• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Second VS Wiki Holy Grail War (Season 1)

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
All players have been chosen, but people who just feel like watching can.

Rules for playing here

Questions go here

For reference, all class skills are B rank unless otherwise specified.

Player Profiles

Lancer (Fabtastic Glasses)

Character's name: ROMA

Servant Parameters: C Strength, B Endurance, A Agility, C Mana, D Luck, A NP

Noble Phantasms: Magna Voluisse Magnum, Azrael, Gate of Skye

Personal Skills: Imperial Privilege (EX), Primordial Runes, Battle Continuatio (EX)

Class Skills: Magic Resistance

Appearance: ???

Starting Location: Greenwich Village

Rider (TISSG7Redgrave)

Character's name: ???

Servant Parameters: C Strength, C Endurance, B Agility, A+ Mana, A Luck, EX NP

Noble Phantasms: Gate of Babylo, Vijnaptimatrata, Rule Breaker

Personal Skills: Charisma (A+) , Divinity (B), Golden Fleece (EX)

Class Skills: Magic Resistance, Riding

Appearance: To Be Determined

Starting Location: East Village

Berserker (Hizack123)

Character's name: ???

Servant Parameters: B Strength, C Endurance, C Agility, D Mana, D Luck

Noble Phantasms: Arondight , Monte Cristo Mythologie , Armor of Fafnir (weakness included, curse excluded)

Personal Skills: Disengage , Eternal Arms Mastership, Protection of the Fairies

Class Skills: Mad Enhancement (EX) (sealed)

Appearance: Looks like Siegfried except with Arondight instead of Balmung

Starting Location: Central Park Zoo

Caster (Edwellkin)

Character's Name: Edelweiss

Servant Parameters: D Strength, C Endurance, A Agility, A++ Mana, A+ luck, A NP

Noble Phantasms: Mac an Lui, Ars Paulina, Ark

Personal Skills: Harp of Healing (B), Clairvoyance (EX), and Divine Protectio (A)

Class Skills: Item Constructio, Territory Creation

Appearance: David with white hair and Solomon's skin tone

Starting Location: Washington Heights

Archer (Ramesses the Sun King)

Character's Name: Budget Hercules (Rama)

Servant Parameters: A Strength, B Endurance, A Agility, B Mana, A+, Np A+

Noble Phantasms: Pashupata, Vishnu Bhuja, Nine Lives

Personal Skills: Divinity (B), Martial Blessing (A), Eye of The Mind (True) (B)

Class Skills: Magic Resistance, Independent Actio

Appearance

Starting Location:
Upper East Side

Saver (OwariNepgear)

Character's Name: Jeane D'Arc

Servant Parameters: B Strength, B Endurance, A Agility, A+ Mana, C luck, A NP

Noble Phantasms: Luminosite Eternale, Pain Breaker, Hade's Cap of Invisibility

Personal Skills: Revelation (A), Saint (B), Magic Resistance (EX)

Class Skills: Charisma, Counter Hero

Appearance: Jeanne's appearance

Starting Location: Midtown East

Assassin (Blahblah9755)

Character name: ???

Servant Parameters: C Strength, C Endurance, A+ Agility, C Mana, C luck, ??? NP

Noble Phantasms: Zabaniya: Raving Shadow Flash, No Second Strike, The Mist

Personal Skills: Sphere Boundary (A), Mental Pollution (C), and Information Erasure (B)

Class Skills: Presence Concealment

Appearance

Starting Location: Inwood

Saber (Artoria King of Knights)

Name: Arturia

Servant Parameters: A Strength, B Endurance, B Agility, A Mana, A+ Luck, A++ NP

Noble Phantasms: Excalibur Proto/Calibur, Invisible Air, Potion of Youth

Personal Skills: Mana Burst (A), Instinct (A), Blessing of the Lady of the Lake (A - cannot be impeded by water)

Class Skills: Magic Resistance, Riding

Appearance: Looks like Arturia (F/SN or Lily depending on if Potion of Youth is active)

Starting Location: Upper Manhatta

Old Saver (LlamaGod1411)

Character's Name: Llama

Servant Parameters: A(EX) Strength, B(EX) Agility, A(EX) Endurance, EX Magical Power, EX Luck

Noble Phantasms: Demon King of the Sixth Heave, Enfer Chateau D'lf, Diatrehkon Aster Lonkhe, Marchen Meines Lebens (sealed by the Nameless Ruler) Carribean Free Bird (due to the previous Saber's removal from this world, this has become E rank, making its increases tiny and unnoticeable)

Personal Skills: Human Observatio (A), Old Age (B) (All stats are ranked down. Agility ranked down twice), Fallen Saviour (Counter Hero ranked down)

Class Skills: Charisma (B), Counter Hero (C) (1 rank down for heroes, no effect on anti-heroes)

Appearance: An elderly version of Hans with Hercules's skin tone

Starting Location: Roof of the Empire State Building

_______________________________________.

Ruler (Monarch Laciel)

Character's name: Kirioth

Servant Parameters: B Strength, B Endurance, B Agility, C Mana, A luck, B NP

Noble Phantasms: For Someone's Glory, Caress of the Medusa, Sha Nagba Imuru .

