• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Something else about Nico she is nuts. What power is this? And let's see Thor fight her?
prvmEOi.jpg

I could use your advice regarding Nico Minoru and the staff of one. I was updating her profile and I found this

The first part about causing fear on dormamu was already on the profile and could easily be an hyperbole but Dormamu actually tried to steal the staff and was actually affected by the possibility of Strange getting hold of it. It seems kind of an exaggeration for the staff to actually scale on Dormammu but at the same time he was somehow "defeated" by it's power, would the staff be tier 1 or just have Sorceror supreme level of magic?
If it helps, it's stated on Dormammu's profile on the Marvel Encyclopedia that the Staff of One was used by Agamotto to defeat him when he first tried to invade earth.
cBAkehL.png

If it helps, it's stated on Dormammu's profile on the Marvel Encyclopedia that the Staff of One was used by Agamotto to defeat him when he first tried to invade earth.
cBAkehL.png
Not sure if it actually helps, it kinda makes a plot hole, the Staff of One was supposed to have been created by an ancestor of Minoru family by defeating a being called One and turning him into the staff, which makes no sense since Agamotto supposedly is over 1 000 000 years old since he was in 1 000 000BC avengers, is it supposed to be the same?

Not sure if it actually helps, it kinda makes a plot hole, the Staff of One was supposed to have been created by an ancestor of Minoru family by defeating a being called One and turning him into the staff, which makes no sense since Agamotto supposedly is over 1 000 000 years old since he was in 1 000 000BC avengers, is it supposed to be the same?
Agamotto was Sorcerer Supreme around both 1,000,000 B.C. and 18,000 B.C. to 15,000 B.C., which you could argue is a long enough timeframe for the staff to have reached Agamotto's hands from contemporary members of the Minoru bloodline at some point.

Agamotto was Sorcerer Supreme around both 1,000,000 B.C. and 18,000 B.C. to 15,000 B.C., which you could argue is a long enough timeframe for the staff to have reached Agamotto's hands from contemporary members of the Minoru bloodline at some point.
Ok I guess, although once the staff was made by Minoru it's supposed to be for the female Minoru hands only. I guess it's very possible for Agamotto to have used it who knows maybe Agamotto is a Minoru?
Anyways I guess that's another thing to add there, but also that would make Minoru ancestors to be Sorceror supreme level at the very least.

IS this fight a good ideia whith Storm getting so many additions?

Just a note that after a lot of processing/consideration, I have decided to forgive Nick Spencer for his Hydra Captain America story, and Jason Aaron for what he did with his Nick Fury and Squadron Supreme stories. I sympathise with the writers' underlying reasoning and thematics. I just do not like the manner that the stories were applied in practice.

However, it did not make any sense that several superheroes, including Thor, would join up with the alternate reality Hydra version of Captain America, completely out of character, and the thematics in themselves were likely too dark and controversial to fit as a Marvel superhero story.

Ditto for Brian Bendis' "Secret Invasion" storyline. I respect him for making it, despite generally not enjoying his dark and overly dialogue-driven writing style.

Feel free to delete this post if it is too controversial. 🙏

Last edited:
Just a note that after some consideration, I have decided to forgive Nick Spencer for his Hydra Captain America story, and Jason Aaron for what he did with his Nick Fury and the Squadron Supreme stories. I sympathise with the writers' underlying reasoning and thematics. I just do not like the manner that the stories were applied in practice.

However, it did not make any sense that several superheroes, including Thor, would join up with the alternate reality Hydra version of Captain America, completely out of character, and the thematics in themselves were likely too dark and controversial to fit as a Marvel superhero story.

Ditto for Brian Bendis' "Secret Invasion" storyline. I respect him for making it, despite generally not enjoying his dark and overly dialogue-driven writing style.

Feel free to delete this post if it is too controversial. 🙏
This came outta nowhere. What reason made you rethink this in the first place?

I have been automatically processing old views about what then seemed to be dark and morbid unnecessarily skewed storytelling choices, as my perceptions have considerably widened and my personality matured over time, and now think that I properly understand why the writers did what they did in terms of the ways that they had perceived extremely corrupt happenings in this world on a political level, and needed to help process that through their stories, and I respect the personal risks that they took doing so for the sake of artistic integrity, but still think that the results recurrently ended up too dark for superhero stories.

I initially wrote a text column of more proper political analysis of Spencer's logical reasoning for his Hydra Cap story, but edited it out due to it likely being too controversial for this forum.

