• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Rematch Of The Ink Lurkers (Inkling vs. Bendy) (One Vote Remains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
It's finally here bois! This is a rematch long coming ever since my last attempt got bogged down with vote resets and useless posts. However, as Bendy's story arc has come to a close and the little squid guys are still 9-A (Thank you for constantly reminding me about the supposed tier upgrades, Weekly. Every. Time.), and I just reached 5k edits sometime earlier, let's have this rematch going. So, who will win, the ink warriors or the ink beast? Today, let's find out once and for all!

In the blue corner, we have an Inkling from the Splatoon franchise, and in the red corner, we have Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine.

Inkling Boy
E07BD161-751F-4B1F-8CF4-2BA2260EF9B2
-This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-This fight takes place in Joey Drew Studios, giving Bendy the home-court advantage.

-Inkling is restricted on any weapon classified under the higher tiering.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Squid Boi: 2 (Ottermonk, Jackythejack)

Devil Boi: 6 (Mr. Bambu, Iapitus The Impaler, Zark2099, Dargoo Faust, Abstractions, Niccokirby)

Inconclusive: 0

thought Bendy had a 9-A key now, musta lost it

Anyhoo.

In a purely physical match, Inklings take it. Even if they die, they have that regen. A lot of their abilities are moot against a being made of Ink (poison manip being one).

Now then, for Bendy's part. Absorbing their ink is an option. Furthermore, absorbing them is an option due to their Elemental Intangibility. He can also generate ink monsters as distractions (these mean little in actually killing the Inklings). A single touch from Bendy will corrupt them into being his little Ink Monsters. It depends on whether or not he can get that range to touch.

Under SBA they are starting at several dozen meters, good for both parties as the Inkling's weapons have that range and Bendy has environmental damage at that range. Assuming typical tactics, Bendy sorta charges around trying to flank the protagonist, whereas Inkling tactics are player choice. Under the conditions Bendy has the significant home-field advantage to gain a flank.

Even without prior knowledge, I am betting the Ink Demon takes this about 7-8/10. Inkling immediately pulverizes them with their weapons, and can potentially prevent him from regenerating, but in most scenarios I figure they wipe him out and he keeps coming to annihilate them with a touch. The second they get touched by corruption, game over.

It still amazes me that I managed to find one of those rare scenarios where the lesser tier character has a good chance of winning against the higher tier.

@Starter Pack

If you enjoy lower tier characters against higher tier characters, then perhaps I should educate u on the concept of smurfs

Mm, possibly. As long as access to its pocket dimension is restricted, anyway.

In Splatoon 2, Sunken Scroll 14 reads "The latest research has produced startling revelations about Inkling ink! One thought to simply disappear after a while, Inkling ink is actually rapidly disintegrated by airborne microbes!" Inside every Inklings inksack are these microbes. The second Bendy touchs or absorbs any of the inklings ink the best he can hope for is a draw. I vote Inkling due to very situational ink based Hax.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Bendy could still touch hi and corrupt him with his own ink, but okay. That's a fair enough vote.

"Inside every Inkling's inksack are these microbes"

No clue where you got that from since it's outside of the quote. If that was the case they would be destroyed from the inside due to being made of Ink. Even if they could use it offensively, it still takes a long time to happen (At LEAST the time it takes to finish a Turf War). Also, someone might bring up the whole "Bendy is pen ink not Squid Ink" thing again. To that I say this is actually better for Bendy, since the Inklings would be distilled in that the same way they do in water. Bendy basically passively covers the room he's in with ink, so the Inklings don't have an approach option. It would be a long and annoying battle for both, but in the end Bendy comes out on top. Also shouldn't Bendy's regen only be Low-High and not Mid-High?

The scroll itself shows that (https://cdn.wikimg.net/en/splatoonwiki/images/7/78/S2_Sunken_Scroll_14.png)

Inklings aren't 100% ink. Them not dying can be explained by them generate ink faster then it is eaten. Also their ink acts WAY differently then squid ink and acts much more in line to that of paint.

Fair point about the microbes taking forever to win as it takes several minutes to clear a field, but even if Bendy corrupts them wouldn't that mean the microbes would eventually free them and attack Bendy? Or does the corrupted individual die outright when they are corrupted? Not the most versed in his lore.

Honestly, since the Ink Machine is an endless suppy of Ink, Bendy might not even need to do anything about it. Especially since they work so slowly.

The Inkling is at quite the disadvantage given Bendy's Corruption and his ability to absorb their ink as previously mentioned.

Granted this, alongside the location advantage, I will give this match to Bendy as well.

WeeklyBattles said:
Inkling is about to be upgraded t 8-A with 7-B super weapons
This never happened during the months that my last match went on, so either head the upgrades yourself and get them through, or stop bringing them up unless they are actually, physically taking place.

Please.

Considering Bendy's wincing is through just absorbing the Inking an their attacks I don't see how an upgrade would change things much.

@Dargoo Inklings have multiple weapons that hard counter ink-based attacks, as in weapons that are made specifically to destroy ink

Woul someone like me to explain the Inklings' anti ink weaponry? Before the upgrade goes through that is

I believe that it's talking about inklings have a microbe that eat up the ink, so if Bendy even touches the inkling ink, or too much of it, he'd get eaten up? I think? I was just looking through previous posts.

No, Weekly means the weapons the Inklings use that are built specifically to cancel out ink.

Sure, Weekly. Go for it.

A Disruptor specifically designed to disrupt the bodies of ink-based creatures and reduce the amount of ink they can absorb to recover themselves, a Toxic Mist that causes ink-based beings to rapidly fall apart, and a sound canno specifically designed to disrupt the body of beings made of ink.

Welp, since Weekly finally managed to get his upgrade for the Inklings done, Inkling now just needs to breathe in order to win.

Added onto that the anti-ink weapons it has in its possession, and I suppose this truly is a stomp now. So, it can be closed.

Hope you're satisfied Weekly. You got what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back