Personal Skills: A Knight Does Not Die With Empty Hands (A++) , Charisma (A+), Monstrous Strength (C Rank, Medusa's Specifics)

Class Skills: True Name Discernment, God's Resolutio (A), Magic Resistance.

Appearance

Starting Location:
Roof of the One World Trade Centre

{ERROR: CLASS UNVERIFIABLE}: (******* ******)

Name: {NO NAME FOUND}

Servant Parameters: {DATA OVERLOAD. TOO MANY VARIABLES}

Noble Phantasms: {DATA OVERLOAD}

Personal Skills: {DATA OVERLOAD}

Class Skills: Magic Resistance (B) and {ERROR: FILES MISSING}

Appearance: {FILE NOT FOUND}

Starting Location: {ERROR: LOCATION UNKNOWN}

Where am I? There is only darkess around me. I don't remember who I am. What is going on?

Ah

My memories return. I understand who I am, and what I am, and what my purpose is.

The darkness is simply my blindfold, sealing away my eyes. I can still here the sounds of cars - Cars? Yes, that is what they are called - from far below me, feel the wind on my face. In an instant I unrestrict my SNI and my mind fills with knowledge. I might not be able to see... but with SNI telling me the precise way to move to achieve my goals, I don't even need to.

The Grail fills me with knowledge of what is going on, instructing me.

I see. So I am to be the Ruler Class, and oversee the Holy Grail War. The battle to obtain an omnipotent wish granting device. Fascinating.

I turn and expand SNI's 'vision'. A mental image of the city fills me, and I "gaze" over the city as dawn breaks. SNI fills me with knowledge, and I observe where each of the servants of this war shall appear.

"Excellent" I say, to no one in particular

"Let the games begin"

[Is this night or morning?, anyway here i go!]

I open my eyes then found myself in.....Zoo?

I look around....then found myself stand...on a Sh!ts.

"......wtf?" And that, it how my battle start.

"I should get out of here before someone see me" i said that i turn into spirit from and get of there.

[Started in an area with Green as its name while possessing plant manipulation as the main power. Must be a coincidence]

The ritual has been done. The catalyst that i brought, a seemingly broken shard of a staff or a pillar, has disappear. Inside that magic circle that i just prepared few hours ago, completely cloaked by a thick layer of smoke, i feel.... something. This kind of..... presence, i guess ? Is very menacing. Just what did i just summoned to this world ?

Before i can say anything. That thing start to move and suddenly ask me a question. In a very loud voice

"ARE YOU THE ONE WHO SUMMON THE GLORY OF ROMA ?!"

I was rather surprised. Very much so. And even before i can open my mouth to speak

"HMPH ! INDEED ROMA !"

Seems like i summon the wrong Servant. *sigh* Me and my terrible luck

I am summoned inside of a quiet church in Washington Heights. My master, a young lady with pale skin, seems to be startled for some reason. How adorable. There appears to be no immediate danger so I disregard it and introduce myself.

"I am Caster."

I kneel before her and kiss her wrist.

Strangely, she seems displeased and tells me to go back. I tell her that's impossible. The command seals on her arm are proof that we two are servant and master, and will remain so for the rest of this war.

Maybe she's afraid of the danger? I assure her that I will make sure that no harm will come to her on my word as a king.

"This can't be happening..." she says.

Before I can inquire as to what could be bothering her, a much older man appearing to be a priest bursts into the room, a look of horrid shock etched upon his face. The girl shrieks. He stares at me for a while with a look of disbelief. I stare back calmly. He turns his gaze towards my master and begins scolding her ferociously, as she helplessly and profusely apologizes.

Apparently, the priest, who happens to be my master's father, is the one who was intended to summon me but as he was making preparations elsewhere for the war, my master (whose name is Chloe apparently) somehow managed to perform the ritual by accident. She seems a competent enough magus, but her carelessness is commendable if nothing else. I crack a smile. It's actually kind of funny. My smile doesn't last long though, as my master's father raises his hand to strike her.

