who is a casual galaxy buster. Sentry is at most Solar System level.

Heck he also survived a bloodlusted assault from Galactus who at most (without the Ultimate Nullifier) is 2-C.

Main-qimg-42ac05b98a9ef576ec55b41fa4bb4cc3-c

Thanos has the durability advantage and as I said before, he has the intelligence advantage. Sentry is unstable, a loose cannon. Someone like Thanos can easily take advantage of that.

@TDMD I would say it do really depends on his mental state I don't think thanos can defeat sentry when his mental state is normal. Plus he has op molecule manip

Thanos, has resistance to those kinds of hax. The only character that has successfully used molecular manipulation against Thanos is God Doom and he is 1-B, leagues above Sentry's tier.

God-doom-kills-thanos-3

Again I've proven that he can take a hit from almost anything Sentry can deal out. Although, I'd like to hear other people's opinion on this.

Back