• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

is carol danvers really that bad in the comics?

i keep seeing how everyone hates her.

also Brian bendis is a terrible writer. Apparently he’s also terrible at writing dc comics too. (Is he marvels secret weapon at destroying DC?)

Bendis is one of the best modern writers. People only looked at civil war ii and his superman (which has some bad stuff but isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be) and thinks he is a terrible writer.

And I usually see that he is good at street tiers but not the rest, and I couldn't disagree more. He can write big events like no one else.

also i noticed his text is insane. so much text speech bubbles. that seems annoying.
I kind of like it. Sure some can be condensed, but at the same time, it gives his writing style a unique style. And also allows the characters personality and stuff to explore through text.

And I also disagree with the notion of too much text. Yes there are a lot of speech bubbles, but not always. He knows when to use too much and when not too.

And too many speech bubbles is common in the industry. Everyone is doing it. Have you guys read anything from Tom king, easily one of the worst writers out there - yet praised by majority for some reason?

I kind of like it. Sure some can be condensed, but at the same time, it gives his writing style a unique style. And also allows the characters personality and stuff to explore through text.

And I also disagree with the notion of too much text. Yes there are a lot of speech bubbles, but not always. He knows when to use too much and when not too.

And too many speech bubbles is common in the industry. Everyone is doing it. Have you guys read anything from Tom king, easily one of the worst writers out there - yet praised by majority for some reason?

you seem to be in the minority, most people i hear hate him.

question. How did Thanos get his tier 1 conceptual resistance
Because he is awesome, duh
are deviants/eternals just naturally born with tier 1 death/conceptual resistance or did he get it from someone/bestowed upon.
No, he is just special - basically because of his hunger for power, he reached a new level of existence which made him a unique being across all of creation.
just how.

or because the writer wanted it
I really don't get this. Isn't everything because a writer want it?

unique being across all of creation.

Thanos was so awesome Stan lee himself decided to bestow his powers to him in the form of resistance. 😊

he’s also so awesome we created gigachanos

EmZIthXXEAICf_Q

Shall we try to arrange the Marvel's hierarchy a bit?
My :
haven't been up to date with marvel comics recently, why is WHR beyond Eternity again?

Also, does the > signify transcendence or just greater power/size atm?

Also, where is Molecule Man?

I really don't get this. Isn't everything because a writer want it?

I know because the writer wants it

but I meant they should at least give an in-universe reason why this character or that character has it.

if there’s no in-universe explanation then I just say because the writer wanted it

Also hasn’t Thanos become an anti-hero occasionally?
Thanos has had a consistent character growth since day 1, he is anti-villain more than anti-hero, but yes. He started as a villain but changed himself. Current resurrected version - which sucks btw, terribly written - is a villain again. But aside from a few badly written stuff, he has always had the most consistent character and personality progression.

Too OP Marvel Pls
no

Thanos has had a consistent character growth since day 1, he is anti-villain more than anti-hero, but yes. He started as a villain but changed himself. Current resurrected version - which sucks btw, terribly written - is a villain again. But aside from a few badly written stuff, he has always had the most consistent character and personality progression.

no

Okay. What badly written stuff?

Also I miss Stan lee, marvel’s just not the same without him.

spiderwee-stan-lee13-13-13-13-22222.jpg

Infinity by Hickman, for example. A few other minor appearances, the Thor dream and potential story from Cates, and the current eternal stuff

Meh, he was mid anyway

what happened in those stories that made it badly written, I’m just curious?

bruh Confluctor Stan lee was every marvel kids childhood. Not to mention the mcu cameos. It really is not the same without him. Without him then no Spider-Man or other major marvel characters

what happened in those stories that made it badly written, I’m just curious?
ignoring characterisation and progress, for starters

bruh Confluctor Stan lee was every marvel kids childhood. Not to mention the mcu cameos. It really is not the same without him. Without him then no Spider-Man or other major marvel characters
cringe. anyway, he below mid. and most would exist without him, trust me on that. most major ones would be around without him. also he stole credits from tons too.

Back