I charge between them and grab his arm, twisting it behind his back as I pin him to the ground. I don't care what his original plan was, I tell him, any man who would strike a lady is scum.

My master, still quite rattled, assures me that it's okay and tells me to let him go, stating that it was her fault. She really intends to take the blame for this? It doesn't seem like he'll try anything again, so I oblige.

Getting up only partially, the priest turns to me and lowers his head, apologizing for his actions. So long as he doesn't try it again, there will be no problems.

Some of the church congregation comes running into the room, asking what happened. The priest explains the situation.

Talking amongst themselves. They state all hope is not lost, and decide to start factoring my master into their plans. Her father gestures for us to follow. We do so.

[How quickly does time pass in this one? Because I wanna give the others time to start but I don't wanna miss my chance to prepare.]

"So, you're name is uh.... Roma right ? And you're supposed to be a Lancer"

"INDEED ROMA ! Though ROMA isn't really my name, Its just something i deeply admire and respect. Because it is, indeed, is ROMA !"

"Yeah sure whatever. So, i take it that you're not really Prana efficient are you ? Then let me tell you that i expect you to not suck me dry whenever a fight breaks out, you understand ?"

"WHY INDEED ROMA ! Master, i won't endanger you. I swear by the name of ROMA !"

"Can you stop yelling Roma this and Roma that ?"

"NOPE, ROMA"

I sighed. Looks like i will never got things right in my life. Not only i was banished from the Clock Tower, i get this thing in a Holy Grail War i'm highly expecting. This is a chance at obtaining what i desire, and things are already feel like a damn mess. I sighed again and just scratch my head

Lancer carefully observe his master. He can only smile, for he immediately know what's wrong

"Master. Let's make this place our own Roman Empire (read: base). With your prowess as a Magus and my might as the glory of Roma, it'll be easy right ?"

Said Lancer.

My prowess as a Magus ? What ? Is he mocking me now ? Nevertheless, he does have a point. I need a base, and this feels like just the right place

" *sigh* Alright, what'd you got in plan Roma ?"

[You know, maybe he was just going to give her a high five for a successful servant summoning?]
[Sh*t should've checked with clairvoyance lol. At least now he knows who's boss.]

Setting a Bounded Field here should be easy. This is a meeting point of Ley Lines, so it wouldn't drain me all that much. But, can i make a layered Bounded Field ? That sounds complex.

I take a look at what Lancer is currently doing. Huh ? Hes just stabbing his.... Is that a spear, i guess it is ? at several points. And then he spoke to me

"Lancer, what are you doing ? You do know that stabbing some point could disturb the foundation of this place's Bounded Field ? Stop that"

"Why would it matter ? Master, aren't you skillful at this kind of thing ? You specificaly chose this place to summon me and just like you said, me planting seeds 'could' disturb and not 'would' disturb the foundation. You certaintly are good at this kind of thing master. This is truly ROMA ! Why are you acting like that ?"

Aiye. Didn't expect him to say that. Eh, that just mean that his perception is nice

"Nevertheless. Stop that. What are you even planting anyway ? And the best i could do is just set a Bounded Field. So at best this place can conceal our presence while we're here. Nothing less, nothing more"

"Fufu, that's why i'm here. Let's make this a wonderful base shall we. And its some kind of vine, a trap basically"

I got slightly confused. How in the world he can achieve that ?

"You're too naive master. Know that ROMA, IS CAPABLE OF EVERYTHING !"

Lancer obtain B ranked Territory Creation

He then raised his spear and all kind of plants starts to grow here and there. This abandoned warehouse suddenly become something akin to a garden, scratch that, a forest.

"What. The. Hell. are you ?"

He only chuckles at my question while seemingly placing, wait what ? Runes ? Really ? That's a freaking runes right ?

"Now this is an ideal place isn' it ? Truly a place that reminds you of ROMA !"

The heck ? What is he ? Is he some kind of all-purpose-can-do-it-all Servant like a Swiss army knife ?

I can't close my gaping mouth. This is unbelievable. So i just stand there for a good 2 minutes before i continue to set a Bounded Field. And thanks to this sudden magical forestation, i actually can make a layered Bounded Field rather easily.

Wait a sec. I could use this to try some stuff.

"Hey Lancer, get over here and try to place Runes at that point, that point, and here"

I pointed to several point in the room that's now a jungle.

"Oho, what are you trying to do master ?"

