• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The real Joestar vs the real Blackswordsman

A secret skill passed down by Integrity Knights since ancient times, and one of the most important concepts in the Sword Art Online franchise. Incarnation refers to the ability to change the state of the world through pure willpower and imagination. This mainly includes creation, alteration, and destruction. It is the power which Sacred Arts derive from. Its effects are versatile, as the power has been used to wield invisible blades, create swords from the user's blood, transmute objects, increase the chances of an event happening, and much more. However, the power of an Incarnation ability can be matched by another Incarnation ability, and the use of Incarnation is mentally exhausting, requiring a lot of concentration and energy to perform. If the user is in a state where their will is not strong enough, they become unable to use Incarnation. There are a limited amount of people who can use Incarnation to its full potential, and much practice and experience is needed to be able to use it. This ability is most prominent in the Underworld, as this ability is one of that world's core mechanics. However this ability has also been shown multiple times throughout the series before the Alicization arc.

That's not bad but it won't help against mindhax. It can maybe keep him alive longer but Jonathan isn't dying anytime soon due to regen.

Mind hax is not instantenous though, and not an option Jonathan would abuse on the first minute. He only uses it 2 times after Deep Pass, and one of those is specifically to sink the boat and drag Dio down with him.

Hamon doesn't just touch you and suddenly you are mindhaxed, needs to be intentional. The organ failure and such, however, is totally A Okay.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Kirito can't cut his head off if he gets mindhaxed on coming in contact with Jonathan's skin.
Since when... did Jonathan start fighting people by mind haxxing someone through skin contact?

SomebodyData said:
Since when... did Jonathan start fighting people by mind haxxing someone through skin contact?
Yeah I think it's a little much to assume that he'd instantly go for his mindhax technique considering the only time he's used it was when he was literally dying.

But what about metal silver overdrive? I think Kirito goes for the kill and Jonathan just kicks the sword and has his hamon disable his arm, possibly more. From there he can finish with sunlight yellow overdrive and just completely end Kirito.

I think Jonathan wins here you guys, that's my vote.

Metal Silver Overdrive is totally an option, yes, but the issue of Incarnation makes that hard. It could end in an inconclusive if Kirito evades death enough to get in a final attack in, in Kirito's side if that somehow lets him survive after, or for Jonathan if it's not enough and Kirito isn't able to kill him with said last chance.

I'd leave it to someone more experienced on SAO to give a veredict on that.

New aincrad Kirito is already 8C and Excalibur massively increases the users stats, and sword skills can increase stats to. Via incarnation Kirito would resist dying and probably use a sword skill (maybe mimic the starburst stream?) and win.

Johnathan likely starts with Metal Silver Overdrive first, since Kirito has metal swords.

However, one crucial detail could prevent Kirito from getting his arm disabled: Hypersense. The ability to detect violent intent.

Add that with Kirito's strategic/cautious battle thinking via 2 years of playing a game that could have unexpected events at every turn ("Wait, why isn't he using a sword?"), and Kirito would likely try to avoid Johnathan as much as possible until he gets a clean hit.

IF Kirito gets hit and his arm is disabled, then he's still in the game. VR avatars have pain resistance + infinite stamina (not on profile yet. Will be a small revision) to keep on going. After Kirito's arm is disabled, he'd realize Johnathan is really dangerous up close, so he'll either need a clean hit or chip him from range via his only ranged attack (Lightning Fall. And this move will likely one shot Johnathan, or at least do major damage, since he's only 8-C+ to Kirito's High 8-C that can still easily take down baselines in this key).

Kirito would likely try the latter, since he doesn't want to take any chances, and he's a generally cautious fighter. That, or he can smoke screen Johnathan, then try a sneak attack, however I still believe Lightning Fall to be the more likely option (as smoke screen + sneak attack would likely be a last resort).

Also friendly reminder that Sword Skills amp the user significantly with both speed and strength (to not being able to harm a boar to being able to one shot it, or to not being able to percieve the attack even if you could percieve a normal attack for two examples).

Also Incarnation, but that's a reeeaaaaaaaaaally last resort, and if Kirito believes not much is at stake in this battle, Incarnation likely won't even be a factor in this match.

Yeah

Of course, I don't think he'll aim to Mindhax, at least, not immediately as Kirito is swinging his swords.

Meanwhile, one good hit and Kirito's much higher AP (Excalibur Kirito isn't 8-C SMH) would oneshot

With the speed being Equalized, it'd say it's quite a good match that could go on either side. Both sides are quite versatile in their abilities. Now what I wanna know is can hammon overcome Incarnation?

DMUA said:
Yeah

Of course, I don't think he'll aim to Mindhax, at least, not immediately as Kirito is swinging his swords.

Meanwhile, one good hit and Kirito's much higher AP (Excalibur Kirito isn't 8-C SMH) would oneshot
Jonathan used Metal Silver Overdrive on Bruford as he was swinging his sword.

In aim to melt off his arm, not to Mindhax

Then again, I guess if he had a normal person swing a sword at him he might pull it

Back