• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Prime Conduit vs. The Last Son of Krypton

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Cole MacGrath vs Superman (Earth One)

Infamous 1 Good Cole.

Speed Equal.

Cole render
I thought this would be the end, that once Kessler and the Ray Sphere were gone, my life would go back to normal. But now I understand that this is my life. There's no going back. The gift of the powers will be my burden until the day I die.

vs.
Superman (Earth One)
Superman (Earth One)

How many forking Supermen has Cole been matched up to

Yobobojojo said:
I would read that.
Cole: Alright, I'll join you're little team, but I'm NOT wearing any tights

Anyway, back on topic, this is a pretty close one. Both are pretty even in AP, Supes is > 30 megatons, and Cole is >>> 27 megatons.

Cole has the edge in versatility, as he can block Superman's attacks with shields, or send them back with shockwaves. He has resistance to cold and heat, so that helps with freeze breath and heat vision. He also possesses means of amping his AP with Karmic Overloads and electricity absorption, and can amp his speed with Precision Mode. His ability to heal will help in a battle of attrition.

However, this Superman seems super smart, and his passive absorption of solar energy will help with his strength. I don't know much about earth 1 Supes, so I'm gonna wait before voting

Pretty sure Cole should have an AP edge. We may not be allowed to put +s without calcs anymore, but he's still immensely above his 27 Megatons literally pressing the start button feat.

True, plus he created a ~22 megaton storm completely by accident literally a few minutes later (we should probably add that to his AP justification) before getting upgraded

I mean

I was thinking about that then I figured "Can fight people who can harm him" was more straightforward and not confusing.

You know what, I think I'm just vote for Cole

He more likely than not has the AP advantage for the reasons listed above, and he can further amp himself via electricity absorption and Karmic Overload.

The only things that Supes has over Cole is intelligence and mobility via flight, but Cole has his number in just about every other category.

Cole can counter heat vision with shields and shockwaves, heat and cold resistance helps with freeze breathe and heat vision, passive Regenerationn that can be amped via electricity absorption counters most damage that Superman can dish out, flight is countered via ranged attacks, and zipping through the sky leaves him vulnerable to Cole dropping the thunder on him, and he could potentially blot out the sky with his weather manipulation (his storms usually leave the sky pitch black, with little sunlight getting through). Speed is equalized, but Cole can amp his speed via precision mode (though it rapidly eats through his energy pool).

Overall, I see Cole taking this via versatility and AP advantage 8/10

Okay, I'd just like to say, Wasn't Karmic Overload just unlimited energy for spamming your abilities to Oblivion rather then an AP buff?

Wait no you're right, it was Overcharge that gives him a boost. Karmic Overload just give him unlimited energy for a short amount of time (though he theoretically can still get stronger from that via electricity absorbing)

I've been confusing the two for such a long time why didn't you guys say anything now I look like an ass

I mean I just kinda never noticed I'm sorry ma

Also, as a side note, isn't Overcharge kinda outside help considering he has to get supercharged by special equipment to use it?

Are you talking about the RFI? If so, then no. Basically, as described by a genius electrician, Overcharge is a state that Cole enters when he absorbs a massive charge, an overcharge. With this he gains a passive electrical aura that fries everything around him and makes him stronger.

They're two forms of Overcharge, the one that we see in the side missions, the temporary one where he has to keep touching the wires to keep he charge, and the permanent one he gets at the end of the the good karma (and possibly at the beginning of the game) that lets him keep flying. We know it's a power up because as seen with the Beast and the fact that it's now super easy to kill enemies during the side missions. The difference between the two is the amount of electricity Cole absorbs. The reason why the end game one was so beefy was because Cole absorbed a massive amount of electricity (Cole rewired all of the substations to spots Cole and Nix charged the RFI at)

And even if he did get the power up through the special equipment, I'm pretty we could still give it to him since we do that for a lot of character who get powers/power ups through outside equipment (Mario, Link, etc)

So yeah, Cole can use Overcharge by himself without the RFI, he just needs to absorb a large amount of electricity.

I was referring to the regular one. RFI is definitely a boost he can use.

Anyways, Cole for the reasons above.

Yeah, he had to absorb the charge from substations to become Overcharged, it was noted that it produced a massive charge. He should be able to do it via absorbing massive amounts of electricity from anything, it doesn't necessarily have to be a substation/generator.

The RFI thing was also an Overcharge, had the same aura and everything, it was just a massive one cause it was Cole absorbing literally all of the city's electricity after it have been rewired to a few substations.

Back