He ask me while placing runes just like i ask him. But wow, i got kinda exhausted. This whole thing surely is expensive. But it's worth the try, it it succeed, than i can disregard his Prana consumption problem for a while

"Shut it. Now come here. I'll try to link us to the Ley Lines"

This is kinda exciting. Its been a rather long time since the last time i do this kind of stuff. Now that i think about it, maybe this shameless loud screamer ain't that bad of a Servant !

He truly is good at this. I wonder what happened to make him pessimistic like that. At least hes enjoying himself right now, so that's good. Truly a glorious sight. INDEED ROMA !

Aight, now that all things have been prepared, i'll do the linking ritual

"Aight, here we go !"

[Goddamn, my post disappeared, have to rewrite everything from the beginning. Timeline: After all Servants have already been summoned and Ruler has already explained about this war]

What... is this? This war... it's all wrong. Compared to the Holy Grail War that i've joined as a supervisor, this is different completely. To the point that it's safe to assume this war is corrupted, an unholy ritual, not like how HGW ritual supposed to be. As an Ex-Ruler, i can't allow this to happen. I have to end this war before it's too late. But... right now, i can't do anything... Anyone... please... just summon me...

When i finished my word, some light emit from my body. And, in just a blink or two, i can see myself in front of a tanned girl. This is the real world, the reality, not the Throne of Heroes anymore. I've already been summoned by someone. I ask her out of surprise:

- You... can hear my prayer...? Who... are you...?

- My name is Rani. I am a Homunculus from Atlas Academy. I just happen to hear you while hacking to the Moon Cell.

- Erm... what do you mean?

- I was created as a test subject to see if humanity can live in Cyber World - Moon Cell. By hacking to the Moon Cell, i'll become a Spirit Hacker and...

- S...stop! That's enough! I hate study and complex stuff! In short, you accidentaly summoned me here, right?

- On basic term, yes. I failed to hack through Moon Cell's Firewall. Guess i've to continue my research with my Professor. I have no interest with this war. Do what you have to do. I'll supply you with mana but use it wisely.

- T... thank you. I am Servant class Saver. Right now, i'm a special case. I'm not a normal Servant of this HGW, but i have to stop it and save them... By the way, you specialize in Spirit and Soul, right? Can you send a message to all Master and Servant through Spirit Link?

- If i use a Command Spell as a catalyst, yes i can. Are you sure you want to use a CS like this?

I nod, confidently. Rani looks at me with her very cold eyes. Then, she points her CS at me. The CS glow as she says:

- State your message.

I take a deep breath. Then, i raise my flag up high and say in a courageous tone:

- Hear my words, brave warriors gathered here, legion of heroic spirits who retain their reason! My true name is Jeanne d'Arc! In the name of my lord, i shall end this corrupted war and save you all! No matter if you were sworn enemies or no matter how far your time periods apart, now you must entrust your backs to one another! Please lend me your strength to bring an end to this falseness!

As i finish my speech, one CS disappear. Guess my message has already been transmitted to everyone. Rani look at me, her eyes seem a little confused. However, she instantly get back her emotionless face. She says:

- Savior of France? You really fit your class as a Saver. I'll have to leave now, my Professor is waiting for me.

She gives me a map of this city and leaves. I look at my left side, my St.Catherine wasn't here. Guess i lost it the last time i use La Pucelle, huh? Or maybe this war doesn't allow me to have it? However, i have full knowledge about how to use 2 other NPs belong to other heroes, this war is extremely strange. But, even though those NPs aren't mine, i believe i can easily use them and they may come in handy somehow. I head to a nearby church, kneel down in front of my lord's statue and pray for his guide through this war. After a while, i stand up and whisper to myself:

- To the village in the south west of this place, huh...? According to Rani's map, that place is Greenwich Village. I don't know why i should come there or what should i do, but i believe in my lord. That village must have an answer, a way to end all of this.

I head to Greenwich Village while wearing Hades's Cap of Invisibility to avoid people's attention and servant's detection...

[In case where you somehow reach my base. I already put a multi-layered Bounded Field and also multiple traps laying around practically everywhere]

I open my eyes to meet the gaze of the boy that just summoned me. He has curly blue hair and grayish blue eyes, his build is very average and he doesn't seem that strong.

"Servant Archer, The Great King of Kosala, Rama. Has been called in accordance to your summon", I exclaim in a commanding tone.

"DAMN IT WAS GOING FOR THE GREEK HERO HERACLES!!!- Says the boy

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE- He says in a tone I was starting to find very annoying

"You used one of my original arrows I used in life to slay demons as a catalyst and now you are telling me that you didn't want to summon me but another hero from Greece??- I ask confused

"What do you mean your arrow? Isn't this arrow one of the ones Heracles used to slay the Hydra??

