• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Second VS Wiki Holy Grail War (Season 1)

[You got wrong idea about how God's Resolution and how this ritual work but whatever, you just want to have authority over people, that's your true color Beast VI. I'm too lazy to fix my version so just think about it as you didn't send your message to me. And i may meet you when you leave Greenwich.]

[I'm a GM who exists in the game. I'm also quite literally the weakest servant in the war in terms of overal power with my NPs. I need some form of authority over you lot]

I can hear it, someone is calling me, someone is summoning me from the Throne of Heroes. That link is thin, but it's still connect to me a little. Though, not only me. Whatever that Master is using as a catalyst, it connected with lots of Heroic Spirit. However, none of them want to response to that summoning. I sigh and response to that summoning. With that, just some seconds passed, i reach a place look like a basement or some sort. A girl with long brown hairs is here, she's wearing Mage's Association uniform, must be a student from the Clock Tower. She's around 15~16 years old but she's way too calm even when facing a Servant, is she really an inexperienced mage? I look at her and ask:

"I ask of you, are you my Master?"

"Yes. You are Servant Saber named Owari, right?"

"Wait, what? Who is that one? I don't know."

She grab something on the floor, right in the Magic Circle that she just used to summon me. When she show it to me, it's a white piece of cloth. She say:

"This is a piece of cloth that come from a girl named Owari. So you aren't her?"

"Mind telling me the detail?"

She doesn't say anything, maybe i asked a hard question. After some moment of silence, she says:

"She was my grandpa's Servant 60 years ago. She gave it to him as a lucky charm before she left to the big fight and died. He fell to the pit of despair because of her death. After that, he spent many years studied as a mage until he got the rank "Cause". And then, he researched and tried many way to summon her again. However, after years, decades, none of his effort got paid. He cried, a lot, but he didn't give up, until he got to an accident and lost his conscious 3 years ago. Right now, he's in vegetative state at a hospital, but he won't last long. He will die for around 3 months. I love him, i admire him and his feeling toward that woman, that's why i continue his research."

"Ah... i see... I'm sorry to tell you this, but... There isn't anyone named Owari in the Throne of Heroes... Though she do have some link to me, that's why you can summon me through her catalyst." [Owari's mind was inside Garden of Avalon, right? Do have some link with me but very thin though.]

"I just want to let my grandpa meet her for the last time, but maybe i failed. Guess i'll have to use the Grail to bring her here and let my grandpa meet her. Anyway, who are you then?"

"Just call me Saber is fine. I'm very famous, my rrue name will expose my Noble Phantasm instantly and your opponent may take advantage at that. But, you're very pure. I promise i'll make your wish come true and let your grandpa meet that girl. My sword will fight for you."

"Thank you, Saber. My name is Helena."

[Will continue later if this one is approvable. Am i taking my POV alright GM?]

Edwellken said:
[So did Saver's message get sent or what? I'm unsure whether or not to put it in my next post.]
[If you can hear my message, the timeline of your action MUST be after everyone has already been summoned and after both of our message. You can write it now but in term of timeline, it's after them all.]

[@Artoria: OMG am i that famous?]

[@Monarch: You betrayed me... You said they won't need to kill me to obtain the Grail, now the will need to kill me... I am a helpless pitiful girl with no way to fight... ]

OwariNepgear said:
[If you can hear my message, the timeline of your action MUST be after everyone has already been summoned and after both of our message. You can write it now but in term of timeline, it's after them all.]
[Ah ok then. Not sure if I should wait then (since apparently Archer is headed towards my area and there may be a confrontation before everyone is summoned) or just skip ahead in time to the message being sent...]

[Edit: Eh, I'll just skip. Let's just assume whenever Rider appears, it's before Archer makes it all the way here.]

A Golden Portal appears next to me, I get dragged into it and end up in the ever so familiar [Ex]Ruler's Colosseum. For ~Sixty Years, I've been roaming the world that I was killed thrice and resurrected i. The world created by the [Ex]Ruler, which used to be an endless forest of deadly branches, now a beautiful landscape which I quite like, other than the fact that there was a non-existent population.

