• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revival of Haruhi Suzumiya

Madness manipulation type 3 is just data manipulation
The wording doesn't really correlate well with the scan, it showed that human brain capacity isn't really enough for anyone to comprehend the data that the data beings have shown to manage which is true since how brain capacity have limits. Madness manipulation deals with extreme mental issues while trying to interact or see or be in the presence of something
Which doesn't require necessary things like data overload or Mind manipulation
Instead its like sub version of fear manipulation, they run mad without anyone touching them or them touching anything and probably commit suicide or die in pain like a maniac as an after effect of the ability
3: Cognition: Those who possess this type drive others insane as a side-effect of the nature of their being, with the very act of looking at or attempting to perceive them being enough to send victims into a state of madness or terror. More extreme forms are capable of outright killing those who suffer from their effects.
Also the Conceptual manipulation
Unless it was specified that Time and space including probability were concepts that govern reality then it won't work out, it is not a no brainer in fiction that space and time are concepts in most cases like this one its just like idk Space-time
I also don't even know what probability is doing there, everything else seems fine from a glance

Madness manipulation type 3 is just data manipulation

The wording doesn't really correlate well with the scan, it showed that human brain capacity isn't really enough for anyone to comprehend the data that the data beings have shown to manage which is true since how brain capacity have limits. Madness manipulation deals with extreme mental issues while trying to interact or see or be in the presence of something
Which doesn't require necessary things like data overload or Mind manipulation
Instead its like sub version of fear manipulation, they run mad without anyone touching them or them touching anything and probably commit suicide or die in pain like a maniac as an after effect of the ability
I'm not sure what to really call it since it doesn't really sound like Fear hax directly. Kyon even said that his brain short circuited and he was going crazy without that being an intentional effect of the user.
Also the Conceptual manipulation
Unless it was specified that Time and space including probability were concepts that govern reality then it won't work out, it is not a no brainer in fiction that space and time are concepts in most cases like this one its just like idk Space-time
I also don't even know what probability is doing there, everything else seems fine from a glance
I guess so. Though in a passage, the story commits to the theory that reality is governed by "hard laws", which include probability.

Law manipulation it is, Probablity is just part of it giving the context is now clearer imma stay neutral
I'm not sure what to really call it since it doesn't really sound like Fear hax directly. Kyon even said that his brain short circuited and he was going crazy without that being an intentional effect of the user.
Yeah, not madness manip its certainly just overloading their brains

Overloading their brains leads to madness, no?
Overloading someone brains kills them but it won't really make you run mad, oftenly you just pass out from your brain suffering inhaling of too much information
This is rather information manipulation type 1, which is knowledge, or data manipulation can work too

Overloading someone brains kills them but it won't really make you run mad, oftenly you just pass out from your brain suffering inhaling of too much information
This is rather information manipulation type 1, which is knowledge, or data manipulation can work too
But the person in question that the scan was referring to was going insane and their brain short circuited.

I guess. I just don’t get the rejection for Madness Manipulation. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

But the person in question that the scan was referring to was going insane and their brain short circuited.
An after effect of an ability isn't getting them that said ability
Like people dying after getting their brain overloaded won't give them death manipulation.

An after effect of an ability isn't getting them that said ability
Like people dying after getting their brain overloaded won't give them death manipulation.
I guess. I just don’t know how people are supposed to know that Nagato can make that happen just by looking at the profile, seeing that she can’t affect their brains in any way, and then seeing that she can.

I think she is 2-C rather than 2-A.
I think when they talk about the infinite possibilities, they don't mean that infinite timelines would be created, but just that Haruhi's power would no longer predetermine the future letting them make their own choices for what's to come.

I think she is 2-C rather than 2-A.
I think when they talk about the infinite possibilities, they don't mean that infinite timelines would be created, but just that Haruhi's power would no longer predetermine the future letting them make their own choices for what's to come.
Changed.

I'm uncertain of the Mathematics Manipulation. I think writing a formula that leads to the invention of timetravel wouldn't qualify.

Also, what do you make of the case of Yasumi Watahashi? I don't know much about it, but from what I heard that would be a prime example of how Haruhi can neutralize a threat subconsciously.

I think it's more so a case of that in conjunction with Subjective Reality. She was just doing it for fun and because she believed in it, the time-plane theory became the basis for how the rules of time travel worked.

I thought about that as well, but I couldn't exactly pinpoint any direct scans that would cite this.

Not 100% sure I can see law hax given it doesn't get more elaborated that she can control the laws of the world. Type 4 acausality I'm not seeing at all for Nagato since nothing remotely mentions she functions on different laws than a normal human. Resistance to law hax doesn't make any sense at all, being able to manipulate laws doesn't mean you'd have a resistance, those are two completely separate things. Same with breaking the wall of probability as that doesn't really imply resistance, if it was a resistance she'd have probability itself be manipulated against her only to just nope it.

The rest looks fine.

Not 100% sure I can see law hax given it doesn't get more elaborated that she can control the laws of the world.
Would her explanations for how she can control all known laws of physics in her Physics Manipulation work better?

Type 4 acausality I'm not seeing at all for Nagato since nothing remotely mentions she functions on different laws than a normal human.

I thought the Data Overmind transcending time and space would’ve worked for that but apparently that statement doesn’t really mean anything.

that can work better for the law hax description.

transcending time and space can mean numerous things, operating on completely separate laws isn't one of them unless specified.

Two days have passed and I’ve gotten rid of all controversial powers/tiering in the profile. Would it be alright to post now?

I don't think High-Godly regeneration is quite the right way to put the whole revival from the Data Overmind thing.

Regeneration is for when you restore yourself. If we count the Data Overmind as separate from Yuki, then that would just be resurrection from a different entity.
But, as you imply with the true form key, it's IIRC that Yuki as a data entity technically exists as part of the Data Overmind. As such the interface is an avatar.
So, on one hand she should probably have avatar creation in her true form key. On the other hand, I think we don't we give high-godly for an avatar being recreated by the true self, but just Type 8... maybe Type 9, seeing as the Overmind exists outside of spacetime.

Speaking of which, her true form probably gets BDE Type 1 due to the while transcending spacetime thing.

Also, minor thing, I don't think manipulating the trajectory of a bat qualifies as vector manipulation. That could simply be an application of a force.

I don't think High-Godly regeneration is quite the right way to put the whole revival from the Data Overmind thing.

Regeneration is for when you restore yourself. If we count the Data Overmind as separate from Yuki, then that would just be resurrection from a different entity.
But, as you imply with the true form key, it's IIRC that Yuki as a data entity technically exists as part of the Data Overmind. As such the interface is an avatar.
So, on one hand she should probably have avatar creation in her true form key. On the other hand, I think we don't we give high-godly for an avatar being recreated by the true self, but just Type 8... maybe Type 9, seeing as the Overmind exists outside of spacetime.

Speaking of which, her true form probably gets BDE Type 1 due to the while transcending spacetime thing.

Also, minor thing, I don't think manipulating the trajectory of a bat qualifies as vector manipulation. That could simply be an application of a force.

Fixed, and listed the last feat under Telekinesis instead.

Back