"Who told you that?- I ask even more confused, which I imminently regret it.

3 hours of boring explanations with my master walking in circles later

"And that is why my family is so high up in the mage association, anyway since they are so high up they can basically get any catalyst for any hero. And with that amount of social power I specifically requested for a catalyst that can summon a famous Archer from myths that is also a god, that killed a demonic being with many heads. IF IT WASN'T OBVIOUS ENOUGH WITH MY SARCASM I REQUESTED A CATALYST FOR HERACLES BUT THEY GAVE ME A CATALYST FOR SOME NO NAME HERO- He screams out.

"ACTUALLY ITS YOUR FAULT BECAUSE YOU TOOK HERACLES SPOT AS AN ARCHER GAH IF I COULD KILL YOU NOW I WOULD AND THEN I WOULD SUMMON HERACLES BUT I CAN'T WASTE THESE COMMAND SEALS.

"Let me enlighten you boy to not belittle the Avatar of Vishnu, I killed the Rakshasa King Ravana who was even able to defeat the gods. I have killed hundreds of thousands of demons- I answer with anger

"Heracles is still better- He replies while sighing

I activate my noble phantasm Vishnu Bhuja the noble phantasm that lets me use the numerous weapons bestowed by the sage Vishwamitra, which their purpose are to oppose Gods and Demons. and I bring out Lord Shivas Trishula that is sad be able to destroy the three worlds, although I can't use its true power, I can still use it as a weapon but even then its power is still comparable to noble phantasms.

"Please now you bring out a trident who do you think you are? Poseidon? I won't have any complaints as long as we win got it budget Heracles?

His obsession with Heracles must be the reason for me gaining his most trusted noble phantasm Nine Lives, that or the fact that he posses a slab of rock from a temple of Heracles in which he put close to the ritual

"Very well I won't have any complaints about you master even if you belittle me as long as I get my wish.

"Belittle? I'm just stating facts- He answers

In the name of Vishnu I swear that I will eliminate him in the foreseeable future

"Anyway Budget Heracles I suggest that you begin hunting the other servants immediately starting with Washington Heights.

"Aren't you going to come with me?- I ask while hoping to be as far away as possible from him

"Silly Budget Heracles, why would I risk my life in this war when you can die for my wish?

Sighing as I exit the building, I turn into spirit form to head to Washington Heights

[I'm basically Archer Rama with a botched Summoning that got rid of my bow noble phantasm and gave me nine lives, also my master looks like Shinji and he will also have his personality along with extra ignorance.]

After several hours of repetition (and near death situation). I manage to successfully establish a somatic link between Lancer, me, and the Ley Lines. As such, Prana consumption should be no problem anymore. Well, at least for quite some time. Pushing this new link to the limit would demolish this whole place and makes it impossible to use in the future

I call out to Lancer

"Lancer, you can go buck wild if a fight breaks out. But make sure you keep it to short fights, prioritize intel gathering first. Oh, and, uh.... can you help me on my experiment on some stuff with your runes on some occassion ?"

"Why yes you can of course. ROMA is generous afterall. In any case, i feel some sort of presence, special kind actually, just like my own. I felt it when you try to link us to the Ley Lines. I take it you also feel the same way master ?"

"Actually, yeah. I thought it was just me, but it seems that it wasn't just my imagination. I also felt similiar presence in WTC, Upper East side, and Washington heights. I got some more but it still feels thin. In any case, we'll lay low for now. I prefer if we can improve this place or pull something by using my old experiment and your runes"

Remarkable. To think he can detect other Servants like that. Even i, ROMA, can only detect the one that have arrived in this area. He has potential, and i'll make sure he can grow and become a competent Magus

"Splendid strategy master. Truly ROMA, if i may say. I'll gladly help you then"

And thus i begin my experiment with Lancer

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Sighing as I exit the building, I turn into spirit form to head to Washington Heights
[F***.]

[Question: can Clairvoyance EX see far enough into the future to see Saver's message?]

[Yeah but 1: It doesn't happen until all other servants are summoned (which might take a while out of game tbh), and 2: I'm about to use Clairvoyance anyway, just wanted to know if I should add something about noticing the message early.]

[Also I just kind of want to have a good idea of how the ability works.]