For Sixty years I've been waiting, practicing with every weapon that I could find for something I thought would begin soon.

I place my hand in my pocket, fumbling around with something(Curse Old Age) I made over the course of time in this world. A Loaded die. A simple but yet intelligent contraption that would always lead to a single outcome.

"Why Hello, Ruler. What do you want me for?" I ask.

[Curse you Monarch! My speech was supposed to make myself look like a holy maiden who follow my lord's will and make more allies, not more enemies!]

[For clarification, anything in {} is Nameless (Ex)Ruler, not Kirioth Ruler]

{"Hello Llama. I just thought it would be nice to have a chat. We see each other so little these days, with you off exploring this world"

We have a small chat, and then I point to a screen that has materialised behind Llama. He turns. "Also, I found something you might be interesed in"

I project what I've seen with SNI onto the screen. Servants being summoned all across new york

"Is that..." Llama asks

"The Holy Grail war. Yes, its been 60 years since the last one, and the ley lines have finally regained enough energy to begin the ritual anew"

"Interesting, but what does it have to do with me?" Llama says, but I can see the eagerness in his eyes

"Well, I thought that seeing as I pulled you out of the last one so abruptly, you might want to have another try"

"Really?... what's the catch?"

"No catch my friend. Only a request if you choose to participate"

"Which is?"

"SNI is telling me something. I can't see it for sure, but there is a threat here. Somewhere within this war, events may conspire that threaten the world"

Llama tilts his head, concern on his face.

"Since when have you cared about the world?"

"Well I don't, normally. The infinite marbles of Patchwork Soul are more than enough for me. But I thought you might. Seeing as that world you sent your dear Owari to exists on the Reverse Side of the World"

Fear overwhelms the concern. He always did have a soft spot for her

"What do you want me to do?"

"Simple enough really. I want you to keep these two alive" The image on the screen changes to show two people. One, a woman with golden hair and green eye, wearing blue and silver armour, holding by her side a patch of swirling wind through which a small flash of golden light sometimes shone. The other, a near identical woman wielding a flag tipped with a steel spike and a strangely shaped crystal dagger at her side.

"They will be needed"

Llama deliberates for a moment, but I see the decision is made in his mind already.

"Alright. So how do I get back? Owari sealed us both in here remember?"

"The same way I got you here to begin with" A golden portal appears behind me. "I'm the god of this world, and all born here belong to me. With your numerous rebirths, you are no exception. And so as my possession, I can pass you through here, my treasury, and into true space-time."

"Then send me now."

"Wait a moment dear Llama. The years have not been kind to you I fear, and this war's servants are far stronger than those of ours... save for yours truly of course. If you are to have a chance, you are going to need some new abilities"

"But how? My manuscript is gone. It took all of its power to create a new world and send Owari to it, and faded away soon after"

"No problem. I will simply do it myself"

I summon my manuscript to my hands. It's been so long since I last used this. With Akasha having confirmed my existence, making me unable to be altered in any way except that which follows the natural laws, I am unable to use its abilities on myself anymore. But Llama is under no such confirmation, and so I can affect him as necessary.

"I'll give you some new abilities. In 3 days, return through this portal, and I will have granted you powerful new skills. Then, I will send you to the war"

The portal behind me moves through the air until it is beside Llama, and he steps through. I open my manuscript and begin writing}

I head to the church's sanctuary where The Ark of the Covenant has already manifested as the altar. Any member of the church has been granted permission to touch it.

I set up a territory which binds itself to the walls of the church. [Basically only the inside is affected.]

Anybody who steps foot inside of the church will be subjected to a much weaker version of The Ark's effects, slowly being drained of their mana. I add a second layer to the territory. Anybody who prays in this church with God in their hearts has a small portion of their mana transferred to me, but not enough to cause them any harm. Seeing as I'm God's chosen, supporting him is the same as supporting me, and I will act rightfully on his behalf in this war. [My guy is part David and Solomon, so he thinks he's been summoned for whatever reason as a representative on God's behalf.]

My master heads off to school, having been told to live a normal student life for the most part. It seems I've been given full autonomy in regards to the war.