Last edited:
I have been automatically processing old views about what then seemed to be dark and morbid unnecessarily skewed storytelling choices, as my perceptions have considerably widened and my personality matured over time, and now think that I properly understand why the writers did what they did in terms of the ways that they had perceived extremely corrupt happenings in this world on a political level, and needed to help process that through their stories, and I respect the personal risks that they took doing so for the sake of artistic integrity, but still think that the results recurrently ended up too dark for superhero stories.

I initially wrote a text column of more proper political analysis of Spencer's logical reasoning for his Hydra Cap story, but edited it out due to it likely being too controversial for this forum.
I actually got in time to read your comment before you edit it, it was longer. For what I saw it seems you are not actually agreeing what they did just accepting that while "wrong" their decisions had good intentions of giving the readers good stories. I fail to see how that is controversial. I had my share of discussing controversial topics such as my side during Civil war 2 which is apparently more controversial than Hydra cap in the groups I have been.

Well, I originally wrote that I understand and sympathise with their political reasons for it, as what they wrote had very strong and rational symbolic undertones, but, for example, I do not agree with how Nick Spencer applied these insights in practice by turning superheroes extremely out of character.

The controversial part was that I described some of the real world historical basis for the Hydra Cap storyline.

We are getting stories from the previous Fists of Khonshu on the new run "Phases of the Moon Knight"

444150120_465985172656744_624803162453310832_n.jpg
443822204_465985135990081_3944065160970494431_n.jpg

"Though he is among the most recent, Marc Spector is far from the first Fist of Khonshu! As fans have witnessed in the pages of Jed MacKay’s hit run, Marc and Hunter’s Moon are only the latest in a long line of diverse and fascinating Khonshu champions. The spectres of their predecessors have been called upon to aid in their most desperate battles, and now it’s time to learn their stories!

Here’s what fans can look forward to in the debut issue:
  • Following Marc Spector’s death, the supernatural villain known as the Shroud rose as a darker, more vengeful Moon Knight! Writer Erica Schultz and artist Manuel García take readers back to the night it all started when the Shroud undertook his new mission and began enacting his unique and violent vision of justice!
  • Writer Benjamin Percy and artist Rod Reis introduce an all-new Moon Knight from the ancient past: the Moon Knight of the Old Crusades! Forged in the crucible of a holy war, this mighty Moon Knight crusader finds himself in Ancient Egypt where he’ll clash with one of the first mutants—APOCALYPSE!
  • The true depth of the legacy of the Moon Knight has been shrouded in the mystery of antiquity… until now! Check out superstar artist Mateus Manhanini’s cover for the debut issue and discover more about Moon Knight than you ever thought possible when PHASES OF THE MOON KNIGHT #1 hits stands in August."

High-Godly seems like a serious exaggeration, yes.
yeah the Control Rod and Annihilus have never shown regeneration feats of that caliber before or after so it should just be noted as being an outlier if taken as literal
you could probably stretch it and say he got this regeneration from absorbing the power of the Quantum Bands which actually have come back from being erased by the Ultimate Nullifier but I heard Quasar needed outside assistance to survive that

F1keV64WcAIwGxc.jpg

When they ask me about Eseseso's next CRT.
1. I very much appreciate the love, brother. Especially since I got some planned CRTs coming up.

2. Btw, I was thinking about two things for Khonshu's true form:

A. His true form's current range is Multiversal+, when it should really be Low Outerversal due to him being in each universe (with each universe being Low 1-A in size) across the multiverse.

B. He should probably also get Acausality Type 3 due to him being the moon in each universe.

1. I very much appreciate the love, brother. Especially since I got some planned CRTs coming up.
You're doing a lot of work, brother, you deserve it.

A. His true form's current range is Multiversal+, when it should really be Low Outerversal due to him being in each universe (with each universe being Low 1-A in size) across the multiverse.
Makes sense.

B. He should probably also get Acausality Type 3 due to him being the moon in each universe.
I was planning on giving a CRT about it, but good thing I don't have to anymore.

well got done reading the third story where Annihilus fights a Thor in All-New, All-Different Avengers #11 and #12 and it's a pretty good high end feat for him since he could fight equally with Jane Foster Thor for hours and while he was in possession of a Nega-Band during the fight he was mainly using it to keep a portal between the Negative Zone and regular universe open as even after losing the band and his arm he as still capable of fighting Jane Foster Thor
also he has a prep-time feat for creating a big gun that would set the universe on fire even without the portal open so good for him

Back