Edwellken said:
[Yeah but 1: It doesn't happen until all other servants are summoned (which might take a while out of game tbh), and 2: I'm about to use Clairvoyance anyway, just wanted to know if I should add something about noticing the message early.]
[Also I just kind of want to have a good idea of how the ability works.]
[You just see into the future. For example, you decide to hunt for me right now. You then use Clairvoyance to see into the future, and then you'll see what would that decision lead you. Maybe you'll see me killing you, maybe you'll see me retreating after fighting you for some time, maybe something else entirely. So you actually need to actively see into things for Clairvoyance to actually works. As of currently, you have zero intel on basically anything so you cannot exactly see into whatever related to Saver. Unless maybe you see into something and you accidentally saw Saver in your Clairvoyance and you see into another past and/or future and some other stuff along those line and basically know what you want or need to know]

[Sure you can. But then if you don't have any specific something you want to see then the vision you got will be vague and most likely the vision you got and the thing that'll actually happen will be different]

There's a bright light, and I appear, and before anyone will have a chance to notice, I activate presence concealment. There's a girl in front of me, there are small animals all over her body and she doesn't look very mature- maybe early teens at best, and yet, she's a giant! Then I look around a bit and realize oh, I'm just short… After looking around a little I turn back to my master, her confused, scared, and flustered face is hilarious! And cute too, like a puppy. She has blond slightly disheveled hair, and bags under her eyes, but seems surprisingly alert. I then turn to her arm, pretty, I want it, but those are command seals? It'd be bad if I cut it off then… hmph. I pout a little.

The look on my master's face is changing more and more from confusion to panic, and she says "what am I gonna do? It seemed like it was a success, and I have the seals now, so where's the servant?! Oh god, if the animals tell gramps I tried to summon a servant to kill them, I'm so screwed! No no no no no!" My master was holding her head in her hands, screaming to no one.

At that point I sneak behind her, jump up releasing presence concealment, wrap my arms around her neck, and lean my head over her shoulders. "I'm pretty good at killing, maybe I can help?"

A look of surprise appears on my master's face, as she turns her head towards me our faces are nearly touching. She then immediately blushes and tries to back away, yelling, "gah! A person, too close!" Backing away doesn't work very well when you have someone's arms wrapped around you, so as I'm dragged around I think wheeeeee!

When she eventually removes my arms, she properly backs away and looks me up and down. As her eyes gleam, she says "a little girl? She's cute, but how did she get in here?" Then she remembers what I said, and adds on, "wait, good at killing… are you my servant?" As she looks from me to her command seals and back to me again she exclaims. "you are aren't you! I thought you' never show up! I was so scared I'd failed!"

She runs over to hug me, and I tremble a little with excitement as she lets down her guard, I could cut her arms off so easily right now! I don't. Instead I escape her embrace, and when I see the hint of sadness on her face, I exclaim, "I know, I was watching! It was hilarious!" She turns to me and the confusion returns to her face as I hear an "Eh?" sound. I then explain, "I'm the servant of the assassin class, my name is Question Question Questionmark, it's spelt like this." Using my hair I carve "???" into the ground in front of her. Her confusion disappears and is replaced by a look of ridicule. I exclaim "I'm serious! I'm a weird servant thing, so I have a weird name!"

My master thinks a little, and sighs then says "Gramps did talk about something similar happening to him… oh well. My name's Liz, nice to meet you Ques- I-I'm just gonna call you Assasssin, okay?" I nod in response. "Now then, on to the important matters." I can tell where this is going, I get excited and both of us grin. "For my first request as your master, I'd like you to massacre my family."

"......."

"......."

"......."

"........ Say, Master, did we just ?"

"Yes, yes. We just did"

"Truly Roma. Indeed, truly Roma"

I tried to do something with Lancer's runes and our newfound link with the Ley Lines. Because of Lancer's runes potency and versatility, we decided to experimented on several stuff.

1st experiment. Its actually possible to create a loop hole using Lancer's runes to act as a Prana source for a limited amount of time. But its only possible to do it from here, and its rather physically taxing for me. Still, this is very useful trump card. So we decided to prepare several Runes set ready in case Lancer need a temporary unlimited Prana source, i still need to activate it from here though.

2nd experiment. I don't do any experiment on Lancer regarding Runes usage in battler He knows its use the most so its useless to test amything. Instead, i experimented on our connection to the Ley Lines. Its possible to forcibly teleport Lancer here through Ley Lines. But it has several condition for its activation. The first being Lancer must stand near a Ley Lines which mean i can't just summon him here freely and second being i must activated it from here. And to top it all off, Lancer can't materialize for several minutes after this ritual.