I wander through the various storage closets of the building, searching for materials to create some magic items. I manage to find a crate full of several cheap trinkets such as rings, necklaces etc. I get to work, crafting a bracelet to boost my strength. As I continue, I hear a voice begin to speak inside my head.

"Welcome heroes and anti-heroes, to the Holy Grail War. I am Ruler, and I am to be the overseer and supervisor of this war. As I'm sure you know, this war takes place for the omnipotent wish graning device, the holy grail. So fight. Fight for your wish. There are 8 other Servants you must kill. So go forth, and feed their souls to the grail and make your wish. Let's have a nice clean game. Also, I should point out, that I am not to be attacked"

Oh it's just Ruler. Did he really need to tell us what we already knew? Well whatever. I begin to get back to work. I find a fake nose and glasses disguise. It's beautiful. As I wonder what I can do with this, another voice begins to speak.

"Hear my words, brave warriors gathered here, legion of heroic spirits who retain their reason! My true name is Jeanne d'Arc! In the name of my lord, i shall end this corrupted war and save you all! No matter if you were sworn enemies or no matter how far your time periods apart, now you must entrust your backs to one another! Please lend me your strength to bring an end to this falseness!"

Now that was weird. A servant trying to stop the war? Why was she even summoned? And she claims to be the saint Jeanne d'Arc, A hero I greatly respect as one of God's chosen, though unlike me, is the real deal. If she's lying I swear I'll put an end to this nonsense personally.

Using Clairvoyance, I look into a future where I agree to meet with this servant. She's beautiful. You can tell just by her resolve and appearance that she is who she says she is. I see that she'll have a tough road ahead of her. Perhaps my purpose for being summoned in this war was to aid her as a fellow agent of God?

Before I can give too much thought to this, Ruler's voice pops into my head again.

"Apologies respected servants. It appears an irregular class has also been summoned. Seeing as the Grail's power is split among the servants in the summoning, it seems that you must actually kill 8 other servants"

Interesting. So Ruler was unaware of this extra servant until now. This further supports her claim of being here to stop the war. There's certainly no harm in meeting her, so I'll do so when I get the chance.

But first. I look down at the phony glasses. What am I going to do with you...?

[If I did something wrong any of my skills let me know and I'll fix it.]

[@Owari MR don't let you bypass a Bounded Field though. No matter how high ranked it is. And my base is unique since everything i do is ROMA. And thus the jungle is also ROMA. And ROMA knows whats in ROMA.]

[Not bypass but will reduce Bounded Field's effect on me, like Saber's MR reduce Rider's Blood Fort Andromeda's effect. And Hades's cap will prevent me from being detected by any thaumaturgy means. Physical contact is likely the only way to do so.]

[The set-up. Jeanne declared her true name (baaaddd move) and her intentions to stop the war to every servant (woooorse move)]

[Lancer uses Imperial Privilege to set up a base filled with traps and bounded fields, I promptly walked right in to say hello. Jeanne appears to be on her way too]

[Assassin is going to kill her master's family]

[Caster set up a bounded field so anything that comes in without permission starts losing mana]

[Edit. STOP NINJA'ING ME OWARI]

[Not how every Bounded Field works. MR won't get activated because there's nothing to resist/negate. And the traps i planted is physical in nature too. You step on it, and root or vine will hold you so you can't really move all that much]

[Im still enjoying my trip. Won't write a long reply for some time]

[MR won't stop magical alarms going off when she enters, Hade's cap will]

[Hade's cap won't stop her stats being lowered and the magical traps, MR will]

[As for stepping on physical traps, revelations would guide her around most of those I'd say]

[State your intentions to my actions, and I will write for us]

[gotcha]

As i woke up at east village i just look around and saw my master. She seemed to be stunned at the summoning...this is new york...i noticed i'm a rider class so i thought that it was iffy in my head but i hate details so i turned and asked.

"You my master??"

• She nodded*
"Hmm so i'll be going first to central square and get food and play around"

• She stops me from going*
"I want to come too..."

"Hmm? Fine...what's your name?"

