• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Purpose of Afterimage Creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really understood why this is listed as an ability, isn't it just a speed based thing? And if someone were to be faster than the user, doesn't that make the afterimages pointless?

I could understand if the ability weren't related to speed, such as Killua Zoldyck, but wouldn't that be counted as Illusion Creation?

Just a question

Tbh if after-image is a speed based thing then there is no point in using it. If your speed is that much higher than the opponent, why use after image when you can blitz, right?

"Illusion creation is the ability to create false sensory input (usually images) to confuse enemies."

This sounds more accurate imo.

It's just weird that it's counted as an ability. Like, it's generally meant to demonstrate that one character can move faster than the other character can perceive.

The ability doesn't work if the opponent is of equal or greater speed. It's a pure Speed based ability.

Only some fictional franchises use the ability. I do not think that the powers & abilities page does any harm, and it would be unnecessary work to remove the link from all profiles that list the ability.

Well, since the question has been answered, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back