3rd experiment. The one which yield the craziest result. I jokingly tried to do another summoning. Since i tried to do it half heartedly from the beginning, my preparation were also half assed. I tell Lancer to use a little piece of his spear as the catalyst and his Runes to support the summoning. And holy shit, even Lancer was surprised. We ended up summoning a very high ranking spirit. It only last for several second, but we actually summoned the Crimson founding Deity of Rome himself, Romulus. Both Lancer and i were speechless. And of course, he shouted "ROMA !" just before he disappear. I wonder if i can summon him for a longer period of time if i use Lancer's whole spear, our Runes that were specifically set to use the temporary unlimited Prana battery, and even Lancer himself as the catalyst for the summoning.

But let's just leave it at that for this moment. We need to tocus on something else

[Ok I'm back. The message is "Welcome heroes and anti-heroes, to the Holy Grail War. I am Ruler, and I am to be the overseer and supervisor of this war. As I'm sure you know, this war takes place for the omnipotent wish graning device, the holy grail. So fight. Fight for your wish. You must kill the 7 other servants. So go forth, and feed their souls to the grail and make your wish. Let's have a nice clean game. Also, I should point out, that I am not to be attacked"]

[This takes place after I've sent out the message]

Now then, its time to check out all the other servants. I use SNI to see the location of the ones that have been summoned.

Alright. Time to go meet with each servant and properly introduce myself. A telepathic message is well and good, but real face to face contact always helps.

I turn to spirit form and prepare to fly -

I'm still in physical form.

What?

I try to turn to spirit form again, and fail. What is going on?

I attune SNI to find out. Apparently the soul of the last war's ruler never returned to the grail, so my summoning as Ruler has messed up and forced me to simply possess the body of someone closest in appearance and personality to me. This is troublesome. I wonder where his mind went. Perhaps we wimply merged? Or more likely, I crushed it on the way in, my soul and mind too great for his to survive.

What an unfortunate loss.

I hear a voice suddenly

"Hear my words, brave warriors gathered here, legion of heroic spirits who retain their reason! My true name is Jeanne d'Arc! In the name of my lord, i shall end this corrupted war and save you all! No matter if you were sworn enemies or no matter how far your time periods apart, now you must entrust your backs to one another! Please lend me your strength to bring an end to this falseness!"

Who? Corrupted war? Falseness? What? I wonder what she is talking about. She must have been summoned from a different parallel world where the war worked a bit differently so she thinks this is not how it is meant to go. Poor deluded girl. I attune SNI. Oh. Its an irregular class. Saver. I see.

I send out another message

"Apologies respected servants. It appears an irregular class has also been summoned. Seeing as the Grail's power is split among the servants in the summoning, it seems that you must actually kill 8 other servants"

Anyway, First I must test some things. I punch the ground with a small fraction of my strength, and the concrete shatters. Good. It seems that even if I am possessing a mere human's body I still retain my servant strength and durability. I do a few jumps and flips, my body moving gracefully. Agility - remains at full capacity. I hold out my hand. My weapon of choice, Harpe, the Immortal Slaying Scythe, appears in my hand. With a thought, my armour materialises around me.

It seems all abilities except turning to spirit form are working perfectly. As a final test I allow the seal on my eyes to retract, the blindfold rising off my eyes. A bird flies past and catches my eyes. In an instant it turns to stone, then plummets to the ground far far below to shatter. I wonder if anyone was hit by it. And laugh. That would be a rather comedic showing.

At a thought the blindfold reforms over my eyes. Seeing as I cannot change to spirit form, I cannot remain here. My next course of action then is to find some clothes appropriate for the time.

After exiting the ESB and buying some new clothes, as well as using my extremely high Charisma to obtain some high-class SMGs and a combat knife, I walk out into the streets. My new suit and gloves fit quite well. Sadly I've had to keep the blindfold on. At least I managed to dye it black rather than pink.

Time to go. the closest servant is in Greewich, so I head there

Blahblah9755 said:
[She did say at the beginning that her family would be angry at her for trying to kill them with a servant.]
[Oh wow i definitely misread that part lol

Edit: also wow I just realized who "gramps" is.]

[@Monarch I tried posting in your "Second Grail War Questions Thread 1" but my message got deleted.]

As I approach, I sense that a rather complex bounded field has been set up around the ley lines. Is this Caster? No, it's Lancer. Interesting. This must be one of those servants with multiple specialities.

As I get closer, I SNI-sense that there is rune magic, numerous traps and a strong territory has been set up in the abandoned warehouse. Interesting. Perhaps Cuchulain or scathath? That would explain the strong magical abilities. But territory creation is a caster class skill.. perhaps a dual summoning?