"My name is Catherine"

"Alright Cat let's just go"

• We both went to square and i kept beating her in games and she just kept hitting me a lot for that yikes but as I walked past i saw a perculiar old energetic couple as the wife kicked the husband in the shin for god knows what he said but they seem to be on good terms but what caught my attention most was the older man's words*
"The war has began eh curious"

• I turned in a panic but they blended in the crowd tsk that geezer seems to know something and...what's with that feeling that i have over him he seems so unlucky yet i can't explain the eerieness around him*

[Goddamn, people just keep mentioning about their former self or some sort in many way, but i'm starting a new life in another world from zero without caring about anything while another one take my former master to his/her plot. Now i feel extremely bad for leaving Shirou... damn those onion-cutting-ninjas!]

[Well tbf i'm starting from zero just the former lancer and his master's sensory (real ones are in rulers Patchwork Soul: World of One Thousand Phantasms atm but just wonder outside space via MoTS) are in New York and giving a playful hint to rider of who he is]

[Uh...no they aren't in my world]

[Nothing can even get into my world anymore unless it has interdimensional teleportation that can go beyond space time, or belongs to me so I can use my GoB to bring them in and out]

[Well you did drag us tbf as you said you use your avatar to drag them to it not like i can barge into it]

[The quote: Lancer is fighting with my avatar. I hope he enjoys the battle. I have my avatar drag them both into his own version of Patchwork Soul, one without the infinite layers surrounding it. Well, hope they have fun.

I use my original body to continue using Neverland Overdrive to play Overwatch, Dark Souls, and the newly released english translation of Dies Irae on steam in the original Patchwork Soul]

[Each avatar/manifested body has its own version and they can drag you into their own versions. The original patchwork soul of the original body, the patchwork soul that Llama was also in, cannot be reached except by the methods I described]

[Oh alright not in yours but mines alright sorry missed it lol though is it fine if the former lancer and ruler now just interacted for fun? (if its fine need to know meeting point lol)]

[You meet with a space-time manifestation in New York, who takes you into his version of Patchwork Soul and you never realise that that is not the real Ruler and is instead just a puppet controlled by him]

[Ik my character won't know about if its real or not but just saying he and master watched the war via sensories in a sense idrk just making random cameos lol *shrugs*]

[I basically breezed through your entire set up and into your base thanks to SNI (though I'll probably say that it is just good magical sense if Roma/his master ask) letting me avoid all the traps and know where the access point of the ley lines was to bypass the bounded fields, and have dropped by to say hello and have a chat about what ROMA and his master are doing]

[Jeanne is on her way to the same place, guided by the lord's Revelations]

[I can leave on my own if you don't want me geez. I'm just here for a talk. Or to watch. Or to hang out. Something along those lines]

[This is strange. I'm pretty sure i already post my reply several minutes after my earlier post. Why is it not appearing ? Shitty internet connection ?]

[Just comment the idea of what you want to do, and I'll write my persepctive in, then you can write in yours]

[Aight. Just reached the hotel]

Suddenly, there's this man. Both me and master already noticed his presence, but master didn't really care about this sudden intrusion. He said he wanted to talk, but i know master won't listen.

"State your intention"

"I don't come here to fight or cause any troubles. I just want to talk"

"Then leave. I'm not interested'

"My, how rude. Can you not at least listen to what i have to say ?"

"Can you not hear me you deaf. Leave ! Get the **** out of this place !"

I glare at him. He said nothing. And then he starts to leave

"Lancer, guide him out"

Lancer silently comply to my order. He then uses his connection to this place and his Teritorry Creation skill to create small 'room' around him and that man, and teleport to this abandoned building now forest's front door by using his runes.

Not long after, Lancer came back.

"Hes gone ?"

"He is"

"Good. Then let's do 1 more experiment before we hit the street. I analyzed your runes a while ago. And apparently it root back to Scandinavia ? Not really sure about it, but it must be somewhere around Europe. We'll try to do another summoning, this time we'll use your runes as the catalyst instead. We'll use nothing to support the summoning process, this place's magical energy will suffice"

And with that said, we continue with my experiment. We'll properly participate in the war after this experiment is done

Back