The first bounded field is a simple one, designed only to warn of intruders. Well, I intend for them to know of my presence anyway. I step through withough fear. SNI tells me of a slight pulse. They know I am here now.

The next bounded fields are more dangerous. Ones to lower the abilities of any servant who enters. I wonder if my possessing a human body will lessen its effects due to effectively only being a demi-servant, but I decide not to risk it. They've set it up on the ley line, which means there must be an access point for the mana to flow through that will not affect me if I enter through it. That was the weakness of setting it up connected to the ley lines. It would be more powerful than normal, but an access point was required.

SNI guiding my motions without fail, I wander through the area, avoiding all the traps and entering through each bounded field's access point without difficulty. At the centre of them all, I enter what I sense to be a grand garden. The servant and his master stand at the centre, their positions tensed. I raise my gloved hands, palms facing away from them and smile warmly.

"Fear not brave servant and master. I am not here to fight. I am the Ruler of this war, and am simply here to check up on you. How goes your day?"

Edwellken said:
[@Monarch I tried posting in your "Second Grail War Questions Thread 1" but my message got deleted.]
[Weird. I closed and reopened it, so try again. If that doesn't work just ask the question here]

[Good morning guys.]

[@Monarch: You have CSs so i believe you should also hear my message. My action only take some minutes after your message. And your message take place after every servants have been summoned. Btw, i believe i asked you to count me out for "need to be killed to win" already?]

[@Fab: Hades's Cap will prevent me from any detection except from 3 physical contact: touch me, hear my noise and... smell my scent somehow. No territory or bounded field can sense my presence as long as my cap is on, even a servant detector can't sense me, too. Though Clairvoyance EX and SNI may, somehow. I also have EX Magic Resistance so most Bounded Field's effect won't last. With my Saint B, i have Regenerationn, too. Revelation may also tell me about your trap. But i don't actually want to fight you, i used random.org to decide where to go. You know, the god's will, eh?]

Monarch Laciel said:
[Ok I'm back. The message is "Welcome heroes and anti-heroes, to the Holy Grail War. I am Ruler, and I am to be the overseer and supervisor of this war. As I'm sure you know, this war takes place for the omnipotent wish graning device, the holy grail. So fight. Fight for your wish. There are 8 other Servants you must kill. So go forth, and feed their souls to the grail and make your wish. Let's have a nice clean game. Also, I should point out, that I am not to be attacked"]
[Other 8 mean except from yourself you have to kill 8 Servants? If i count you, me and Llama out, only 8 left...]

[Took me whole day to read everything about the last HGW. Not meta post, i mean. Only story post. Good story there, but Saber Owari was supposed to have A Mana, right? Her NP cost her that much? I mean, she is the only one of that war meet Mana shortage, even B Mana Lancer has no problem with EA and all.]

[No, Monarch. By the time you send your message, i haven't been summoned yet. Normally, you shouldn't have any knowledge about me coming so that's exactly why i told you to fix that number.]

[@Artoria the mana shortage was a plot device to explain why she did nothing for the day she spent in the battle, plus she used it and multiple usages of her other NP before the big one. And Lancer was almost completely drained of prana after he used Ea, to the point where he couldn't use his NPs at all.]

[As people already noticed, i am Jeanne after another HGW from other world where i was summoned as a Ruler. That one may or may not Fate/Apocrypha so please don't assume my memory about Sieg or something like that. And with how irregular i am, me or Rani can't hear Monarch's message because his CS only connect to legal Servant. My Rani send you all a message through the Spirit Link between each CS with the Grail, not how Monarch do. Anyway, i just got here but Monarch already put a bounty on my head. Put only sad reaction here...]

[I get two command seals for any servant to be summoned, regardless of whether or not I knew they were coming, so...]

[Also, everytime i use Revelation to guide my way, i'll use random.org. True RNG for god's will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). So please don't have any idea like i have something personal with you, only random.]

[@Monarch: No, you're wrong. God's Resolution A are "Each Ruler is normally granted two Command Spells for each Servant that participates in the Holy Grail War." and "Cannot re-purpose the Command Spells of others.". I am not a Servant participate in this war and killing me shouldn't be counted for obtaining the Grail, just like you Ruler. Right now, i'm a Servant completely outside this HGW.]

[You were summoned through the grail system, even if it wasn't by your own or your master's knowledge . You've declared your intention to destroy the war. You are participating. I had seals for Saver last round anyway, I have seals for Saver this round]

Back